It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter blames Orlando attack on ‘white supremacy’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Ditto. Well the Capitalism part I agree with... Oil.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just curious and addressed to our black ATSers. Do any of you support BLM? I mean...they seem like such a joke and racist "organization" that I'm curious if anyone actually supports them other than brain-dead slobs who would be rioting if not following them around.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

The new cool norm is to blame the whitey for everything, including bad haircuts and crap cooking.

Look, not everyone can be as awesome as a whitey, you've just gotta live with the skin color you are born with and hope that the whiteys in your zone treat you nice.

I feel like this thread will be derailed to be used as a pawn to sensitize 'emotions' and say even more moronic things. its just the moronic things people say we're against. Behind the guise to edify if some say daft things in ignorance. Theres no personal 'say hunch', against other human beings here.

Maybe morons brings out the best in other morons?

Are you implying that the context of my comment is even more full-retard than BLM's epiphany?

as a die-hard moron, I shall wear this badge with honor.

Take that BLM.

Hows that for daft things in ignorance?

I like it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Just curious and addressed to our black ATSers. Do any of you support BLM? I mean...they seem like such a joke and racist "organization" that I'm curious if anyone actually supports them other than brain-dead slobs who would be rioting if not following them around.

Im black, and i despise their ignorance and sheer and utter lack of basic understanding of anything at an academic level. High school kids can string more coherent sentences and make a modicum of common sense than the majority of them.
However, id rather educate and edify than stoop to their level.

But im always guilty by association by other races if im watching them generalize their ideas to the masses on the news while in a public place. You cant make up this kind of irony.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Original BLM article cited is Here.

Some of the dumbest stuff I've ever heard.

To honor our dead, and fight like hell for the living, we need a new vision for safety that prioritizes human rights and does not facilitate deadly violence. We need a world that realizes that the word “terrorist” is not synonymous with Muslim, any more than “criminal” is synonymous with Black. The enemy is now and has always been the four threats of white supremacy, patriarchy, capitalism, and militarism. These forces and not Islam create terrorism. These forces, and not queerness, create homophobia.

So not only are they going way off-base to make this about "white supremacy", but they are using gay people as their shield.

Disgusting

edit on 23-6-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Im black, and i despise their ignorance and sheer and utter lack of basic understanding of anything at an academic level. High school kids can string more coherent sentences and make a modicum of common sense than the majority of them.
However, id rather educate and edify than stoop to their level.

But im always guilty by association by other races if im watching them generalize their ideas to the masses on the news while in a public place. You cant make up this kind of irony.

You sir...have my respect!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

My comment wasn't meant to disparage the Dumbass family name or any of your kin, my friend. As you can see, I specifically used the lower case 'd' when I referenced the dumbasses in BLM rather than the upper case 'D' I would have used had I been discussing you or any of the Dumbass lineage.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Dumbass

My comment wasn't meant to disparage the Dumbass family name or any of your kin, my friend. As you can see, I specifically used the lower case 'd' when I referenced the dumbasses in BLM rather than the upper case 'D' I would have used had I been discussing you or any of the Dumbass lineage.

Ohw ....

That's my bad. I hope you can forgive me my wrongdoing attitude. I guess society has gotten me too. I think I am rotten just like them. I just felt this need to outburst into a little public cry to make sure that the Dumbass name was more important then anyone else.

I'm ashamed to be that ignorant.
Please don't deny me.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

I agree with that quoted text... it's true. Note how it states white supremacy not white people. Patriarchy not men.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I almost cared, just for a moment but.......it's gone.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I support a lot of what BLM stands for, but I fail to see how this is the fault of white supremacy or capitalism.

What do they stand for that you agree with?

You're more than welcome to call them racist. Your opinion on the matter does not concern me.

They are undeniably racist! Every single one of their founders and some of their leaders have openly called for violence against whites. Their followers across the country have taken part in racist actions, like the assault on white students at Dartmouth College. They have openly called for racial segregation as well. They have all the typical symptoms of a racist group, yet you support them. Why? Do you consider black racists to be harmless?
edit on 23-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I agree with that quoted text... it's true. Note how it states white supremacy not white people. Patriarchy not men.

