It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Law Firm Behind Trump University Lawsuit Gave Big Money to the Clintons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To me there is no difference to me between Trump University, this law firm and the students/plaintiffs involved. Both Trump University and the law firm suing Trump are promising money to people who seemingly want to "make it rich quick." Anyone who thinks they will "make it rich" and dumb enough to pay 1,000s on this and not spending their money on a real college are just idiots to me. Who knows, maybe this school actually taught some skills and they just couldn't get a job? Either way, they are looking to make easy money off a well known billionaire one way or another. The other two are looking to make some money off a bunch of idiots.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Either way, they are looking to make easy money off a well known billionaire one way or another.

Sorry bub, but maybe you don't understand the legal system. In this case all they will be able to get is a refund of their money.

It was their money to begin with and Trump was the one trying to make easy money by selling fraudulent courses.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Sounds like conflicts of interests both with the lawyers and the judge. The judge needs to recuse himself immediately. The lawyers however is another issue. They are not obligated to distance themselves from the case but it does not look good. Bad looks are bad for business.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The lawsuits began well before Trump decided to run for office...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Either way, they are looking to make easy money off a well known billionaire one way or another.

Sorry bub, but maybe you don't understand the legal system. In this case all they will be able to get is a refund of their money.

It was their money to begin with and Trump was the one trying to make easy money by selling fraudulent courses.

You apparently know nothing about the legal system "bub." They sued for 40 million for actual and punitive damages. In other words their money back plus punitive damages that wiesily go into the millions.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The 40 million suite was a NY class action suit filed back in 2013. This civil suit was filed in California back in 2014 and I haven't seen any amount mentioned for punitive damages for the California one.

For the one in Cali

Plaintiffs seek refunds for all “Live Event” students across the country who have not yet received full refunds, with additional penalties and/or fines for senior citizens in California and Florida, and treble damages in the Cohen RICO case. link

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The lawsuits began well before Trump decided to run for office...

Yes, but the timing of the release of the docs is suspect. This thing has been dragging out for years, why release docs to the public now? What does releasing the docs to the public have to do with the case? What is the judges motivation for releasing the docs?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Which lawsuit are you talking about. The California one was filed on feb 2014 and goes to court this November and there are two other suites pending towards Trump University.

Then there is the law suite that Trump University filed against one their former students for a million dollars. Because she publicised her experience on social media about the 37K course she paid for.

There is a NY case where a judge found Trump personally liable for operating the company without a business license.

He also violated NY law by using the word "University" in his corporation when in fact it wasn't chartered as one.

Even the former employees have gone on record stating it was a high pressure bait and switch scam that milked money out of people.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The class action lawsuit that was filed in 2010.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I know of the suite filed in NY back in 2013 and I know of the one in California filed in 2014, but I can't find anything about a 2010 case can you link it?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Here.

www.rgrdlaw.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

That one I didn't know about, but the document release from that case shouldn't hurt Trump in fact it draws a connection to Clinton and the firm against Trump.

As far as the other cases and documents being released they are still new and pertinent, but I am not sure what documents they have released.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

That one I didn't know about, but the document release from that case shouldn't hurt Trump in fact it draws a connection to Clinton and the firm against Trump.

As far as the other cases and documents being released they are still new and pertinent, but I am not sure what documents they have released.

All of these "cases" are a complete waste of time. Trump will not settle out of court and will drag it out until its not worth continuing anymore. He will win one way or another.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Actually, he can only drag it out as long as the court allows him to and if he loses the NY case then he is bound to lose the California case. These people are trying to get back their money so it isn't a waste of time for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Actually, he can only drag it out as long as the court allows him to and if he loses the NY case then he is bound to lose the California case. These people are trying to get back their money so it isn't a waste of time for them.

If they would have invested the same amount of energy into actually making money, they would have made more than what they are asking for. You make it sound like every student is suing Trump when in actuality its a small group of people. The case will not go anywhere because he can parade student after student that enjoyed the school plus endless documentation of the students giving the school a good review.

In any case, documentation outweighs opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

And law outweighs all.

Laws were broken. Trump U was a scam and it looks like there is enough documentation to prove that. There are employees who have gone on record stating it was a scam.

Just for Cali.

(1) Violation of California’s Unfair Competition Law (“UCL”),
(2) California’s False Advertising Law (“FAL”),
(3) California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act (“CLRA”),
(4) Financial elder abuse under California law, Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code Section 15600
(5) Violation of New York’s consumer protection statute, Section 349 of NY’s General Bus. Law
(6) Violation of Florida’s consumer protection statute and elder abuse law, Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (“FDUTPA”) and Misleading Advertising Law (“MAL”)

I don't believe he has so called "endless documentation" with former student praises. Trump has repeatedly lied about documentation. Such as his A rating that he showed. He could have showed his C and D rating as well, but he hid that from the public.

I think Trump is S#*t out of luck with this one and he will have to pay back what he defrauded.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

And law outweighs all.

Laws were broken. Trump U was a scam and it looks like there is enough documentation to prove that. There are employees who have gone on record stating it was a scam.

Just for Cali.

(1) Violation of California’s Unfair Competition Law (“UCL”),
(2) California’s False Advertising Law (“FAL”),
(3) California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act (“CLRA”),
(4) Financial elder abuse under California law, Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code Section 15600
(5) Violation of New York’s consumer protection statute, Section 349 of NY’s General Bus. Law
(6) Violation of Florida’s consumer protection statute and elder abuse law, Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (“FDUTPA”) and Misleading Advertising Law (“MAL”)

If he broke the law why isn't he arrested? Last time I checked, this is a class action lawsuit, not a criminal case. Nice try tho.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You know what I mean. The insulated corporation he owned 93% of broke the law.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

You know what I mean. The insulated corporation he owned 93% of broke the law.

They are being sued for money, they are not in court to defend themselves because they got caught breaking the law. That's like saying Hillary would be disqualified from running if Juanita Brodrick decided to sue her. If we used lawsuits like this as a litmus test, the easiest way to prevent people from running for office would be to sue them.

You can literally sue anyone for any reason. Trust me I know, I have been sued. Doesn't mean I broke any laws however.
edit on 1-6-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

There are plenty of frivolous lawsuits, but that isn't what this is. TU is exactly the sort of thing that should go to court.

Laws were broken by even calling it a university. Scams like that should be held accountable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join