It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Law Firm Behind Trump University Lawsuit Gave Big Money to the Clintons

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Indigo5

Trump did not forge anything. Did you notice the part where it said the rating has ranged from A+ to D- ?

Apparently when Trump printed or was sent that page, the rating at the time was A.

Do you know why it ranged so much? While the University was active it had a D-. At some point, they stopped taking in customers but stayed open as a business. They did this for 3 years so the reviews would drop off, the company could claim to be active, and it would shut down with an A+. So yes, it had an A at some point but it's really due to a loophole in the way these things are tracked. While the business was active, his rating was a D-.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Fine, but that doesn't excuse what Trump did in anyway. At the very least those other for profit schools are accredited and still considered a 'university', pretty sure that wasn't the case with Trump.

Trump was using the word University the same way McDonalds does with Hamburger University, which is really a series of management courses. Except that for McDonalds it's legal, using University as part of a business name in New York carries additional requirements.

Trump is showing his usual business skills in setting up in the wrong state. That's only a small part of the complaints though because he did change the name to comply which limits his liability there. The bigger issue is that what he advertised wasn't what he delivered and that his business practices were predatory. Both of which can leave him open to civil or criminal lawsuits. So far I think it's all been civil.

Honestly, the court seems to be protecting him too by pushing all the trial stuff until after the election. If they were going to act politically minded they would have put it all in September/October.

But that's Trump for you, the judge did him a favor and Trumps response is to publicly attack the guy at every opportunity, and claim he's not impartial because he's a Mexican (that was born in Indiana), you know how all those Mexicans are anti Donald "I will get the Hispanic vote" Trump.

Really depends who you ask and what you are looking at, plenty of great people come out of our school system, and we really don't spend all the much compared to other places. And you just have to see the funding of the private schools to see what help

They're highly rated because of the business connections they create when you're referring to our top schools. Quality of education actually gets worse with the high end ones though because they become more and more unwilling to fail students.
edit on 3-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: LordDraconia

originally posted by: Indigo5

Nice video. I think the real Trump is a lot smarter then the strawman they've painted him to be this last year.

Wow...His first statement about the BBB rating was complete BS...with Complete fake docs...so Much so that the BBB had to call him on his BS in an official statement.

Link

Yep I read it, "The document posted on social media on Thursday night was not a current BBB Business Review of Trump University. It appeared to be part of a Business Review from 2014."

Then, "To be accredited, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB Accreditation Standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints."

Do you have a business do you understand the BBB?

I understand enough about the BBB to conclude (as they have) that Donald Trump forged a document to show an accreditation that he never got and a review grade he never got....and so says the BBB and he has quietly not responded to the BBB's very public explanation that the document he showed was not from the BBB...cuz his followers don't care...they will eat whatever he feeds them.

Sorry when my choices are shifty swindler or influence peddling racketeering my campaign and my foundation are one and the same HRC I'll take the sheister any day. At least we know what he is. Does anyone even know what she is?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Trump is a business man and his next conquest is to be president of the united states. He has no idea nor holds no real views on any political issue unless it makes him the president.

He doesn't even know if he's a republican or a democrat. He chose to run republican bc that is the more uneducated, easier to manipulate group of people, and its working, hes winning off of people's lack of intelligence. He knows exactly what he is doing and its working for him so far.

So the guy is naturally smart and successful and knows how to navigate the many twists and turns that is labyrinthine system that is politics in this country and he has no owners in the demonrat or retardicon party? SOLD! I'll vote for him just off your argument.
Edit: Omg Reddit is right Trump is Batman. He's not the hero we deserve. But the one that we need.
www.reddit.com...

Not only that but: "The Wayne Enterprises Building in The Dark Knight Rises was actually Trump Tower."

edit on 3-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

How Is he naturally smart and successful? He was given six million dollars by his dad...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

FORMER STUDENTS SPEAK OUT IN SUPPORT OF TRUMP UNIVERSITY

Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, sue.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

In the case of Trump University, the situation is even more disturbing. While Schneiderman’s investigation into Trump University first arose out of a larger inquiry into for-profit schools that accepted federal funding, his office quickly learned that neither Trump University nor its students had ever received any form of federal funding, subsidies or other government aid and offered all of its students a 3 day money back guarantee if they were not completely satisfied. Despite learning these facts, for the last two years, Schneiderman’s office has spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars conducting a no holds barred, scorched earth investigation, assigning as many as ten of his staff members to interview former Trump University employees and review literally hundreds of thousands of pages of documents. Making matters worse, Schneiderman chose to devote such valuable taxpayer dollars to looking into Trump University even though there was already a class action lawsuit pending in California brought by the firm of disgraced former lawyers and convicted felons Bill Lerach and Mel Weiss.

And what did Schneiderman’s office find after wasting so much of the taxpayers’ hard earned money? Exactly what Trump University told the Attorney General on day one – that as much as 98% of those students who participated in Trump University programs were not only satisfied with their Trump University experience, but would recommend the program to a friend.
These are just a few of the comments by the more than 10,000 former Trump University students who filled out surveys sharing their experiences. 98% approval. That’s a better approval rating than even Harvard. Let’s be real: if this weren’t Trump, there would be no investigation!

However, this is not the first time Eric Schneiderman has used his stature as Attorney General for his own political gain or to attack critics of President Obama. Indeed, one recent New York Post article entitled, “Democratic Hit Man”, rightfully pointed out that while Schneiderman, elected with a paper thin resume, “seems to spare no expense in attacking critics of President Obama but hasn’t lifted an investigative finger when it comes to the sleaze involving fat cats in his own party.” According to the article, the backlash against Schneiderman’s one-sided tactics has gotten so bad that “the ‘investigate Schneiderman’ movement is gaining traction among congressional Republicans, particularly in the House Financial Services Committee.”

www.98percentapproval.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

thos 2 k
Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, sue.

