It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there real immortals among us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

They are here. I knew one. I won't talk of her though.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Someone is this thread once mentioned that the last immortal person was taken away by the Knights Templars to an unknown place.

Very interesting wonder were they would put him?

By now this immortal could be running the government as AMPTAH mentioned in his post or in a lab creating the next step for humanity? someone out there knows.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Snarl

No. But I imagine it was a fun thread.
How old was this vampire?

I don't really pay too much attention to that kind of stuff ... so most of the detail is forgotten. What I do remember was that they had a pretty cool avatar (so I had signed up by then). I was also surprised the mods didn't clamp down on the discussion, 'cause I thought for a minute we were gonna revisit the events of the late 2000s and the floods of vamp threads.

This person just came off as more genuine. I eventually thought they were trolling a bit and stopped following her (I believe it was a her) on the boards.

ETA: I did use the search engine and looked through about nine pages of threads with no luck. Sorry 'bout that.
edit on 762016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lol I remember that tv series with Duncan McCloud, it was surprisingly decent.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

One of the nine? Did she tell you about the nine?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't think there are but have no way of knowing, sorry.
If there are, I would say that Marie Osmond is about as close to immortal as can be.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord
Yes.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Who told you about thatif? you don't mind me asking.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: rickymouse

Do you remember the member vampire we had here a while back. I think they really believed they were immortal.

Immortal or immoral? One letter difference.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hm, so that would imply there must be some kind of omnipotence that comes with being immortal.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Let's say "they live among us" and you see a person(s) every day on the way to work or in your neighbourhood for the last 30 years.

You look older and they seem to not age, (it's probably happened to many people?),,,you ask them how they stayed looking young and they said "because I'm immortal".

What would you say or do?

Think I'd ask how old they are then ask if they would make me immortal, in return i wouldn't tell the gov or anyone for that matter.
edit on 7-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Some accident or technical (or even occult) method could turn someone into a virtually immortal being.. .why not? It isn't so impossible.. .though very improbable.

The tales are likely just tales, as everyone is uncomfortable about death, but people are pretty much immortal until they pass 35 or so, barring accidents, and someone could have that fortunate mutation that keeps growing telemeres and cleaning out the toxins and bad mutations from cells indefinitely, coupled with a ferocious immune system. Why not?

And some of the stories are somewhat interesting... and good fiction, if fiction.

And no way any strangely long lived person would talk about it... they'd likely figure that out by age 10.

But if the immortal was bad with money, then I couldn't imagine a more alienating, hellish existence ... friendless, scrabbling for food and rent for eons... yuch.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Never heard of it, but to answer the question, no, there are no 'immortals' among us.

This is purely only your opinion since there is absolutely no possible way for you to know that information, unless you had ever met one yourself, and had them reveal themselves to you, but in that case you would know that they do in fact exist.

You're right, it is my opinion, but it is one based on common sense and logic...

No, it is one based only on YOUR common sense and logic. Since you have never met an immortal, then your common sense and logic has functioned correctly, but only for you.
For someone who has met an immortal, like say, an angel, they would deduce differently, and if they knew they had truly met one, then their own logic and common sense would tell them the truth. (If they could handle the truth)

Want to hear the real kicker? For you currently, it is literally impossible for you to ever determine immortals do not exist, as long as you are alive, but the possibility does exist for you to learn they do. (But only if you met one).

I find that humorous. and I hope you do too

edit on 7-6-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
While I see no proof to indicate as such. There are several Billionaires with incentives and resources pushing for immortality . So While I don't think there are any immortals walking among us today , some leading scientist in the field feel that we could be only 20 years away from making some breakthroughs.

In addition, there are even efforts being pushed by these same Billionaires to overcome unexpected physical death such as by murder, accidents,etc by uploading their conscious to a virtual world by 2045.

Interesting times ahead, but in the meantime we have plenty of immoral people among us.

How Jellyfish, Nanobots, and Naked Mole Rats Could Make Humans Immortal
edit on 20630America/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 23:20:50 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have met two of them in a waking vision back in February of 1997 and also know they exist. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. It is totally true. No way to prove it, but it isn't necessary since it was meant only for me anyways. I have found very few people that even have the capacity to believe something like that, but some people have what it takes to understand things of that nature.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Is she demonic and running for president? Or wait you saying immortal not immoral?

But seriously you can't drop such a bomb and not say you aren't going to talk about it. Time for the grey area.

What makes you think she was immortal ?
How long has she lived?
What are some historical points she could provide?
How did it happen?
edit on 02630America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jun 2016 00:02:35 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There are many mortals, some of them you know:
Jesus, Einstein, Tesla, Leonardo da Vinci, Mozart, Beethoven, o.j. Simpson and so on... But if you ask if you can be immortal, I think probably you are mortal.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Sounds very close to this?
Chiranjivis or Nine immortals of Hindu Mythology

CHIRANJIVIS ARE PERMANENT LIVING BEINGS IN HINDUISM WHO ARE TO REMAIN ALIVE THROUGH THIS KALI YUGA UNTIL THE NEST SATYA YUGA

histence.blogspot.com...

BTW the one review and only review on amz with 1 star given by a verified purchased does not paint a pretty picture?

The Commentaries of Living Immortals :
major credibility problems:
The field of physical immortality struggles daily to free itself of cranks, wannabes and snake-oil merchants. What it needs is sound study and critical thinking, based in evidence, not the wishful thinking accounts we see in books like this.

edit on 08630America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jun 2016 00:08:15 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Oh come now... spill the story, hiding names/places as apropos!

I'd tell ya my brush with immortality...

if I had one...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'll tell you a secret here. If you can live past May of 2028 according to the Christian bible you will live for a 1000 years during the reign of the saints of Revelation. Only problem is that 2/3's of the world's population isn't going to make it. The 2020's are going to be hell on earth unfortunately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join