It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

A THIRD bathroom? So you want to force transgender men and women into the same space? How about some more bathrooms for gay and lesbian people too and maybe we could go back to making those damned colored people not use the white bathrooms as well while we're at it?

Yeah, let's OUT all transgenders by monitoring their "special" restroom.

Reminds me of an incident in Arizona. An LGBT bar opened. It was discovered a group of "self-righteous do-gooders" drove through the parking lot taking down license plates so they could out them to the military.

I've asked nicely once...please don't speak to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes it is. The privacy and comfort of having a place to defecate, shower and be possibly partially nude with only the same sex around is being taken away. Something that has been an expected standard in America for such a long time would be taken away. Mothers will have to find "other ways" if they can't accept sharing a bathroom...or their daughters sharing a bathroom with a biological male.

If you don't see that...there is no point in continuing.

This is what it's about cristinalaila.blogspot.com...

No, it's not being taken away. Everyone deserves privacy. Not just those you approve of.

45% of Americans do not care about the hubbub over who pees where. That number will only increase as ridiculous propaganda as is seen here is dismissed for what it is.

Much ado about nothing.

How the hell did you get something just for those I approve of???? I am trying to find a solution for everyone involved. Something acceptable and fair. A third bathroom DOES provide privacy for trans people as would them following the rules and using the room of their biological sex.

Your commentary here is defined by what you approve and disapprove of.

The solution for everyone invovled is to let people use the appropriate facilities, and keep the government's hands and noses out of our underwear.

You don't seem to understand why "separate but equal" has been dismissed in American law. I can't help you there.

Hey hey, you got a star for merely quoting my post ...

Isn't that funny?

(Did you have something to actually say about it?)
Yah it's funny in that some people apparently like my stance even without being specific or they are people who prefer your stance. One way or the other I fixed it because I had embedded a link in the wrong place but please do check out my link

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I believe that Freija is referring to the common way that Blacks were referred to in the time period when the nonsensical "separate but equal" some are advocating for was in vogue.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

A THIRD bathroom? So you want to force transgender men and women into the same space? How about some more bathrooms for gay and lesbian people too and maybe we could go back to making those damned colored people not use the white bathrooms as well while we're at it?

Naaaa...it is only about biological sex. Let not get crazy here.
Amazing these ppl want to force women and girls to accept males w bits into their sanctuary then have the gall to complain about putting male and female transgendered together. It's all progressive hogwash.

Public bathrooms are not your private Sanctuary. You want a private Sanctuary, stay home.

Public bathrooms are to prevent a health hazard that would be caused by human waste.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes it is. The privacy and comfort of having a place to defecate, shower and be possibly partially nude with only the same sex around is being taken away. Something that has been an expected standard in America for such a long time would be taken away. Mothers will have to find "other ways" if they can't accept sharing a bathroom...or their daughters sharing a bathroom with a biological male.

If you don't see that...there is no point in continuing.

This is what it's about cristinalaila.blogspot.com...

No, it's not being taken away. Everyone deserves privacy. Not just those you approve of.

45% of Americans do not care about the hubbub over who pees where. That number will only increase as ridiculous propaganda as is seen here is dismissed for what it is.

Much ado about nothing.

How the hell did you get something just for those I approve of???? I am trying to find a solution for everyone involved. Something acceptable and fair. A third bathroom DOES provide privacy for trans people as would them following the rules and using the room of their biological sex.

Your commentary here is defined by what you approve and disapprove of.

The solution for everyone invovled is to let people use the appropriate facilities, and keep the government's hands and noses out of our underwear.

You don't seem to understand why "separate but equal" has been dismissed in American law. I can't help you there.

Hey hey, you got a star for merely quoting my post ...

Isn't that funny?

(Did you have something to actually say about it?)
Yah it's funny in that some people apparently like my stance even without being specific or they are people who prefer your stance. One way or the other I fixed it because I had embedded a link in the wrong place but please do check out my link

I know stars are really important to you ThirdEye.

I prefer the facts.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yeah, let's OUT all transgenders by monitoring their "special" restroom.

