It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Why? It is the perfect example of one group demanding another group be forced to accept them instead of making equal accommodations for them.

Again with the "Separate, but Equal". It's been done, unsuccessfully. It's discrimination.

The only group forcing the issue via lawsuits is - - the Religious Right.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Why? It is the perfect example of one group demanding another group be forced to accept them instead of making equal accommodations for them. You just watch...the transgendered don't want their own bathroom and therefore...equality. They want to force others to accept them into theirs. Sorry...acceptance is not a right and not being willing to accept someone isn't a crime.

It's a thought crime! Think like them or you're a racist. And always be ready to update your manual. Don't forget Obama the "champion" of all these gays and transgendered issues was anti gay marriage as late as 2010. Then within a year or 2 of him changing his mind we were bagging on Russia for being bigots and not giving gays the right to marriage. It has all gotten so crazy and I dunno if the left was just waiting for this or if they are just caught up in the tide/avalanche/movement.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Why? It is the perfect example of one group demanding another group be forced to accept them instead of making equal accommodations for them.

Again with the "Separate, but Equal". It's been done, unsuccessfully. It's discrimination.

Really? Bathrooms are already separate therefore if there is a "new" gender/sex/whatever a separate bathroom...a third bathroom is equality. But again...you're not looking for equality. Just frickin admit it. You want to force others acceptance by taking a privacy from them. You don't want equality...you want special treatment.

You're smart enough to know and admit that...the other one isn't. And shame on you if you are going to lie and pretend the trans community wants anything less than acceptance instead of equality.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

The typical left tactic is to pretend they "feel your pain" to get your votes. Then they ignore your group and let you fall away. Look at black and Hispanics. The left is their champion...until it isn't election time when they forget all about them. Look at the numbers. Obama's reign has hurt blacks more than anyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Will you respond on whether 6 year old kids should have to hang out in locker rooms with 45 year old transgendered men and the cops and school can't do anything about it?
Parents' outrage as transgendered woman is permitted to use the women's locker room 'exposing himself to little girls'

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

Here I'll link you some of it so you don't have to go there if that is too hard.

"'[A mother] reported her daughter was upset because she observed a person at the women's locker room naked and displaying male genitalia,' a police report filed by a 17-year-old's mother in September read.

A second report filed by an outside swim coach stated having ‘observed Colleen sitting with her legs open with her male genitalia showing’ in the sauna before telling her she had to leave and calling police."

Is that or is that not ok if you just give me a yes or no answer I promise to be nicer Annee.
edit on 4-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

Does that 45 year old man have the right to flash his hairy wrinkly old man balls at 6 year olds? Because if you say yes, you are putting his right to be disturbing over the kids right not to have to see that. That is putting something on a pedestal.
]

I'd need to research myself to find out all the facts. Something I normally do on any story.

But, from this story, no I do not agree with the decision.

I personally think America is way too puritan about the naked body. I don't have an issue with body parts.

But, in this case - - - it seems too intentional, extremist, and its flat out rude. I wouldn't support a woman overtly flaunting herself on display either.

Manners and Decorum. Which I believe most people would adhere to.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Does that 45 year old man have the right to flash his hairy wrinkly old man balls at 6 year olds? Because if you say yes, you are putting his right to be disturbing over the kids right not to have to see that. That is putting something on a pedestal.
]

I'd need to research myself to find out all the facts. Something I normally do on any story.

I personally think America is way too puritan about the naked body. I don't have an issue with body parts.

But, in this case - - - it seems too intentional, extremist, and its flat out rude. I wouldn't support a woman flaunting herself on display either.

Manners and Decorum.

Thanks mmmm common ground and decency and manners.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: gladtobehere

This is the new world and these girls are going to have to learn to live in it.

No mention of any frightening behaviors or gestures, they were only frightened of the appearance.

The mother didn't know how to handle it? How about telling the truth? Children are vastly more adaptable than we give them credit for. And if they are terrified? It's because the mother is.

