It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Rioters chant "Make California Mexico Again!”, beat up Trump supporters

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Trump has made a series of statements intended to provoke HIspanic people in this country. I have no idea why.

No.

Trump has made a series of statements intended to protect Americans, including those who are citizens of Latin decent and those who are temporary, legal residents. If those are offended by someone wanting to protect them, they have serious issues.

The Trump campaign regularly schedules these rallies in areas that are heavily populated with deeply cultural interests.

Why is that? Surely research and scouting is done in advance? After the number of protests we've seen thus far, WHY would the Trump campaign keep doing this?

Most certainly, you are correct that research has been done.

Appealing to, and addressing those in the community that recognize the value in where they are and what it provides over that which they had where they came from, addressing those things which these people should be most fearful of.

People can be fully American and still have pride in their heritage.

As they should be, and are allowed to do... to the point of forcing Cinco de Mayo down the throats of everyone in California.

I myself am Irish. I fly the Irish flag on St. Patty's day, and have been known to get in drunken fights in the pub over differences in politics.

Congratulations. I'm also of Irish decent... and German... and Russian... and Native American. And, I've had my fair share of heated arguments from each and every point of view.

Am I also a terrorist?

If you're advocating or practicing violence
against the system with the goal of changing the system which enables you to be who you are... maybe.

We need to address the violence and work to minimize it and stop it. Donald J. Trump has a part to play in that, as he remains the ONLY candidate to advocate FOR VIOLENCE from his podium.

Where, exactly, has he advocated violence?

Deporting illegal immigrants, strengthening the borders and screening legal immigrants isn't advocating violence.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

See?

It's still Trumps fault!

How much rent are you charging him to live in your head?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

See?

It's still Trumps fault!

How much rent are you charging him to live in your head?

Did I say "it's Trump's fault"?

Nope. You gave a hypothetical. I indulged in it. Apparently you're not willing to put your "money where your mouth is" and try to keep the supporters in line, are you? LOL.

He's not in my head thank goodness. Listening to him does cause gastrointestinal distress at times ... that's why I avoid it.

So you don't believe that Mr. Trump has any responsibility for his incendiary rhetoric? He doesn't have any responsibility for inciting violence from the podium at his events? His campaign doesn't have any responsibility for their routinely choosing venues in deeply culturally-focused areas they are aware might generate conflict and violence?

Aren't you guys the party of personal responsibility??? Why does Trump and Trump's campaign and Trump's supporters all get a free pass, eh?
edit on 5-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So now it's not only Trumps fault, but my fault (as a supporter) as well?

hahahahaha

I haven't seen this much stretching since I accidently walked into a yoga class.

Try blaming Bush, it worked well with Obama.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

In rough order of your presentation:

Accusing Mexicans coming into the United States of being rapists and drug dealers is not "protecting" anyone.

I'm not sure about the word-salad in response to why the Trump campaign chooses incendiary venues means, honestly.

Have you been forced to attend Cinco de Mayo in California? We celebrate it here in Georgia too. I think most think of it as another reason to party ... but if you don't like it, don't go, jeez.

Oh good lord, you know most of us are mutts at this point. So far I also seem to have Scot, Cherokee/Creek, and probably some African in there as well.

Aww ... you took the "am I a terrorist" a bit out of context, didn't you. I've waved a foreign flag and done violence to others over politics (and had violence done to me, fair enough.) That's the context for the accusations of terrorism here. No one at the protests seriously think they're going to get California (or Texas, or whatever) back ... do you think???

And sadly, again, violence is present on both sides in these events.

Where has Trump advocated for violence???? Are you kidding??? I have to know if you're being serious ... I can provide links a plenty but I'm not going to waste time on it if that's merely a rhetorical question.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So now it's not only Trumps fault, but my fault (as a supporter) as well?

hahahahaha

I haven't seen this much stretching since I accidently walked into a yoga class.

Try blaming Bush, it worked well with Obama.

Oh. I'd hoped for better.

It's to be silly, nonsensical responses then?

Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

As long as you keep blaming Trump (and by extension, myself) for the violent acts of the thugs outside his rallies, then you cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

As long as you keep blaming Trump (and by extension, myself) for the violent acts of the thugs outside his rallies, then you cannot be taken seriously.

And as long as you keep repeating the same ridiculous, dishonest tripe, I have no reason to respond any further to you.

You asked questions, I answered. I ask questions, you keep repeating this silly mantra.

Does Trump have ZERO responsibility for the incendiary rhetoric he spouts? He wants to be PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES. That's the chief representative of ALL of the American people INCLUDING Mexican-Americans. Why would he say the dumb things he's said about Mexican people? "They're sending us rapists and drug dealers" ... are you saying he didn't say that?

Are you saying that the organizers of these events don't know that they're scheduling them in highly volatile urban areas???

