It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Law Firm Behind Trump University Lawsuit Gave Big Money to the Clintons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why are people whining about Trump Uni anyways ?

Last 8 years student loans have skyrocketed to over 1 trillion+plus.

and how many of those graduates have gotten jobs ?

And the part I love the most is how if students fail to repay those loans they STATE garnishs SS.

But by all means Keep whining about TU.

The defeaning silence about STATE ran education speaks loud and clear.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The more I read about TrumpU the worse it is.

They preyed on the elderly high pressuring them to max out their credit cards and cash out their 401ks to pay for lifetime memberships to nothing.

That's worse than a used car salesman.

Doesn't hold a candle to social security now does it?

I am not following your train of thought with that comment, but I am sure you can explain in some Glenn Beck fashion as well as tie in guns somewhere with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The range is because BBB ratings only stick for something like 3 years. Once Trump University closed, it continued to operate but not bring in any new customers, that allowed the rating to climb back up to A+ over time.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
It is immoral to let a fool keep his money.

So does this mean that those who donate to Trumps campaign are fools?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
It is immoral to let a fool keep his money.

So does this mean that those who donate to Trumps campaign are fools?

I think you meant to say the Jeb! campaign.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Perhaps donating to either is foolish?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Donating money to the filthy rich so they can control a country is idiotic IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Good point. I wonder what would happen if a graduate sued a college because they could not get a job after graduation. I mean - I'm sure they picked the college because their brochures and staff at open house proclaimed what a great college it was, etc. So... every single graduation should be guaranteed a job, and to get rich at a job, right?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yeah.... that judge needs to recuse himself from this case.
No way this is going to be fair.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

you don't say!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Some people wanted to get rich, and took courses in real estate that did not make them as rich as they wanted, and they are blaming the courses. Could be no other reason I guess.

Wow...You need to read up on this case.

I was outright fraud...even according to the "professors"...some without even a HS degree, that Trump hired.

Trump University Staffers Describe 'Fraudulent Scheme' In New Court Documents

"Based upon my personal experience and employment, I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money,"

Ronald Schnackenberg, a Trump University sales manager from 2006-2007, said in his testimony.

He recounted the story of a couple who attended a seminar in New York City in the Spring of 2007 and would've had to pay for their Trump University courses using the husband's disability income and taking out a loan based upon equity in their apartment.

When Schnackenberg failed to sell them on the program, "I was reprimanded for not trying harder" and another salesman took over and got them to sign onto the most expensive package, costing nearly $35,000.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 2-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Some people wanted to get rich, and took courses in real estate that did not make them as rich as they wanted, and they are blaming the courses. Could be no other reason I guess.

I was outright fraud...even according to the "professors"...some without even a HS degree, that Trump hired.

"Based upon my personal experience and employment, I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money,"

Ronald Schnackenberg, a Trump University sales manager from 2006-2007, said in his testimony.

He recounted the story of a couple who attended a seminar in New York City in the Spring of 2007 and would've had to pay for their Trump University courses using the husband's disability income and taking out a loan based upon equity in their apartment.

When Schnackenberg failed to sell them on the program, "I was reprimanded for not trying harder" and another salesman took over and got them to sign onto the most expensive package, costing nearly $35,000.

www.nbcnews.com...

How is that fraud? If someone chooses to spend their last dollar on something, even a chance of something, how is it fraud for the person selling it to take their money? It's called sales. I deal with salesmen on a regular basis. They all follow the same basic script.

My product or service is the best, every other one is terrible.
If you buy my product it will improve your life or business.
Everyone else exaggerates the quality of what they are selling, not me, mine is the best.
If my price is higher it's because it is a superior product. Everyone else cuts corners.
If my price is lower it's because we take the time to carefully source our material to provide a better value to our customers
Let me put you in for one order so you can test out product/service.
Etc....etc......etc .......

It's called sales tactics. If someone buys a lottery ticket with their last dollar and doesn't win, did the lottery commission defraud them, or should they have thought better of what would be the best way to use that dollar.

I worked in real estate for a short while. While taking the course to get my license we had a bunch of brokers come in to recruit. They promised the world. We would all be millionaires because their brokerages were the best. Of course you take it with a grain of salt. Your production in real estate is 100% reliant on your drive and dedication ...BUT ... you have to have the right kind of personality. It's not for everyone. I didn't like it and was barely active doing it. I STILL made some money.