White supremacy and patriarchy caused a Muslim to pledge allegiance to Allah and shoot up a gay club, did it?

1. There's not even a white supremacist in the story.

2. The only patriarchy you can cite in this argument is the one in Saudi Arabia

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What do they stand for that you agree with?

I agree that there has been/continues to be some systemic racism in this country and that law enforcement policies have been biased in certain areas. I also agree that we need to address those issues and we also need to stop using politics to excuse the actions of officials.

They have all the typical symptoms of a racist group, yet you support them. Why? Do you consider black racists to be harmless?

The fact you ask that question means you lack the ability to understand that even though some people may agree with particular points the group may have, they may not subscribe to all of their beliefs or all of their actions.

I also believe that there are problems within black communities that only they have the ability to remedy...such as the family structure. The KKK also believes in such a thing as do many Right Wingers. Does that mean that I or all Right Wingers support everything the KKK does?

No. Of course not.

Your approach is amateurish and simple-minded. That is just as much a problem as anything else regarding such topics.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I said the quoted text which talks about root causes.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

To honor our dead, and fight like hell for the living, we need a new vision for safety that prioritizes human rights and does not facilitate deadly violence. We need a world that realizes that the word “terrorist” is not synonymous with Muslim, any more than “criminal” is synonymous with Black. The enemy is now and has always been the four threats of white supremacy, patriarchy, capitalism, and militarism. These forces and not Islam create terrorism. These forces, and not queerness, create homophobia.

That's quite strange given that it was the whites who abolished slavery first, the patriarchy that developed society, Capitalism that made societies free, and militarism that protected it all. Mauritania, an African and Islamic country, still has slavery.
edit on 23|6|16 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I agree that there has been/continues to be some systemic racism in this country and that law enforcement policies have been biased in certain areas.

Prove it.

I'll show you provable systemic racism:

Supreme Court Upholds Affirmative Action Program at University of Texas
www.nytimes.com...

I'll say though, I don't completely disagree with you. I follow Cop Block and I myself have been a completely innocent victim of cops who didn't care about my rights. So I know it happens, but I know it happens to people of all colors. If you're going to make it a race issue, I'm going to oppose you.

The fact you ask that question means you lack the ability to understand that even though some people may agree with particular points the group may have, they may not subscribe to all of their beliefs or all of their actions.

So by your standards there could be KKK members who have some redeeming qualities?

The KKK also believes in such a thing as do many Right Wingers. Does that mean that I or all Right Wingers support everything the KKK does?

That's almost exactly the popular narrative.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'll say though, I don't completely disagree with you.

Then why do I need to prove it?

If you're going to make it a race issue, I'm going to oppose you.

I didn't. BLM did. I agree that black lives matter and we need to address their grievances.

So by your standards there could be KKK members who have some redeeming qualities?

I think you missed the point.

That's almost exactly the popular narrative.

I thought my post was pretty clear and showed how blanket demonization is ridiculous.

Did you really miss that?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Everyone knows that the shooting was because the coward was a registered democrat Muslim terrorist!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Then why do I need to prove it?

Prove systemic racism against black people. The cops ignore the rights of people of all colors.

I didn't. BLM did. I agree that black lives matter and we need to address their grievances.

They're just people like anyone else, so address it in regards to all people and dump the obviously racist group.

Do you think it's racist to hate white people?

I think you missed the point.

I'm in full control here bud, you're the one that seems to having trouble.

I thought my post was pretty clear and showed how blanket demonization is ridiculous.

Of course it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Prove systemic racism against black people. The cops ignore the rights of people of all colors.

Incarceration rates.

Do you think it's racist to hate white people?

No. I hate people that happen to be from all sorts of "colors". Does that mean that their lives don't matter?

I'm in full control here bud, you're the one that seems to having trouble.

Not really. My point as fairly elementary. Obviously you missed it if you had to ask that question.

Personal redeeming qualities and a point about certain aspects of our existence are two separate things.

Of course it is.

That wasn't so hard, was it?
edit on 23-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join