Do they have ZERO responsibility for that fact???

Come on, Cowboy.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'd like to see all the "majority" of leftists who hate Trump but are against violence police their own.

That would be interesting to see.

Right now we have Monday morning proselytizing after the fact blaming Trump and his supporters for the poor poor victims who trash property and beat people.

What exactly do you mean by this? If I'm a "majority Leftist", are you asking me to attend events that I otherwise wouldn't, knowing they're likely to turn violent, in hopes that I can convince the douchebags in attendance not to do stupid things?

This has about as much sense as asking mainstream Christians to prevent those seemingly among their number from coming unhinged and blowing up abortion clinics. If one wants to play the game of burdening all moderates of a stripe with the behavior of those sharing said stripe who have evidently gone rabid, there's a lot of shame to smear around.
edit on 5-6-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Isn't it all about responsibility?

If we're going to be held responsible for Trump, then by god! you all should be held responsible for the violent thugs hurting people and destroying property!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

In rough order of your presentation:

Accusing Mexicans coming into the United States of being rapists and drug dealers is not "protecting" anyone.

He's since clarified his statement.

I'm not sure about the word-salad in response to why the Trump campaign chooses incendiary venues means, honestly.

Maybe that's the problem: none of these people really understand what's needed and how to affect it.

Have you been forced to attend Cinco de Mayo in California? We celebrate it here in Georgia too. I think most think of it as another reason to party ... but if you don't like it, don't go, jeez.

Yes, I've been forced
to participate starting from my first year in public education. You see, I grew up in Chula Vista and Riverside, California.

Cinco de Mayo was pushed on us harder than Mother's Day or Father's Day. Everyone in class was forced to participate.

Halloween, in a similar vein, was melded with "Dia de los Muertes", or "Day of the Dead", a strongly religious holiday and though not forced as such, participation was strongly suggested.

And, yes, in the beginning I thought of those as being a day to party, have sweet treats and things. Only later, by around the 6th grade, did I come to really understand their connotations.

So, today, I teach my nephew what Cinco de Mayo is... to which he has said something to the effect of "we're not in Mexico so I don't want to support it"... and I teach the evolution of Halloween, to which he's said he'd rather pass out the treats than walk the streets.

But even then, this past school year, he was forced to dawdle Mexican flags and decorate the classroom for May 5th. Halloween was mostly a non-sequitur as in they didn't allow costumes and such and only had a "Harvest Faire" with prizes and such.

Oh good lord, you know most of us are mutts at this point. So far I also seem to have Scot, Cherokee/Creek, and probably some African in there as well.

Aww ... you took the "am I a terrorist" a bit out of context, didn't you. I've waved a foreign flag and done violence to others over politics (and had violence done to me, fair enough.) That's the context for the accusations of terrorism here. No one at the protests seriously think they're going to get California (or Texas, or whatever) back ... do you think???

And sadly, again, violence is present on both sides in these events.

Where has Trump advocated for violence???? Are you kidding??? I have to know if you're being serious ... I can provide links a plenty but I'm not going to waste time on it if that's merely a rhetorical question.

If you have to ask if I'm serious, don't bother with me any longer.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Isn't it all about responsibility?

If we're going to be held responsible for Trump, then by god! you all should be held responsible for the violent thugs hurting people and destroying property!

What do you mean "going to be held responsible for Trump", exactly? You're just a person with views somewhat divergent from mine. I don't care much for Trump, but it is what it is. I don't feel the need to assign "responsibility" to someone for Trump's rise except, perhaps, to Trump.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

"Clarified his statement"?

Yes, when he clarified he chose to call Mexican people "killers" as well. Sure, that makes it all better.

I didn't understand your statement because it seemed nonsensical. THat's between you and me. Care to enlighten me?

You were forced to participate in school events celebrating Cinco de Mayo? That seems unusual. Did you express any sort of reason why you didn't want to participate? What was the nature of the celebrations? Most students enjoy a break from the routines ..

What was the ratio of Latino-American students at your school? Is there some reason they should not be able to celebrate their cultural traditions alongside their American ones? I'm really confused. Did you feel this way as a kid?

I'm sorry, what's the problem with Cinco de Mayo? What's the problem with a multicultural Halloween? (You know that's a basically made up American holiday-cultural phenomenon of the 20th century, right?)

As far as "not messing with you" ... I'll do a bit of Google work for you, sure.

A Continually Growing List of Violence at Trump Events - Slate

Mas hup of Trump Praising Violence at His Rallies - CNN (video)

Trump's History of Encouraging Violence - New York Times (video)

If you need more after that, Google it.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Is "Inciting a Riot" still the Penal Code?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: syrinx high priest

No he's not responsible for the violence....

You don't agree so you assault people and refuse to take any responsibiliy

Those people assaulting Trump's supporters are passive-aggressive. They are directing their anger for Trump in another direction.