Reminds me of an incident in Arizona. An LGBT bar opened. It was discovered a group of "self-righteous do-gooders" drove through the parking lot taking down license plates so they could out them to the military.

I've asked nicely once...please don't speak to me.

Please don't respond.

Scrolling is your friend.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yup...biological. And with any luck and a non-liberal president, the right things will be done. Gay marriage...I was all for it. It has nothing to do with me and only those deciding to get married. That is their choice. They decide to live with, marry and have sex with a person of their choosing that feels the same. That is NOT what a man walking around in a woman's shower is...that is an invasion of privacy and has always been criminal. You're implication is that taking away the choice of others is somehow the equivalent of gay marriage. You couldn't be more wrong. It is about choice on one hand, and forcing your agenda on the other. Almost like consensual sex vs. rape.

Nope, no reason for the government to be checking our privates. Period.

Is a non-liberal President going to do away with the Constitution?

No men are going to be walking around in a woman's shower.

My implication was that it took time for Americans to realize that it was wrong to discriminate against people because of their sexual orientation, and the same thing will happen with gender identity.

The only agenda being forced here is trying to get the government involved in concerns that the government has no place in.

I think you are wrong. There will not be a time that a male walking around in the women's shower will be acceptable. Not here in the USA and not during my lifetime (about 30 more years). While gay, lesbian and trans deserve the same rights as everyone else, invasion of the other sexes public bathroom won't be one of them. It is one thing to "allow" people to get married, have a job, etc...it is quite another thing when you take something away from others.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I believe that Freija is referring to the common way that Blacks were referred to in the time period when the nonsensical "separate but equal" some are advocating for was in vogue.

You may believe that...maybe I took it differently. Maybe I read her words and thought she was being racist. I'm trying to champion fairness, equality and tolerance...she is using racial slurs. I may not appreciate that. Unless you don't think I'm allowed to have an opinion about it also?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Unless some wiccan, or satanist is going to do some religious ritual in the restroom other women are not going to say anything about women from other religions being in there...

You are hence making a red herring. Those are women using the woman's restroom. Not men using the women's restroom...

First, I don't believe you speak for all women.

I am making a simple point.

Women don't get to arbitrarily decide which women have the right to share a public facility with them based their arbitrary preferences.

The right to privacy is well-established in American law. That means the state has no right to check out a woman's (or a Trans* woman's genitals).

Period.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You may believe that...maybe I took it differently. Maybe I read her words and thought she was being racist. I'm trying to champion fairness, equality and tolerance...she is using racial slurs. I may not appreciate that. Unless you don't think I'm allowed to have an opinion about it also?

I've seen you use the term "snowflake" before, which I've recently learned is a racist term against Whites.

Will you therefore be ceasing to use that term?

Maybe you did think someone was being racist, counter to everything that person has ever written here at ATS.

I don't appreciate your continual false equivalence that Trans* women are actually men.

So, I'm sure, since you're (now) so concerned with tolerance, you'll oblige me, right?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If a "trans woman's" genitals aren't those of a woman...then any real woman has the right in a room designated for women. You just don't seem to get it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

PS: Calling black people "colored" isn't very nice.

Tell that to the NAACP!

I was simply using an antiquated term to point out antiquated thinking. I thought about using the N-word to make it more clear for you. The PC term "person of color" is inclusive of any non-Caucasian race and what I normally use when not trying to make a point. I was making a point.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yup...biological. And with any luck and a non-liberal president, the right things will be done. Gay marriage...I was all for it. It has nothing to do with me and only those deciding to get married. That is their choice. They decide to live with, marry and have sex with a person of their choosing that feels the same. That is NOT what a man walking around in a woman's shower is...that is an invasion of privacy and has always been criminal. You're implication is that taking away the choice of others is somehow the equivalent of gay marriage. You couldn't be more wrong. It is about choice on one hand, and forcing your agenda on the other. Almost like consensual sex vs. rape.

Nope, no reason for the government to be checking our privates. Period.

Is a non-liberal President going to do away with the Constitution?

No men are going to be walking around in a woman's shower.

