It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your taking this off the topic. Yes...that is what I believe of the left but we were talking about transgender people and the bathroom thing...again. I'm offering a fair and equal solution.

You are offering what makes you comfortable.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Your taking this off the topic. Yes...that is what I believe of the left but we were talking about transgender people and the bathroom thing...again. I'm offering a fair and equal solution.

I'm taking it off topic? I quoted you.

You are not offering a fair solution. In the United States, separate facilities are not equal.

Wrong! They ARE separate facilities already. Male and female. If we are dealing with a gender issue, a sex issue...then fair would be a third bathroom. If we were talking about a water fountain, a bus or a restaurant...you are correct. A bathroom is different because it is already separated.
edit on 6/4/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Great

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Gryphon66...same to you. I'm offering a solution that is fair and equal and satisfies the wants and needs of both sides. Why won't Annee (or anyone supporting the trans) accept it?

I say it is because it isn't about fair and equal, it is about forced acceptance.

And as I've stated:

Fair Housing, Civil Rights, Disability Act, Women Voting, Women's Rights - - ALL had to be forced.

ALL were right to be forced.
All due respect the suffragettes of yesterday are not the same as activists today. The communist party has co opted so many minority groups it's all about creating disturbance in society and a voting bloc for the democrats.
Interestingly, the icon of the feminist movement Betty Friedan was a communist and worked for communist ideals
and she helped co opt the entire feminist movement into progressive Marxist ideals. Margaret Sanger was also a progressive and a racist so and so and she created planned parenthood along with help from
The rockefellers to sterilize blacks under the guise of helping women not be stuck in
Childbearing.
edit on 4-6-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

You can't even admit it then? From your reply I can only assume then that you are admitting that you aren't seeking fair and equal...and that you are seeking to force the trans opinions, views and/or beliefs upon others. That isn't the way to seek a solution. That is the way to either start a fight...or discriminate against others. I would personally call that bordering evil. Like the bully that makes the kid he just beat up eat dirt.

Not very nice.

Forcing Equality. Yes.

As per the Constitution.

The subject matter is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And what would make trans people more comfortable. No one looking at them weird like they don't belong, etc. You are arguing because you don't want to admit the truth...in my opinion. Why not make it comfortable for everyone? Not the agenda?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

My opinion that their differences is in the mind is a fact. It isn't a physical difference...it has to therefore be in the mind. Argue if you wish, but those are scientific facts. The only problem I have is when any group demands special rights. If the trans want a new bathroom for them...I would support that 100%!!!!! HEAR THAT...100%. But that isn't what they want...they want OUR bathroom and won't be happy until they can take it. That mentality is where I have a problem.

Respond to THAT dear.

It isn't just YOUR bathroom. That is the discriminatory mentality I'm talking about. It's just as much their bathroom as it is yours.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Gryphon66...same to you. I'm offering a solution that is fair and equal and satisfies the wants and needs of both sides. Why won't Annee (or anyone supporting the trans) accept it?

I say it is because it isn't about fair and equal, it is about forced acceptance.

And as I've stated:

Fair Housing, Civil Rights, Disability Act, Women Voting, Women's Rights - - ALL had to be forced.

All due respect the suffragettes of yesterday are not the same as activists today. The communist party has co opted so many minority groups it's all about creating disturbance in society and a voting bloc for the democrats.

Your Communist fear is yours. If anything, I'd say the Christian Right is responsible for division.

Betty Friedan & Margaret Sanger

The two "fall backs".

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm taking it off topic? I quoted you.

You are not offering a fair solution. In the United States, separate facilities are not equal.

Wrong! They ARE separate facilities already. Male and female. If we are dealing with a gender issue, a sex issue...then fair would be a third bathroom. If we were talking about a water fountain, a bus or a restaurant...you are correct. A bathroom is different because it is already separated.

So if I am a Man, I go in the Male facility and if I am a Woman I go in the Female facility?

I have no problem with that. Trans* Men can use the Males' and Trans* Women can use the Females.

No need for yet another facility.

(Unless all public facilities are made private, which I am more than in favor of.)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I give up. No point in arguing with anyone who isn't willing to compromise. You have proven to me that forced acceptance...as I believed is the agenda. Well...you have chosen unwisely. Not only have you picked a fight with people who disagree with you and stated that there can be no compromise...you have decided that instead of ending this with people tolerant of one another...you would rather have whomever loses become an enemy and hateful of the other.

