It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would u do if there was a nuclear war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There's a nuclear war. All the cities are destroyed. But ur out of town so u lived. There's no cel ph service and ur car is almost out of gas.

What would u do to survive???

🙀

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

What makes you think anyone would survive a situation like that? Nuclear fallout is a end game.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
For a very short OP, I'm going to give a very short answer.....

Die.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What would you do?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
First i would jump in to the garbage bin, no none can hit it anyway.

Second i would jump out again, and enjoy the silence.

Scavenge for left overs, while dying from radiation poisoning.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

are my tent , van , bunker and mineshaft still ok ?

did the forrest survive , what about my trap lines ?

do i have the ingredients to make a salad ?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Er, not a lot I suppose. Hope i'm one of the 6 million of Brits who don't starve or freeze to death from destruction of infrastructure.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

At first, if there were any hope of surviving, I'd likely find water, food, shelter, and survivors, in that order. God forbid this ever happen.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
There's a nuclear war. All the cities are destroyed. But ur out of town so u lived. There's no cel ph service and ur car is almost out of gas.

🙀

I live in New Zealand.

I don't think things would change that much for me.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well, "On the Beach", a novel by Nevil Shute, may give some answers.

The novel details the experiences of a mixed group of people in Melbourne as they await the arrival of deadly radiation spreading towards them from the Northern Hemisphere following a nuclear war a year previously. As the radiation approaches, each person deals with impending death differently.

Wiki description

I highly recommend reading this book.

edit on 27/5/2016 by paraphi because: typo

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I'd search for as many Stim packs and packets of Rad Away as I could find then head out into the wasteland to see what I could scavenge , carefully avoiding Rad Scorpions and Death Claws with my Stealth Boy.

Or die a slow lingering death , one of the two.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

🙀

grab a tent, hop in my van, and drive to my bunker.

why do you keep making these threads?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about $h!tt!ng in a bucket anymore.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Probably create a vault colony and name my business vault-tec

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Duck and cover

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Considering i live in the U.K, and not that far away from the HMNB Clyde, i imagine i would be incinerated in the initial blast.

As for the rest of the nation, well its a island and not really that large, 4 or 5 warheads detonated at sufficient attitude would be more than enough to completely destroy our infrastructure and render the place uninhabitable for 100s of years to come.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I would find the nearest military base on the map, park the car up somewhere I could cover it over with foliage and scout the base from a distance to see whether it had been abandoned, or if it was occupied. If it was occupied, I would approach it with arms raised and ask for aid or shelter. If it appeared abandoned, I would try and see if any of the buildings were hard enough and intact enough to represent a significant barrier against the increased radiation in the atmosphere.

I would also search for any hardened communications gear, something that might have survived the cell blackout, and try to get a message out to folk to let them know that I was there, that my intentions are not criminal or seditionist, but that I merely need somewhere solid to hole up. There's a good chance that in such a circumstance, the military would be in need of people, regardless of their apparent usefulness, because losses would be catastrophic, and an invasion after such a nuclear assault would be a distinct possibility. Therefore it is possible they might attempt to pick me up and take me in.

However, the chances are, that any nuclear assault on my nation would irradiate most of it in a very short space of time. It's a small place, after all. Essentially, anyone left alive would be dead people walking within mere minutes after the detonation, only looking forward to a slow death bought on by radiation sickness and runaway mutations in their gene structure.

A solve for that would be hard to pull off under the best of circumstances, and post nuclear assault it would be nearly impossible to achieve.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Some would survive...most would die either in the blast, the follow on rioting or starve to death in a few weeks...but some would survive, somewhere and create a new (better?) society.

That is the good news. You and I...the internet geek sucking nerds are fooked!

Cheers

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I would move to Jericho. Some will get this and some will not.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance Head for the coast, steal a decent sized yacht and take my family out to the open sea.
Hopefully the ocean will be less irradiated than the land and we can make fresh water with a solar still or wind powered one, catch fish and be well away from bands of roaming mutants

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join