Translation: SCREW THE CHILDREN! They better learn to live with our demands or we will come down on them like a hammer, call them homophones, bigot or whatever we must. And you...the bitch calling yourself a "Mother"...you better start backing us up whether you agree with our views or not. You and your views, opinions and even your rights don't matter. Only WE are important and WE demand special treatment no matter who it hurts. Yes...no matter who it hurts.

I knew that any grown ups that disagreed with them didn't have any rights of freedoms. But how they can put transgenders on a pedestal over our children, our very future? I don't get it. Does not sound like what Dawkins called an, "Evolutionary Stable Survival Strategy" I believe.

What about "our children" who happen to be Trans*?

And good gravy, you think that controlling where someone pees is threatening "our very future"?

Some would call that fairly rank exaggeration.

... and you still obviously haven't read the Daily Mail article you keep touting.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Come on Annee...I'm offering an olive branch. I would NEVER want trans people to use a different water fountain, sit in the back of the bus, go to a different school, etc. But bathrooms are separate already. If you want to be fair, you know that is the case. I'll back separate trans bathrooms completely if you will join me.

But I don't think you will. I don't think that is your agenda. But feel free to prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

]

But, in this case - - - it seems too intentional, extremist, and its flat out rude. I wouldn't support a woman overtly flaunting herself on display either.

The referenced Daily Mail article, of course, does not claim that anyone, including the target here, has done anything untoward or wrong.

Merely that "it might happen" ... every verse same as the first.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

]

But, in this case - - - it seems too intentional, extremist, and its flat out rude. I wouldn't support a woman flaunting herself on display either.

Manners and Decorum.

Thanks mmmm common ground and decency and manners.

There will always be exceptions.

Does not change my mind on Equal Rights.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Gryphon66...same to you. I'm offering a solution that is fair and equal and satisfies the wants and needs of both sides. Why won't Annee (or anyone supporting the trans) accept it?

I say it is because it isn't about fair and equal, it is about forced acceptance.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

]

The referenced Daily Mail article, of course, does not claim that anyone, including the target here, has done anything untoward or wrong.

Merely that "it might happen" ... every verse same as the first.

Thanks.

There will always be exceptions.

There will always be that "One Bad Apple" - - like the straight guys forcing themselves into the women's locker room to make a point.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I find it sadly typical that this is the second time you've supposedly "offered an olive branch" only to proceed to make the same partisan claims you always do ...

Where you talking about yourself here? Are you now "on the Left"?

The typical left tactic is to pretend they "feel your pain" to get your votes.

I know you're not technically seeking votes, but it's really darkly hilarious that you keep claiming to "offer peace."

Or is this just blatant hypocrisy on display?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Gryphon66...same to you. I'm offering a solution that is fair and equal and satisfies the wants and needs of both sides. Why won't Annee (or anyone supporting the trans) accept it?

I say it is because it isn't about fair and equal, it is about forced acceptance.

Separate is still not equal.

It's not up to the State to patrol our genitals. Period.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And as I've stated:

Fair Housing, Civil Rights, Disability Act, Women Voting, Women's Rights - - ALL had to be forced.

ALL were right to be forced.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your taking this off the topic. Yes...that is what I believe of the left but we were talking about transgender people and the bathroom thing...again. I'm offering a fair and equal solution.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The typical left tactic is to pretend they "feel your pain" to get your votes. Then they ignore your group and let you fall away. Look at black and Hispanics. The left is their champion...until it isn't election time when they forget all about them. Look at the numbers. Obama's reign has hurt blacks more than anyone.
. I have to agree and they created even more racial divide in the process. There's more racial tensions now than I ever remember my whole life.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Your taking this off the topic. Yes...that is what I believe of the left but we were talking about transgender people and the bathroom thing...again. I'm offering a fair and equal solution.

I'm taking it off topic? I quoted you.

You are not offering a fair solution. In the United States, separate facilities are not equal.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You can't even admit it then? From your reply I can only assume then that you are admitting that you aren't seeking fair and equal...and that you are seeking to force the trans opinions, views and/or beliefs upon others. That isn't the way to seek a solution. That is the way to either start a fight...or discriminate against others. I would personally call that bordering evil. Like the bully that makes the kid he just beat up eat dirt.

Not very nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join