That was your choice, not mine. And I think those who think like that will in the end...regret their belligerent choice.

link   

And as I've stated:

Your Communist fear is yours. If anything, I'd say the Christian Right is responsible for division.

The two "fall backs".

Do you feel sometimes like you've travelled to an alternate universe where we're suddenly back in the 1950s?

I do.

link   

And what would make trans people more comfortable. No one looking at them weird like they don't belong, etc. You are arguing because you don't want to admit the truth...in my opinion. Why not make it comfortable for everyone? Not the agenda?

Equal Rights is Equal Rights - - - not what makes you comfortable.

Transgenders just want to pee where they Gender Identify.

Those little m/f transgender girls do not need to be discriminated against by forcing them to Out Themselves by using a "special" transgender restroom. They have enough to deal with.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I give up. No point in arguing with anyone who isn't willing to compromise. You have proven to me that forced acceptance...as I believed is the agenda. Well...you have chosen unwisely. Not only have you picked a fight with people who disagree with you and stated that there can be no compromise...you have decided that instead of ending this with people tolerant of one another...you would rather have whomever loses become an enemy and hateful of the other.

That was your choice, not mine. And I think those who think like that will in the end...regret their belligerent choice.

I couldn't agree more. Noxious facist laws like North Carolina's NB2 will be overturned, and the trend toward acceptance of equal rights for all will continue to grow.

It only takes a little time.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I would agree with that. Those that are biologically male use the room always intended for biological males and visa-versa. They way the rooms were meant and intended to be used. Yes...I could do that. But I was willing to offer a third option to assure the peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And as I've stated:

The two "fall backs".

Do you feel sometimes like you've travelled to an alternate universe where we're suddenly back in the 1950s?

I do.

LOL - - I was there in the 1950s.

I've first hand watched the evolution of Equal Rights. And the struggle of the Christian Right to hold on to power.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

This is the new world and these girls are going to have to learn to live in it.

No mention of any frightening behaviors or gestures, they were only frightened of the appearance.

You can have your own opinion and that's fine, but no, girls don't have to live with whatever new rule the far left wants to impose on everyone. Transgender men don't have to make any frightening gestures for women to be frightened of them.

Let me ask you this, the transgender population make up about 0.3% of the entire population in the United States.

Do you have any idea how many women have been raped?... Nearly 1 in 5 women have been raped.
www.nytimes.com...

Do you have any idea how many women exist in the United States?

Female persons, percent, July 1, 2014, (V2014) 50.8%

www.census.gov...

The population estimate in total.

Population estimates, July 1, 2015, (V2015) 321,418,820

www.census.gov...

That means about 163,280,761 people in the United States are women (actually they are about 50.8% of the population so it's over 163 million people in the United States are women.

Out of those 163 million plus women nearly 1 in 5 have been raped, and that's not counting other types of sexual violence including beatings, stalkings, attempted rapes, and a combination of all of them. If we were to add that up nearly 1 in 3 women have been victims of some form of sexual assault.

But you are claiming those women should simply "accept the new norm imposed by the far left government"?... Simply to "supposedly give rights to 0.3% of the population of the U.S.?...

What about the rights of the 1.3 million women who yearly get raped in the United States?... They don't count huh? They shouldn't feel safe going to the women's restroom, and women's locker rooms?

edit on 4-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I would agree with that. Those that are biologically male use the room always intended for biological males and visa-versa. They way the rooms were meant and intended to be used. Yes...I could do that. But I was willing to offer a third option to assure the peace.

You're misstating what I said, and you know it.

The State has no place in our underpants.

It doesn't matter what "you" are willing to offer (aside from the obvious display of obvious authoritarian urges).

The laws of the United States, and particularly the Constitution, will prevail ... just as they did with marriage equality.

link   

I agree the "law" should be overturned! But I also believe Obama's attempt at making a "law" (which he legally can't do) be abolished also. This is a fight that never needed to happen. If we can close Pandora's box...I'm all for it. If not...and in the case of bathrooms...it has to do with biology. Not gender identification or a whim.

link   
You are right, the agenda is to force acceptance of something which has been more or less an anomaly because that is what cultural Marxism is about. In doing so they have no problem forcing little girls ton accept having large men with "bits" in the restroom with them. The ends justify the means which is forcing totalitarianism and govt solutions it's the kollective it's liberal fascism.

link   

And as I've stated:

The two "fall backs".

I do.

LOL - - I was there in the 1950s.

I've first hand watched the evolution of Equal Rights. And the struggle of the Christian Right to hold on to power.

I know you were. The same arguments were made then.

It's chilling.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join