It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Rioters chant "Make California Mexico Again!”, beat up Trump supporters

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

a reply to: Gryphon66

Whats your stance on borders out of curiosity? Do you believe the USA to be a sovereign nation?

I'm unsure of what my answers mean to the topic, but briefly, I'll answer: we have national borders and laws that protect them.

Yes, of course, the United States is a sovereign nation created by our Constitution.

Now, how does that have anything to do with the topic?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

Just pointing out the irony in that Latinos want parts of the US to return to Mexico, Latinos are largely supportive of the Democrat
Party, and it was a Democrat US President that took the land from them in the first place.

The statement that "Latinos want parts of the US to return to Mexico" is fairly meaningless. How many Latinos?

Latinos also support the Republican party as well as the Democratic Party.

President Polk did protect American interests and defend the US from attack. Taking the land was a tangential act.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Whats your stance on borders out of curiosity? Do you believe the USA to be a sovereign nation?

I'm unsure of what my answers mean to the topic, but briefly, I'll answer: we have national borders and laws that protect them.

Yes, of course, the United States is a sovereign nation created by our Constitution.

Now, how does that have anything to do with the topic?

Ok. I think its a pretty much undeniable fact that not all of the rioters were indeed legal citizens as we had at least one on video admitting as such. Could you name one country a group could go into illegally, wave their country of origins flag around, and attack that country's citizens during one of their political candidates rally's and it not be considered a terrorist act/ invasion?
edit on 5-6-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Could you name one country I could go into illegally, wave my country of origins flag around, and attack that country's citizens during one of their political candidates rally's and it not be considered a terrorist act/ invasion?

If you were mixed into a crowd of citizens then probably most countries if they allow their citizens to protest that way.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Could you name one country I could go into illegally, wave my country of origins flag around, and attack that country's citizens during one of their political candidates rally's and it not be considered a terrorist act/ invasion?

If you were mixed into a crowd of citizens then probably most countries if they allow their citizens to protest that way.

What civilized country allows protests where people are assaulted in front of LEO and nothing is done?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A certain level of violence is allowed to keep people focused on something other than the real people behind the real problems. Standard tactic.

Isn't Southern Cali already basically Mexico with the exception of TPB who are collecting taxes.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What civilized country allows protests where people are assaulted in front of LEO and nothing is done?

The United States of America.

Where the only thing that has been done is excuses made and blaming the victims.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes it has to do with illegals coming over the border and demanding rights and entitlements and joining forces with leftists democrats and other members of la raza and MEChA and radicals in the us who stand to gain from this and yes orobabky paid b one g soros.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Shifting goalposts?

Was nothing really done? If true, shouldn't that be a red flag that these things are staged?
edit on 5-6-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The only goal post shift here is from the LEFT WING.

Using the 'legitimate rape' argument.

Albeit not in those exact words.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The only goal post shift here is from the LEFT WING.

Clearly one question was asked and when the answer was yes a shift was made.

Using the 'legitimate rape' argument.

Albeit not in those exact words.

I'm not arguing.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

One undocumented alien? Okay. That proves very little.

Now it's a whole group that's going in illegally? But you just said there was only one ... so you're ASSUMING That there are more illegals in the crowd. Okay. Let's theorize that.

There's nothing wrong with waving the flags of other countries around inside of the US borders.

The attacks were certainly wrong and illegal. On both sides.

Terrorism is very carefully defined, legally. Invasion, even moreso. I don't think a group of people reacting to another group of people illegally constitutes terrorism though ... unless you're willing to call the Trump supporters terrorists as well?

I think that's pretty pointless on both sides.

As far as an "invasion" ... no I'm sorry, that's absurd. Did the United Mexican States sponsor these theoretical people? No evidence of that presented thus far.

Now, let me give you a different perspective on what happened.

Trump has made a series of statements intended to provoke HIspanic people in this country. I have no idea why.

The Trump campaign regularly schedules these rallies in areas that are heavily populated with deeply cultural interests, often Latino, sometimes African American.

Why is that? Surely research and scouting is done in advance? After the number of protests we've seen thus far, WHY would the Trump campaign keep doing this? Aren't they concerned AT ALL for the safety of both their supporters and the inevitable protesters???

People can be fully American and still have pride in their heritage. I myself am Irish. I fly the Irish flag on St. Patty's day, and have been known to get in drunken fights in the pub over differences in politics. Am I also a terrorist?

