It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky has gone GOLD!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, the game is finally out of production, finalized and heading to the production presses:

The ambitious space exploration game, No Man's Sky, is finally done. No Man's Sky has been in development for four years and had to deal with a delayed launch and legal battle over the game's name.

Sean Murray, the founder of development studio Hello Games, shared a picture on Twitter that showed his team celebrating with the finished version of No Man's Sky.

This might be the game that'll get me to fire up my PS4 again. I've been waiting anxiously for this game for a while now because:

No Man's Sky is one of the most anticipated games of 2016 because of how expansive its universe is. The game is procedurally generated, meaning an algorithm will shape the game's environments and events. This means no two players will ever experience the exact same gameplay. Hello Games estimates there will be over 18 quintillion planets in No Man's Sky's universe, which would take 5 billion years to explore.

Players will have to explore and survive the depths of space, bouncing from one planet to another. Every star in the night sky is a sun and solar system you can visit. You'll earn currency by uploading more and more data about different worlds to a database called The Atlas.

All players share the same universe in No Man's Sky, but that means it's extremely unlikely you'll ever run into another player in the game. The scope of its universe is that vast. This means the game will essentially be a single player game so don't expect to pair up with friends to conquer the universe.

There are, however, people wondering if it will be VR-compatible:

There has also been speculation that No Man's Sky could be adapted to work with PlayStation VR, which will be released globally October 13. Hello Games experimented with other VR platforms like the Oculus Rift during production of the game, so it's easy to see why there's speculation of a PlayStation VR capable version.

Having No Man's Sky support PlayStation VR would definitely entice gamers to jump on the platform and it would make sense for the game to be PlayStation VR's flagship title. It'll also be interesting to see if No Man's Sky will support multiple VR platforms, including the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, since the game will be available on PC.

TechRadar

Seems to me that this game is made for VR, the perfect fit...

Sorry Xbone people, it's only PS4 and PC

Anyone else excited?

edit on 7-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I can't wait!!

I don't really care for the VR, though I feel that the game would be perfect for it. I'm behind the times, still sitting infront of my monitor with a keyboard and mouse... it's not virtual reality until it's a holodeck!

But yes! I can't wait for No Man's Sky! I've pre-ordered, and I'm waiting!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Its one of the very few games I considered pre-ordering. I personally feel pre-orders are damaging to the gaming world. It garuntees money even if the game ends up sucking. Activision for example can see that they're going to make a ton of cash due to the pre-orders, and can allow the development to slack off. They can cut material from the game and dice it up into DLC. Hell, they've already got your money...how are you going to miss content you didn't even know was supposed to come with the game you already paid for?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
MystikMushroom

I don't think excited is the word. This game is going to revolutionize the industry, watch.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, it comes out in August ... that'll be tough. We both want it, but August is an expensive month already for us and $60 is an expensive game.

I'm sure we'll both be getting it since it looks like something we can enjoy together as a couple, but it may take us some time to get the required copies to do it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
I think its going to be ridden with game killer glitches at first because of its enormity and by its nature difficulty to test. I hope it turns out well because it is an exciting premise.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
it's not virtual reality until it's a holodeck!

Best answer! I agree.

originally posted by: kaelci
I've pre-ordered, and I'm waiting!

Ditto! I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced years ago, even before Sony put their grubby mitts into the cookie jar. I pre-ordered the first day it became available on Steam.

One more month to go......

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Sorry Xbone people, it's only PS4 and PC 

For now...

Hopefully that changes.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I grew up with video games and flight sims and have done pretty good at weening myself off of them. Then developers come out with this AWESOME idea and I try my best to look the other way. With a growing car collection and a house, I`m still thinking about getting a PS4 just so i can play this one game. Bigger supercharger? Or pre-order this and get a PS4? Not sure which would be more fun ATM.

If there is a playable craft that resembles our favorite black triangle "Phantasms" I`m done for.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I am getting it.

It reminds me of a combination of Nintendo's Solar Jetman and 3dO's Star Control 2

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This Game sounds fantastic, the potential they could have with this game,it could go in any direction they want to with it,cant wait to get it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Apparently the developers created "drones" to search the universe for bugs... Kind of an interesting way of handling it, similar to the idea of a web-crawler, I suppose.

No Man's Sky Drones
edit on 772016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

More on this
edit on 772016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yep, am itching for this, seems like I've been waiting forever for it though!

The only thing I am still worried about is variety, being a small team that they are, but the video demos so far have pleased me enough, really can't wait!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I really wish they had put in a "mothership" option so that you could tow around multiple ship types.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
MystikMushroom

I don't think excited is the word. This game is going to revolutionize the industry, watch.

It looks impressive, but randomly generated content has already been a thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
First step to creating an actual O.A.S.I.S

RP1 readers will get it ...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'll wait for the hype to settle.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Been following NMS for two years. Ill be in the NMS universe day 1 with zero doubt. Im hoping to reach the center by the end of week 2.

Cant wait to start it up. Mining real elements, flying your person ship, fighting giant alien monsters, and having your own unique home planet??

Would love to see people's home planets and discoveries here from ATS. Maybr we should start an ATS catalogue for NMS when it releases.

edit on 8-7-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
Would love to see people's home planets and discoveries here from ATS. Maybr we should start an ATS catalogue for NMS when it releases.

I second this motion!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The carton graphics are a turn off for me unfortunately. For anyone with the same feeling, check out Elite Dangerous. Very similar game with more realistic graphics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join