My implication was that it took time for Americans to realize that it was wrong to discriminate against people because of their sexual orientation, and the same thing will happen with gender identity.

The only agenda being forced here is trying to get the government involved in concerns that the government has no place in.

I think you are wrong. There will not be a time that a male walking around in the women's shower will be acceptable. Not here in the USA and not during my lifetime (about 30 more years). While gay, lesbian and trans deserve the same rights as everyone else, invasion of the other sexes public bathroom won't be one of them. It is one thing to "allow" people to get married, have a job, etc...it is quite another thing when you take something away from others.

Perhaps when the ridiculous "men waving their private parts around" ceases to be equated with Trans* rights we can all focus on the more trying issues in our lives.

45% are already tired of the false equivalency. That will grow.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I've seen you use the term "snowflake" before, which I've recently learned is a racist term against Whites.

Maybe you did think someone was being racist, counter to everything that person has ever written here at ATS.

I don't appreciate your continual false equivalence that Trans* women are actually men.

So, I'm sure, since you're (now) so concerned with tolerance, you'll oblige me, right?

But when it is a fact that what you call "trans women" are absolutely not of the male sex, then you can be as insulted as you wish. Facts are amazing things. There is only one answer. Now...if you would like to quote a medical Doctor stating that a person can change their biological sex...please feel free.

I challenge you!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Tell that to the NAACP!

I was simply using an antiquated term to point out antiquated thinking. I thought about using the N-word to make it more clear for you. The PC term "person of color" is inclusive of any non-Caucasian race and what I normally use when not trying to make a point. I was making a point.

You failed.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If a "trans woman's" genitals aren't those of a woman...then any real woman has the right in a room designated for women. You just don't seem to get it.

You don't seem to get that the State doesn't have a right to inspect genitals.

I'm not sure why folks are so obsessed with other peoples parts in the public facilities.

I go in, do my business, and leave.

I think that's what 99% of Americans do.

For some reason, the Right has become obsessed with other people's parts. I'm hoping they go back to minding their own business soon.

I'm sure Fox will send a new cause celebre down the tube any day now ... it's almost time for the "War on Christmas" again.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Tell that to the NAACP!

You failed.

She succeeded, admirably.

Note my previous post.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Worth saying twice.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You don't seem to get that the State doesn't have a right to inspect genitals.

I'm not sure why folks are so obsessed with other peoples parts in the public facilities.

I go in, do my business, and leave.

I think that's what 99% of Americans do.

For some reason, the Right has become obsessed with other people's parts. I'm hoping they go back to minding their own business soon.

I'm sure Fox will send a new cause celebre down the tube any day now ... it's almost time for the "War on Christmas" again.

Of course no one is, or should be checking. But in the event someone is suspect of it and calls a police officer to report a disguised male in the women's room staring at their daughter...there will likely be some inspection. Unless you think that should just be ignored when (not if) a male pervert decides to dress as a woman and cop a look at some underage girl. Unless you think that should be ignored...someone is going to inspect someones genitals.

You see. What you think is no big deal becomes a much larger problem. You have to keep pedophiles from doing that...don't you? And if so...someone will eventually inspect someone's genitals. And I can only assume that in that case, you would agree and want the pervert locked up...right?

Or are you so set on this agenda that we are just going to ignore child molesters too.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

But when it is a fact that what you call "trans women" are absolutely not of the male sex, then you can be as insulted as you wish. Facts are amazing things. There is only one answer. Now...if you would like to quote a medical Doctor stating that a person can change their biological sex...please feel free.

I challenge you!

I do not own the term Trans* women.

So, your feigned concern over discriminatory language was false?

I had hoped for better.

As a matter of fact I can answer you last request: AMA Calls for Modernizing Birth Certificate Policies

The AMA rejected "gender affirmation surgery" as the guiding requirement for changing birth certificates as inconsistent with current medical standards. The new AMA policy also supports that any change of sex determination on an individual's birth certificate must not hinder access to medically appropriate preventive care. Medical options for transgender people include a medically appropriate combination of mental health care, social transition, hormone therapy, in addition to the option of sex reassignment surgery

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join