And they're racists.

It proves and justifies Trumps comments about building a wall.

And their tactics could backfire at the polling stations. I have gone from favoring Trump to favoring a former secretary of State with more experience in high level politics because of his actions in New York City, questionable business practices. But after seeing their behavior in assaulting white people I may still vote for Trump regardless of his questionable business practices.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Miracula2 because: added few sentences

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: syrinx high priest

No he's not responsible for the violence....

You don't agree so you assault people and refuse to take any responsibiliy

Those people assaulting Trump's supporters are passive-aggressive. They are directing their anger for Trump in another direction.

And they're racists.

It proves and justifies Trumps comments about building a wall.

And their tactics could backfire at the polling stations. I have gone from favoring Trump to favoring a former secretary of State with more experience in high level politics because of his actions in New York City, questionable business practices. But after seeing their behavior in assaulting white people I may still vote for Trump regardless of his questionable business practices.

Yep!!

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately… You call the city, 4 different exterminators but nobody could handle the job… But there is this one guy and he guarantees you to get rid of them, so you hire him.

You don't care if the guy smells, you don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has plumber's crack...you simply want those raccoons gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best. Period!

Here’s why we want Trump, yes he's a bit of an ass, yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. The country is a mess because politicians suck, llegals are everywhere. We want it all fixed!

We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he insults people, we don't care that he had been friendly with Hillary, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he's been married 3 times, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell, we don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist.

This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegal's, we are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in; "AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED" and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want. We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, Republican Party, and sick of illegals. We just want this thing fixed.

Trump may not be a saint, but doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also not a politician, he's not a cowardly politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

edit on 5-6-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Awesome statement of your beliefs. Kudos for that.

Does it ever occur to you to ask yourself "how?"

How is Trump going to solve all those problems for you?

By what specific methods, what actions, will he reverse the course of history and "make America great again"?

Great like when? 1950? 1850? 1776? When are we going back to?

And how is he going to do it? How can you have such blind faith in any single man???

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Probably those thousands of people who couldn't get into his rented buildings for his speeches were most likely people who were protesters who couldn't get in.

The protesters do these rallies on their own free will. Trump has nothing to do with these protesters being violent. But something smells Democrats about these protests.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"Clarified his statement"?

Yes, when he clarified he chose to call Mexican people "killers" as well. Sure, that makes it all better.

Proof?

I didn't understand your statement because it seemed nonsensical. THat's between you and me. Care to enlighten me?

You were forced to participate in school events celebrating Cinco de Mayo? That seems unusual. Did you express any sort of reason why you didn't want to participate? What was the nature of the celebrations? Most students enjoy a break from the routines ..

What was the ratio of Latino-American students at your school? Is there some reason they should not be able to celebrate their cultural traditions alongside their American ones? I'm really confused. Did you feel this way as a kid?

Classroom demographics shouldn't have been, nor should it be an issue. At the basic levels, school should be for educating students with regards to mathematics, language arts, creativity and world history, as well as the political system in place where the student lives. As the student progresses to higher levels, more emphasis, certainly, should be given to cultural differences and how those are incorporated into society.

I'm sorry, what's the problem with Cinco de Mayo? What's the problem with a multicultural Halloween? (You know that's a basically made up American holiday-cultural phenomenon of the 20th century, right?)

Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican thing and has no purpose in US schools. Family heritage and culture should be left to the family.

Halloween by itself is by no means an American thing, though the tradition has been permutated into something grossly unrelated to its origins. We could have fun here since one of my school projects was related to this and its evolution, but I will not entertain that idea at all.

As far as "not messing with you" ... I'll do a bit of Google work for you, sure.

A Continually Growing List of Violence at Trump Events - Slate

Mas hup of Trump Praising Violence at His Rallies - CNN (video)

Trump's History of Encouraging Violence - New York Times (video)

If you need more after that, Google it.

No time for videos.

Synopses of the videos with critiques and such would've bought you a few more points though.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Fact remains there's still not a single video showing Trump supporters at Bernie or Hillary events protesting outside, stalking their supporters, sucker punching them, egging them, jumping on their cars and busting tail lights, throwing rocks, throwing bottles, punching horses, harassing men and woman alike, surrounding individuals in groups and threatening them, chasing them down side streets and really, burning American flags, making Bernie/Hillary supporters feel anywhere as uncomfortable and fearful of their safety as we see at Trump events with his supporters.

There is video of a handful of Trump supporters turning violent yet all those are inside Trump rallies and responding to Bernie/Hillary supporters who came into their event and disrupted it, on private property. I don't condone that violence but a) the circumstances are quite different and b) the number of them pales in comparison to what's happening now outside Trump rallies where his supporters are being hunted.
edit on 5-6-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join