It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has become more right wing recently.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

NONSENSE AND UNMITIGATEDLY UNTRUE.

--It is the LIBERALS that riot in a flash.

--It is the LIBERAL media that incite to riot in a flash.

--It is the LIBERALS who believe that 'everyone' should have free speech EXCEPT CONSERVATIVES--whom they LITERALLY SHOUT DOWN at every venue they can get away with it at.

--It is the LIBERALS that invented the whole idiotic nonsense of "politically correct" with which to shout down foundationally sane, common sense facts and truths.

--It is the LIBERALS that invented the whole hideous ruthless tyranny of "hate speech" with which to shout down, silence and EVEN JAIL people who dare to say that the emperor has no clothes and that the common citizens are being ruthlessly jailed over nothing.

--It is the LIBERALS who shout down any hint of the idea that an unborn baby has a RIGHT TO LIVE.

--It is the LIBERALS who shout down any hint of the idea that many thousands of years of culture have sanctioned and emphasized the stability and family enhancing facts surrounding one man marrying one woman.

--It is the LIBERALS who shout down any hint of the idea that teaching grade schoolers how to have every kind of perverse sex is a recipe for disaster to the social fabric of a nation.

--It is the LIBERALS who shout down any hint of the idea that home schooling is one of the wisest things a parent can do for their children.

--It is the LIBERALS who shout down any hint of the idea that both sides of issues need to be presented FAIRLY.

I could go on and on and on . . . accurately.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I used to like the fact that this site seemed to be average in the middle when it comes to political orientation. But this has changed.
Now I look at the top threads, and all I see is far right wing. Maybe that is a reflection of what is happening in the west, but I am less happy to click on ATS.

Oh well. Nothing stays the same. Change is part of time.

Its election time thats all, both factions have their people on here. The right wing has got more money than the left (probabily more like middle bu still) wing, and so they can afford more people.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Like I said, authoritarians.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sometimes

Dr. Paul would be way too late. He also didn't want to run, that is why his son tried. Rand was not awful, certainly better than other Republican offerings.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

None of that is true. Liberals do not shout down 'any hint' of any of those things nor do they do the things you say they do.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Like I said, authoritarians.

Absolutely indeed.

What's the name of that more or less conservative gay bloke . . . the black liberals literally shouted his talk closed. There was another thread about it.

Yet we have a tyrannical liberal on this thread claiming that black is white; up is down and evil is good. Sheesh. I didn't realize how utterly effective the media lobotimization had been to so many. Mind boggling.

Tyranny indeed. They won't be happy until all the conservatives are marched off to the death camps--not realizing . . . that they'll be there earlier or soon after.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Evidently you are not only on a different planet but likely

in a different Galactic cluster.

I've worked at universities for 30+ years. I've seen it increasingly happen in front of my face.

You can describe your reality but

I know what I SAW PERSONALLY IN FRONT OF MY OWN FACE AND EARS and there's no way that I'll agree to your Marxist revisionist hogwash about what happened in MY LIFE over and over and over and over again.

And that extremely hypocritically, outrageously, irrationally on the part of the liberal idiots pulling such stunts.

Did you see that video of the black liberals shouting that gay conservative's event closed? That one video proves your whole thread as wrong as rain.

edit on 11/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I used to like the fact that this site seemed to be average in the middle when it comes to political orientation. But this has changed.

Same and believed that more so than leaning to one side only. Have noted what seems to be a change as late as well. That's due to having read some concerning posts that reflect a strong extreme side of things that the site usually wouldn't accept as the norm, that are now being accepted.

It's also possible that some topics that appear Conservative or Trump leaning are neutral instead if you take into context the said negativity towards Hillary. Though, personally for me, I don't see them as the extreme worry-some concern at all as a presidential hopeful should be put on the spot to help determine if they are worthy as well as be discussed. Though, I agree the site is saturated with political talk.

Now I look at the top threads, and all I see is far right wing. Maybe that is a reflection of what is happening in the west, but I am less happy to click on ATS.

Oh well. Nothing stays the same. Change is part of time.