We need to address the violence and work to minimize it and stop it. Donald J. Trump has a part to play in that, as he remains the ONLY candidate to advocate FOR VIOLENCE from his podium.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

I don't think they're at all confused about who has done more to encourage violence. I think they want this, are thrilled by it, and enjoy being part of the echo chamber of lies and misdirection. It reminds me of schoolyard violence, how the bullies would prod and instigate until one of their targets would slip up and lose it a little bit. They'd then insist this was the only manifestation of violence, that they are the victims, ask for (and in my experience) often get the support of the "authorities."

I tend to think you're right in darker moments. I mean, look how many of these responses take the form of "This violence is horrible! We should string these f-s up! No, hangin's too good fer 'em, burn 'em!!!!" etc. etc.

The heart of the issue of political violence is frustrated authoritarianism. This is seen on the American right and the left.

What's telling is that one side denies that it's happening, that violence, in their case, is justified. This clearly shows that they have no issue with violence, they just don't like not being the one's dispensing it.

I do admit, it's in my darker moments that I ruminate on that, as well. I've probably been spending too much time on ATS. What you say here is insightful. Both the left and the right have an authoritarian streak. I think this is normal in the course of human affairs, just as within every human lies the evolutionary kernel of the reptilian brain. The point is not to root it out entirely for this is a hopeless endeavor. The point is instead to acknowledge it so that it can be known and to a degree tamed. The more the constituents of a party pretend as though their tribe is above it, the more vulnerable they are to it. I would be comforted if more Trump supporters would qualify their support, saying they don't approve of some of the disturbing aspects of the situation but that they still believe their choice is the lesser of evils.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
From another point of view, California wasn't part of Mexico for very long, only from their independence from Spain in 1821 until they lost it to the US in 1848 with the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo... so about 27 years. Prior to that, parts of California belonged to the UK, Russia, and let's not forget the Native Americans who lived here long before that.

By that line of thinking, I've lived in my home for nearly 20 years so it should be mine, outright; the current property title owner should simply turn it over to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

originally posted by: neo96

The United States of America.

Where the only thing that has been done is excuses made and blaming the victims.

The same vermin who would stab you in the back over a illegal border hopper. Make no mistake if there ever is a civil war over this issue the people defending these actions in this thread will be on the opposing side.. Im sure most of them would be waving the Mexican flag as well.

They disgust me. They would allow this country to become a third world cess pool. What do they truly want? They want no borders and they do not care who comes over into this country. They do not care if America is indeed made into Mexico.

They have no allegiance to their fellow American citizens OR immigrants who did it the right way.

My son who is 19 and in the Army reserves has to be calmed down every time he sees these videos of Americans being attacked by foreign flag wavers.

Since joining his outlook on politics and policy's has did a 360.

He spent a year in Kosovo and got back 2 months ago from the PEACE KEEPING MISSION. They actually had him protecting that country's border...Anyone who tried to cross was to be obtained and arrested.

Yet our own border is pretty much a revolving door.

My blood pressure also rises thinking about what was allowed to happen to these citizens at that rally. I didn't see anything resembling a proper thrown punch or fighting stance by any of these scum rioters. They would get laid out by anyone who knew how to throw a decent hook or jab.. They stay away from rally's where bikers or anyone who doesn't have the turn the other cheek philosophy is at. They are brave in numbers for sure, but still resort to sucker punching when the odds are 5 to 1

This would not play out the same way in the south ill assure you of that.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Regular breaks from ATS must be taken, indeed.

Here's my general political outlook: the US Constitution and the structure of the United States was intended to diffuse the "authoritarian urge" that is natural to all humans and all levels. It turned many power structures on their heads, defeating them, as no nation had in memorable history (like, preventing the power of the church from mixing with the state.)

And, we've made it over 200 years more or less on that initial genius inherent in the Constitution.

I'm not sure how much longer that will last, however.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Actually el Presidente Vincente Fox has supported mexican nationals crossing the order illegally and sending remittances home to Mwxico and even distributed pamphlets on how to cross the border without dying. Yes Mwxico sponsors it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'd like to see all the "majority" of leftists who hate Trump but are against violence police their own.

That would be interesting to see.

Right now we have Monday morning proselytizing after the fact blaming Trump and his supporters for the poor poor victims who trash property and beat people.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Actually el Presidente Vincente Fox has supported mexican nationals crossing the order illegally and sending remittances home to Mwxico and even distributed pamphlets on how to cross the border without dying. Yes Mwxico sponsors it.

You wouldn't want to offer any evidence for that, would you?

Also, crossing the border and sending money home does not amount to the armed invasion that was being suggested.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd like to see all the "majority" of leftists who hate Trump but are against violence police their own.

That would be interesting to see.

Right now we have Monday morning proselytizing after the fact blaming Trump and his supporters for the poor poor victims who trash property and beat people.

Are you going to police the Trump supporters who are violent?

If not, are you being a bit hypocritical?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join