It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Humans are predators and kids need to be prepared for a world of predators.

There is a clear agenda at play here there is no reason to narrow a tolerance class down to single issues.

Either teach your kids to be tolerant and open minded or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

How about we just tell them to be nice to everyone without needing a REASON to be nice.

Why should we do that? It just makes them into a bunch of softies.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah, this is what we should have been telling African Americans in the South during Jim Crow laws! Don't do anything about it. Life is tough - sometimes you just have to sit at the back of the bus. Sometimes you don't get to go to the same bathroom as the whites. Sometimes, you're just gonna get lynched for being black. Deal with it.

Yeah actually i think the black community could use some of this mentality to be honest with you. I'm tired of getting blamed for everyones problems because im a strait white male.

Weather they are fighting against discrimination or not they still need to learn these principles regardless.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

How about we just tell them to be nice to everyone without needing a REASON to be nice.

Of course... swing far left.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Making classes for a minority of people instead of teaching all kids to get along (which is what they currently do) and then let them decide for themselves...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah, lynchings are a good way of keeping them in line - they just need to own up to the fact that sometimes, they deserve to be lynched. They shouldn't blame us for lynching them, especially if they deserve it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Apparently, we don't need to try to make the world a better place. We need to keep it horrible, then tell everyone to just toughen up.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Apparently, we don't need to try to make the world a better place. We need to keep it horrible, then tell everyone to just toughen up.

We have more rights in the United States than a majority of the world ever will in dozens of lifetimes.

Why are we continuing to hunt for imaginary problems?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

We have more rights in the United States than a majority of the world ever will in dozens of lifetimes.

Tell that to these people:

In its report into hate violence in 2014, the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs warned of an ongoing “crisis of deadly violence against transgender women of color”. It was the fourth year in a row that the monitoring group had highlighted disproportionate levels of severe violence.

www.theguardian.com...

In the United States, we found that children were often victimized because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth who attend public schools were relentlessly harassed and sometimes physically attacked. They were beaten, kicked, spit on, cut with knives, strangled, thrown against lockers, and dragged down flights of stairs.

www.hrw.org...

So, it's either their imagination, or it's real but we don't need to do anything about it cuz they just need to toughen up.

edit on 5-6-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Tell that to these people:

In its report into hate violence in 2014, the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs warned of an ongoing “crisis of deadly violence against transgender women of color”. It was the fourth year in a row that the monitoring group had highlighted disproportionate levels of severe violence.

www.theguardian.com...

In the United States, we found that children were often victimized because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth who attend public schools were relentlessly harassed and sometimes physically attacked. They were beaten, kicked, spit on, cut with knives, strangled, thrown against lockers, and dragged down flights of stairs.

www.hrw.org...

So, it's either their imagination, or it's real but we don't need to do anything about it cuz they just need to toughen up.

Do we know what was going on when they were killed? It just says they were killed but not by what or how? Were they proven hate crimes? Or car accidents?

Also, when it comes to being physically attacked in school, I don't know anyone that wasn't... All of those things that describe how they are being attacked...same as every other school. Also THAT is just job of the school administration and the parents to punish them.... here look at this story. It's painful to read but it kind of makes my point.

White Dietrich Football Players Rape Black Mentally Handicapped Student

There are laws that protect the mentally disabled.... did not stop these boys.

Criminals and bad people don't care about laws or "classes" or anything but themselves for that matter. Staff, in this case, has been suspended and of course these boys are in jail, 2 I believe are being tried as adults in the matter.

Humans do terrible #....but criminals obviously don't follow the laws.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Do we know what was going on when they were killed? It just says they were killed but not by what or how? Were they proven hate crimes? Or car accidents?

Yeah sure, Dumb Broad, it was car accidents.

Also, when it comes to being physically attacked in school, I don't know anyone that wasn't... All of those things that describe how they are being attacked...same as every other school. Also THAT is just job of the school administration and the parents to punish them.... here look at this story. It's painful to read but it kind of makes my point.

White Dietrich Football Players Rape Black Mentally Handicapped Student

There are laws that protect the mentally disabled.... did not stop these boys.

Criminals and bad people don't care about laws or "classes" or anything but themselves for that matter. Staff, in this case, has been suspended and of course these boys are in jail, 2 I believe are being tried as adults in the matter.

