It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To our Muslim friends - As Ramadan comes to a close...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
As-salāmu ʿalaykum,

Ramadan Mubarak all...

Ramadan is drawing to a close which means our Muslim friends will be celebrating Eid al-Fitr, also known as the festival of breaking of the fast which is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting (sawm).

The religious Eid is a single day during which Muslims are not permitted to fast. The holiday celebrates the conclusion of the 29 or 30 days of dawn-to-sunset fasting during the entire month of Ramadan. The day of Eid, therefore, falls on the first day of the month of Shawwal. The date for the start of any lunar Hijri month varies based on the observation of new moon by local religious authorities, so the exact day of celebration varies by locality. However, in most countries, it is generally celebrated on the same day as Saudi Arabia.

If you are a non Muslim and you are invited to feast with your Muslim friends take them up on the offer and learn about each other.

Ramadan ends on July 5th / July 6th (I have seen both dates so I am not sure which day it actually is).

Hopefully everyone had a good, blessed month.

edit on 4-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I enjoy torturing my Turkish friend when I eat in front of him while he's trying to fast. I will be mourning the end of Ramadan once again.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I dont know any but I would probably go if I was invited.

a reply to: Metallicus

Unfortunately, violence doesnt stop for any month.

Especially when religion is involved, "God" fully endorses and encourages it.

edit on 4-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Obviously anyone committing murder during Ramadan wasn't truly Muslim.

For our Muslim friends members:

Ramadan Mubarak, enjoy your feasts.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Obviously anyone committing murder during Ramadan wasn't truly Muslim

thats true as they will know that anyone who dies during the month of Ramadan goes directly to "Heaven"

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did you know what the word "Mubarak" means? Mubarak is an Arabic given name,and a variant form is Baraka or "Barack". So it appears your president gets his name from the muslim arabic word of Mubarak......If you use the words Eid (celebration) together with Mubarak (blessed) and say "Eid Mubarak", that is the correct muslim greeting for the start of Idul Fitri holidays.....a little trivia for you....
Eid Mubarak for Idul Fitri to all our muslim members....

edit on 4-7-2016 by tommo39 because: add

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
[SNIP]

So yea, We all hope all bombings and killings come to an end as some random holiday for Muslims comes to an end. What are we hoping for 4th of July, ? End to world hunger and mass shootings,, racism, bigotry, violence in general. ?
edit on 4/7/16 by argentus because: Removed quote of off-topic comment and response

(post by Spacespider removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Sad to see how Muslims around the web post these jolly happy threads about starving them self and their children for some imaginary god proclaimed by a pedophile.

That big smile right in our face.. while their brothers and sisters blew our families to dust in the name of their god.

I say ban these terrible acts and ban Islam in the public domain.. its a evil brainwashed organisation.
Its a group of people that will smile to your face.. but stab you in the back.

Just as you will hear that every Muslim tells you he is like angel but worship groups like Isis in the dark and with other Muslims.

Really? Im pretty sure none of my muslim friends are going to stab me in the back or worship Isis. What a disgusting opinion you have. You and the terrorists both contribute to the world being what it is today

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hopefully all the bombings and killing will also come to and end. I am all for a time of peace after this last month of blood and carnage.

I thought I heard on the T.V. news cast the other day that ISIL/ISIS has called for some "end of Ramadan" attacks. After they have consumed mass quantities at the end of Ramadan and have come out of their food coma, they are being called to more attacks.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

(post by 3danimator2014 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

(post by TommyD1966 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join