It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New data suggests a design flaw on the great pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Afternoon team, just finished reading about a possible design flaw that has been identified on the great pyramid. I couldn't see it in this forum so would love to see peoples thoughts on this.

The area in question is the west side of the pyramid, where measurements made by the Ancient Egypt Research Associates found that is was slightly longer than the rest, resulting in the base being an imperfect square.

New measurements by the Ancient Egypt Research Associates found the west side of the pyramid ended up slightly longer than the east side, making its base an imperfect square. The east side originally measured between 755.561 and 755.817 feet (230.295 to 230.373 metres), but the west side of the pyramid originally measured somewhere between 755.833 and 756.024 feet (230.378 to 230.436 metres). So the west side may have been off by up to 5.5 inches (14.1 centimetres).

Glen Dash the leader of AREA and the main fella in this project, his report is very insightful.

What are we saying ATS, is this research going to change opinion? That the builders were susceptible to human error?
To me I think it is not surprising it was not as perfect as we thought, however it shows more to me the level of precision that the AE had during their times. Even it was out by 14cm, that is a remarkable achievement.

There is much more information here:

Dash Report

Live Science

Ancient Origins

ArchBlogspot

Stay frosty ATS
edit on 25-6-2016 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparta

What are we saying ATS, is this research going to change opinion? That the builders were susceptible to human error? To me I think it is not surprising it was not as perfect as we thought, however it shows more to me the level of precision that the AE had during their times. Even it was out by 14cm, that is a remarkable achievement.

Exactly. It evidences what many have said for a long time. It's a phenomenal human achievement. No aliens or gods needed.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Or
There might be a reason why it is out by 14cm that we don't understand yet

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I bet they have a good reson.
Now cheak All other pyramids.
I bet you find they have this too.

it could be the weather, wind and rain.
and the Sun. the sun does slowly damage things.
so add wind rain and sun.
they are over 2500 years old.

edit on 25-6-2016 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Wouldn't that difference be only about 0.0606% over the length of the side?

Mean length of the side in question: 755.929 ft or 9071.142 inches.

Difference to other sides: 5.5 inches

5.5 inches / 9017.142 inches = 0.000606

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What are we saying ATS, is this research going to change opinion? That the builders were susceptible to human error?

Means aliens didn't built it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Or

It's a massive structure, it could be the ground underneath shifted slowly over time. All it would take is the first 10 stone levels to be out (moved) by 1/2" and it may not have effected the rest of the structure.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/25.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just to put it in perspective for folks, go build a house with nothing but a stick and strings to measure by. Then, imagine building one of the biggest man made objects on the planet, with millions of stones, cut to fit, with those same tools. If it's off by a few centimeters, it's still an incredible achievement.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Let's just hope those idiots in Iraq and Syria don't get their hands on it...

I've had my heart broken enough watching those savages erase our shared human history...

If the Sphinx is ever destroyed I will drag my old bones down and sign up for war!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The pyramid has stood there for a very long time and weights a great deal. We know the land has changed by the water markings and where the river flowed, so what about a slight difference i the land which was slowly caused this difference?

I am not bothered in the slightest by such a small difference because their ingenuity in arranging to build and complete such a structure makes them so brilliant and accomplished.

I know we make a lot of measurements but even our planet is slightly 'plump' at the middle isn't it? So nothings perfect - heaven forbid.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Means aliens didn't built it.

They're calling it a flaw and it might not be one. I've also never read that all alien designs were perfect. But Neo, your claim just doesn't hold any sand! As other have posted, there might be valid reasons for the differential.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Or

It's a massive structure, it could be the ground underneath shifted slowly over time. All it would take is the first 10 stone levels to be out (moved) by 1/2" and it may not have effected the rest of the structure.

Cheers - Dave

Can't argue with that logic, bit much to just say they were wrong
It's like scientists are embarrassed that the pyramid is such a marvel so rejoice in finding any fault to make themselves feel better

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Or

Yes, what we think of as errors, are deliberate variations to implicate the unit of measure used in construction.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
surely this pyramid has been extensively measured, studied, analysed with computer models and simulations, For decades now and with modern advanced technology. .

Why has this only been discovered now? How come nobody noticed it before?
Doesn't that seem odd?

It doesn't seem much in terms of building but is a huge discrepancy in terms of study and research. .
edit on 25/6/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Its such a small error and if probably found it would of caused perhaps years of having to sort it all out for a few inches and given the pyramid was to be covered in limestone they could just make that corners stones a little bit thinner and when the pharoh went around with his measuring tape to check the work it would be perfect.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
just so you know a high acceptable tolerance for a modern structure in formed concrete would be 1mm per metre, and here you regard the substructure not the finish, there is no definitive purpose for this structure. it is way within the tolerance of the engineering of a modern powerstation or runway. without the finish. you cannot hope for a finer finish until you travail with metal and moving parts.
i would be very interested to see what claims this brings forth or attempts to debunk.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

also this, outside a dome is the most stable solid structure possible, exempting the neccesity of such fine tolerances, so that in itself is fascinating.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

didnt i meet you in a british bar 2 years ago?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's a construction flaw, not a design flaw. Unless...

Come on you number fiddlers!

It must be intentional. I bet the offset corresponds to the cube root of the ratio between the distance between Giza and Rome divided by half the distance to the Sun.

Or something.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

and thats the best ya got, phage?
as bad as the loons!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join