Humans do terrible #....but criminals obviously don't follow the laws.

Of course, Dumb Broad, but we have laws so victims have some kind of recourse. Without the laws, victims would have no way of getting legal retribution.

Dealing with racism or bigotry in a school curriculum won't prevent every kid from being a racist or a bigot, but if we start when they are younger, it might help to prevent a few of them - how is that a bad thing?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Sigh.

You miss the point entirely. There is not a racist or gender specific rhetoric in schools. There are already laws in place to protect them. We learn in school of all cultures and societies.

Also, why is it weird to not outwardly trust a statement such as "19 African American transgender women died this year"? I was not being rude, I was asking a genuine question. Maybe I'll research all 19 when I get home and come to my own conclusion.

We have to ask questions to get REAL answers. Sorry I don't see how the whole "read this and believe it or else" policy that seems to be going on here.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You miss the point entirely. There is not a racist or gender specific rhetoric in schools. There are already laws in place to protect them. We learn in school of all cultures and societies.

Actually, there has been race specific rhetoric in school curriculums. Didn't you learn about civil rights and Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, and the history of slavery in the U.S. when you were in school? Didn't you learn that slavery was not a good thing?

The LGBT community is part of our history too. Why exclude them?

edit on 5-6-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's.obviously.not the point of the post the point is catering to everyone's each and every insecurity is ridiculous . At some point people need to toughen up and stop expecting the world around them to bend to their insecurity and own it and this everybody wins and catering and pandering to 5 year olds instead of preparing them for a tough and highly competitive marketplace and adult world is in itself naive

No, the point of your post was that you are stronger for the abuse you apparently received in school and at home.

You then extrapolate that to make condescending comments about other people, our society, etc.

Insisting on being treated fairly and equitably under the law is not asking for special attention for insecurity. You are mischaracterizing the entire situation with what comes off as a snide and sexist (i.e. not everyone has testicles nor does that intrinsically make anyone better or braver) approach.

Teaching kids that the world is a complicated and sometimes confusing place in which they need to learn to respect others as well as stand up for themselves may seem "effeminate" to you, but to most of us, that seems like a better world than we have now.

edit on 5-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The LGBT community is part of our history too. Why exclude them?

Just a question, what ever happened to the Q in LGBT huh? It was there for awhile, and then the movement just suddenly dropped it like a bad habit??

It could not possibly be because those who identified as Queer no longer agreed with the rest of the LGBT on how far to politicize these issues? From what I read that's what it seems like. Just got booted away because they don't follow like blind sheep eh?? Maybe the Queers just want to return to the days where the rest of LGBT weren't trying to evangelize everyone's kids into confusion and militantly demanding society change the way it has operated forever.

As a society we should just go back to 'Don't ask don't tell" and be done with it. We got along better then.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

We learn about HUMAN history. Excluding someone's race history would be racist. We learn about history of all the races. So it's not exclusionary.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

You act as if there is a national convention or something that decides and sets down the rules for how gay, bi and trans folks represent themselves.

When Q is included, it usually refers to "Genderqueer" which is often included in the blanket Trans* description.

Of course, you're not really concerned about Queers or anyone else, you just wanted a seemingly reasonable platform to spout the tired, old nonsense that LGBT folks are trying to recruit kids.

I'm truly sorry that you think times were better when some Americans were treated as second-class citizens.

We're not going back to make you feel better though, may want to adjust.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Look, let's all just agree that kids are assholes, adults are assholes, not everyone agrees with everything all the time.... Forcing agendas on the youth seems to be something reminiscent of Germany's past.... Js

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No agendas are being forced on the "youths" ... humans have gender identities.

Acknowledging that fact may create a generation that isn't as steeped in utter ignorance as the current ones seem to be.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Actually, I think the Queer Reclamation is referring to radical activists who reject assimilation into "normal" society, i.e., they want to continue activities like hanging out in the bath houses and having indiscriminate sex - you know, all the stuff that gave the homosexual population a bad rep in the 70's. The LGBT community is actually getting more conservative, as they want to assimilate into normal society - have marriages, kids, stable relationships, etc.

Yeah, Don't Ask Don't Tell was stupid and made most homosexuals miserable. It may have made YOU feel better, but it didn't make them feel better. Kind of like the Jim Crow laws of the South kept blacks in their place - made the whites there feel lots better - the blacks, not so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join