So given how many times Trump has sued someone to get his way when his personal ability failed, does that put him in the second category?

Also, your website is ridiculous.
edit on 3-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Man you would be heartbroken if you went into a prison or jail, everyone there is the first one to tell you they are innocent and their friends can back them up!
fortune.com...

Not disclosed by the campaign is that Hoban is also a Trump family acquaintance whose protein-infused water is stocked at some of Trump’s golf courses, restaurants and resorts.

Not mentioned by the campaign is that the celebrity billionaire previously endorsed a self-help book authored by Gunn’s teenage son, titled “Schooled for Success: How I Plan to Graduate from High School a Millionaire.” A website promoting the book also features a photo of a smiling Houston Gunn posing with Trump in what appears to be the then reality TV star’s Trump Tower office.

Pretty sure a couple of these students already had their success before they went to that 'school' as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Have you really not seen enough in this short thread alone to see that the entire Trump U controversy has been "trumped up" for financial gain of the complainants, but mostly as another attempt to stop Trump?

The attorney general who started it is a known politically biased Democrat who goes after anyone who speaks against Obama, and lets Democrats get away with crime. Republicans in office know Schneiderman well and hate him for this bias.

The attorneys involved in the civil lawsuit are hard-core Clinton camp. Their agenda is clear. Any attorney with an agenda can seek out complainants to file civil cases if they try hard enough.

The first people that filed civil suits only wanted to make money from a rich guy, and expected him to settle. When Trump said he wanted it to go to court so that he could prove that the claims were bogus, the claimants started dropping out. They did not want to go to court, because they knew they would lose.

Trump wants to go to court in the most recent case.

There were 10,000 people who took courses with Trump U, and a handful had complaints. The complaints are based on that they did not make money. They are blaming the courses, when it likely was their own lack of effort, as many, many others claimed success and a great experience from the information learned. The complainants in the civil case reported perfect scores and positive remarks in their review of the courses.

All parties going after Trump U have an agenda. Trump is standing up and willing to face them in court. Why would he do that if he had something to hide?

The media frenzy is just another biased manipulation of facts in the unending effort to stop Trump.
What are they so afraid of? A president who is going to stand up to the establishment, including the establishment controlled media.

edit on 6/3/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

All parties going after Trump U have an agenda. Trump is standing up and willing to face them in court. Why would he do that if he had something to hide?

Because offering a poor product is not illegal. Many scammers have gone to court with a similar defense, it's up to the judge to set the line between a poor product and being a scam.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

How Is he naturally smart and successful? He was given six million dollars by his dad...

And turned it into $4 billion by the lowball estimates. If we could all manage a 666.66% repeating return on our inheritance we'd all be rich. Hmmm that is a little disturbing I must admit.
edit on 3-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

thos 2 k
Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, sue.

So given how many times Trump has sued someone to get his way when his personal ability failed, does that put him in the second category?

Also, your website is ridiculous.

Are his students who liked his course ridiculous as well? BlueAjah has linked like 5-10 sources this post are they all "bad"?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Scammers often have a lot of defenders, making people believe in your product is part of the scam after all. Some people don't realize they were scammed while others just aren't willing to admit it. As another poster pointed out the other day, Bernie Madoff had a lot of people publicly defending him originally too.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

And turned it into $4 billion by the lowball estimates. If we could all manage a 666.66% repeating return on our inheritance we'd all be rich. Hmmm that is a little disturbing I must admit.

You seem to be leaving out the 250 million inheritance when his dad died.

As you said he is worth 4 billion now which is the high estimate, but if he had fingerpainted instead of managing his money he would be worth 8 billion.

How is that successful?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You seem to be leaving out the 250 million inheritance when his dad died.

As you said he is worth 4 billion now which is the high estimate, but if he had fingerpainted instead of managing his money he would be worth 8 billion.

How is that successful?

The man 8 fold increased his wealth in 30 years and he's still not successful enough? Well I'm pretty sure by your logic we have to have President Bill Gates or The Ghost of Steve Jobs to run. Unfortunately they're not running. When I look at this minor drivel like Trump University, and I compare it to barking Mad Hillary the serial liar and con artist or Bread Line Bernie I just shake my head. If the Democrat's were running anyone halfway decent Trump University might be a big enough issue to sway me. But they haven't so it's not.
Time to get on board the Trump Train or get run over!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I will never support a scumbag like Trump of Hillary. No matter which of them wins America loses.

I also think you are confusing success with too big to fail. Trump couldn't even keep up with simple investments. If he was managing someone else's money and they looked at his performance compared to what the money would earn in a S&P 500 he would have been FIRED.

If you didn't know read about it here.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The man 8 fold increased his wealth in 30 years and he's still not successful enough?

Among billionaires, Trump has increased his wealth at one of if not the slowest rate.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The man 8 fold increased his wealth in 30 years and he's still not successful enough?

Among billionaires, Trump has increased his wealth at one of if not the slowest rate.

Hmmm ok you got me there so I will only come up with a convoluted half defense! It has been shown that if you take a stock analyst, elementary kids, and an Orangutan and had them all pick stocks the earnings would be Orangutan>kids>stock analyst. So even if he is bad at business this proves he is at least as smart as a stock broker and not the Orangutan his detractors have made him out to be because if he was he would have done better. LOL that is all I have sorry.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Being bad at business is something of a big deal when he's running on the record of being good at business. What Trump is good at however isn't business, it's marketing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join