Past few days, due to the political threads(not to say I'm not guilty of replies) taking over as if this were only the old P(olitical)TS, I've wanted to try to be the change I want to see. While I'm working on that, at the same time realized it likely isn't going to do much.
edit on 11-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Milo Yiannopoulos, a genius!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

no, the Right has shouted almost everything down. The site is constantly hammered by threads backed by ocscure right wing blogs or threads that twist even the article they are based on...for star and flag bait. It is becoming unreasonable.

Think of it this way, a wounded beast wails the loudest.
They've lost the "culture war" so all they can do is vent, hence the constant agitation.
They're miserable & want to make everyone else suffer with them, don't take the bait.

I also get a kick out of the fact that they have been yammering about exercising their second to take "their" country back for over a decade.
Their constant calls for violent takeover of the commons on their more despicable chat boards.

But oh the meek weak libtards push back just a bit with some minor fist to cuffs & "Oh my woe is me look how violent the liberals are". "Why they're terrorists, oh my heavens me what will we do".

They're a sitcom so enjoy the show.

K~

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Less Right-Wing and more of a "Trumpa-palooza"

It will pass.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Every so often someone makes a thread like this.

Next month someone will post about how liberal this place is.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

no, the Right has shouted almost everything down. The site is constantly hammered by threads backed by ocscure right wing blogs or threads that twist even the article they are based on...for star and flag bait. It is becoming unreasonable.

Think of it this way, a wounded beast wails the loudest.
They've lost the "culture war" so all they can do is vent, hence the constant agitation.
They're miserable & want to make everyone else suffer with them, don't take the bait.

I also get a kick out of the fact that they have been yammering about exercising their second to take "their" country back for over a decade.
Their constant calls for violent takeover of the commons on their more despicable chat boards.

But oh the meek weak libtards push back just a bit with some minor fist to cuffs & "Oh my woe is me look how violent the liberals are". "Why they're terrorists, oh my heavens me what will we do".

They're a sitcom so enjoy the show.

K~

That was accurate. You described it better than I could.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Milo Yiannopoulos, a genius!

RIGHT. HIM!

That was sooooooooooooooooo hypocritical and outrageous how they shut down his whole event.

And yet someone can say with evidently 'straight fingers on their keyboard' that it is the liberals shouted down!

Not on this planet!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Right on the nose!

Its actually about freedom to live your life (within the law of course) as you always have done and choose to continue to do. Its also a freedom you have actually worked hard for plus of course paid your taxes for.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I'm confused, are you describing the progressives? Exactly which group in society has been screaming the loudest over the last 20 years?

I also see that you and Reldra condone violence AKA "fist to cuffs" against people who disagree with you.

In modern western society if you can't win the debate without resorting to violence, you're more than a few decades behind. You need to think about exactly what it is you support.

edit on 11-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The "new liberals" want to redefine terms, limit speech, inhibit free expression, suppress individuality, silence opposition, punish people that don't agree with them.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
YUP! ABSOLUTELY INDEED!

Bears repeating with emphasis

The "new liberals" want to redefine terms, limit speech, inhibit free expression, suppress individuality, silence opposition, punish people that don't agree with them.

They are truly the REGRESSIVES--trying vigorously to regress the whole planet back to Babylon . . . where babies were sacrificed by being placed in the red hot metal arms of a statue of the god Molach.

They'll succeed for 3.5-7 years or so.

And the blood will flow even more than now.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Here's whats going on.

Liberals have had the loudest voices in media and social media for years. Television, news, facebook, twitter, tumblr and even ATS. This is undeniable.

If someone disagreed with the narrative, no matter how ridiculous it was, most wouldn't speak their mind for fear of being labeled and shamed or worse. This is what happens when you try to control and silence speech.

Now the pendulum is swinging back the other way, especially with the rise of Trump, and the silent majority on both sides of the spectrum are becoming more vocal.

edit on 11-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There's a reason it's only a handful churning out thread after thread of right wing propaganda

Because its the truth that is posted as opposed to the left wing BS ?
That would be my answer

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join