It seems these people thought they were going to take a course and become millionaires. When they made 6 phone calls and it didn't pan out they called fraud. ANY IDIOT can make money in real estate if you like it and have the drive, determination, and personality. No course can provide that. All it can do is teach you how the game is played.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Primordial

A few examples of fraud would be advertising as a university when in fact it isn't, advertising the sales instructors were qualified individuals who were hand picked by Trump, but they were not, selling lifetime memberships that give you access to pre-selected properties vetted by Trump and never delivering.

Those things would be fraud.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I was responding to the examples of "fraud" given in the post I quoted.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Primordial

www.nbcnews.com...

How is that fraud? If someone chooses to spend their last dollar on something, even a chance of something, how is it fraud for the person selling it to take their money? It's called sales.

Fraud : wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

From Forbes: How Bad Are the Charges Against Trump University? Really Bad
fortune.com...

N.Y. attorney general on Trump University: 'This is straight up fraud'
www.cnn.com...

The multiple lawsuits range from illegal business practices, to false claims to racketeering and with the recent release of some of the docs in the case it looks like just that.

Trump claimed he hand picked the instructors in an infomercial...he admits in deposition he never met them.

He also falsely claimed it was a "University" when it was not, violating NY state law...it had zero accreditation.

He didn't even have a business license for it.

It was a scam from start to finish and the only training was for the instructors on how to convince the students to keep paying more and more money to learn the good stuff..which never came.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Primordial

www.nbcnews.com...

How is that fraud? If someone chooses to spend their last dollar on something, even a chance of something, how is it fraud for the person selling it to take their money? It's called sales.

Fraud : wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

From Forbes: How Bad Are the Charges Against Trump University? Really Bad
fortune.com...

N.Y. attorney general on Trump University: 'This is straight up fraud'
www.cnn.com...

The multiple lawsuits range from illegal business practices, to false claims to racketeering and with the recent release of some of the docs in the case it looks like just that.

Trump claimed he hand picked the instructors in an infomercial...he admits in deposition he never met them.

He also falsely claimed it was a "University" when it was not, violating NY state law...it had zero accreditation.

He didn't even have a business license for it.

It was a scam from start to finish and the only training was for the instructors on how to convince the students to keep paying more and more money to learn the good stuff..which never came.

I'm not defending Trump because I haven't read into the case, however, people cry foul all the time when they don't get the results they expected.

Lawyers, and those who tend to hire them, "claim" lots of things. You always try to make your case seem stronger than it is by making bold claims. If they are proven, then too bad for Trump, pay up. Seems there were people who were satisfied with the course and some who weren't.

One group is lying. Either the course delivered what was promised or it didn't, but, only one side has a motive for lying. The people who say they got what they paid for reap no reward for lying, while the other side .....

One must also consider the timing of the release of documents, the Judges alleged associations, the plaintiffs attorneys associations, etc .... I don't know, but did the Judge also release defense documents countering the claims made or only documents that are damning to Trump? The judge is allegedly a member of the La Raza Lawyers of San Diego and oversaw the gift of a law school scholarship to an illegal alien, the lawyers are big Clinton doners, no conflicts there right, though I do realize the lawsuit was entered before he ran for president.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Primordial

I am sure there are a few people who sing the praises of Trump from the fake university, but keep in mind people sang praises for Bernie Madoff as well. Some people would rather believe they did good than admit they have been scamed.

The good write ups he got from students are worthless. They were done after a session they were named and it wasn't in their interest to give bad write ups because they were still dependent on the Fake U to deliver on promises.

If those write ups were done anonumously they would have been far different.

It was a well structured scam.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Nice video. I think the real Trump is a lot smarter then the strawman they've painted him to be this last year.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: muse7
So Clinton made Trump scam thousands of people?

Probably the same person who made Trump scam thousands of people is the same one who made Hillary delete 30,000 emails.

And I wonder who it served for Facebook to delete many Bernie Sanders groups even with over 50,000 members. I wonder who it served for the DNC to gyp everyone in Nevada. I wonder who's side has wanted Bernie to drop out for months even though Hillary stayed in way longer in 2008. Must be Trump.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join