It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Gen. Boykin Fired for Free Speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I don't only attack the left.

Ah - my mistake

Carry on then...I imagine I'll be seeing a bunch of stuff from you now that proves I had you all wrong
edit on 5/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: extra...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Like Islamism? Is that not right-wing enough for you?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Like Islamism? Is that not right-wing enough for you?

Are you an Islamist now? I really did have you all wrong...

Can't wait for your next thread :-)

I can do snark as easily as you LesMisanthrope - obviously. We all have our agendas. Or maybe we should call them motives...

I'll always be up front about mine, either way. I'll answer all your questions. Directly

What more could we ask of each other?

edit on 5/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: a dot

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

As I said earlier, I oppose Islamism. is theocratic Islamism not right-wing enough for you?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

is theocratic Islamism not right-wing enough for you?

What about the right wing of our Western Civilization? (Notice - all caps - just for you...)

Maybe you pretend to not understand my question on purpose? But, you know - good for you Les

Like I said, ask me anything. I'm always up for the discussion. Straight up - no subterfuge

edit on 5/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So called Tolerant liberal fascists at it again. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Nice non answer.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

The gay community was upset that he was inciting violence against them which is not the equivalent of Liberal fascism at all but of course if you're a conservative why not make those claims to further the war of Red v Blue?

In any case, I don't think he was inciting violence against the gays or tranny's but I can see how they took it that way. His message was clear, if anyone tries to molest the women in his life then their lives are over and it has nothing to do with being gay or a tranny.

That all said, he has his job back so this thread really is a non issue BUT the Red v Blue War must go on... in the Internets!!!

edit on 21-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I haven't whined though. I am going to laugh a LOT when Trump is elected in a landslide and the PC correct see what it's like to be stifled

This statement and the 26 stars your post got in agreement sure do seem to lend credence to the idea of Trump support coming from a rise of American authoritarianism.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Of course, that is without a doubt their agenda. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Consider what he's saying (excerpted from your source):

Hampden Sydney is the 10th oldest college in America and is one of the two Men’s colleges left in ‎America. Let me begin by saying that it is a fine school with some very good young men who give me hope for the future. There are also a few very good faculty members who I consider to be good friends and true patriots. They stood with me through this whole situation as the school made the decision to terminate me and I appreciate everything that these friends at the school did to try and help.

The clear implication here is what? That "true patriots" are those who agree with him. Those who don't support him are unpatriotic?

Not only is he is ignorant of the topic, he also contradicts himself:

The bottom line is that I oppose these so called “‎Bathroom” bills that let men go into women’s locker rooms, showers, and toilets and I have been very public about it. When I said in Orlando that “…the first man who goes in the restroom with my daughter will not have to worry about surgery”, the LGBT community once again came after me, claiming that I was calling for violence against ‎transgender people.

Well, that is simply not the case and I have never called for violence against anyone. I was referring to perverts who will use these policies to get into locker rooms with girls and women, and I object to that. My statement was meant to be humor and not a call for violence, which everyone in my audience understood as humor.

Firstly, the "Bathroom Bills [sic]" that he's referring to is HB2 and as we all know (well except for him) it doesn't do anything of the sort and in fact, was passed by and for people who think like he does.

Secondly, he says that he was referring to "perverts" but in his original comment and even in the paragraph before this statement, he says men/man.

I hope that moms and dads across America will stand up to this assault on women and girls.

Yeah, he sounds like a melodramatic douche bag but hey, if the college wants to employ him, that's up to them. If they want to fire him, sounds like a plan as well. They're not in anyway obligated to act on the demands of any group with the possible exception of the students/parents or members of the faculty.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

As if you don't have your own agenda but your claim that the very small community of gays and trannys want to reign in some fascist authoritarian gov't is absolutely ridiculous. Why don't you waste your time and energy on something more constructive, like knitting.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ya know of yall ever watched Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, or Hanks one about the Pacific.

Bascially any war movie made.

Where someone takes a snip is about the last thing on a soldiers mind.

Hell even a helmet or empty ammo box will do in a WAR zone.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Lmao! What exactly are you freaking out about now? Stick to the topic of discussion, not me. We are all giving our opinions here, that is all.

Where did this anger come from? Relax, no need to come unhinged and make a fool of yourself. Get a grip and calm down my friend, calm down. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It's always amusing to see posters think they know the mood of the person they are replying to. What in my post leads you to assume I'm freaking out?

Oh I am on topic but if you think otherwise feel free to hit the ALERT button. That said, if you feel you're being attack let me clarify for you, you talked about agendas and I was pointing the very obvious fact that everyone has an agenda.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

No you were babbling on about false accusations, and how I should focus on "some knitting", that is your valiant approach to discussing the topic, it's a common trait for you here, lol!

Well at least you got some amusement, seems like you could have used it. The discussion was about this General who stood up for his right to free speech, in case you missed it. ~$heopleNation
edit on 22-5-2016 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This problem has been compound by both sides by a select few within each group.

The people that advocate free speech are correct. You should be able to protest CIVILY that you oppose views on bathrooms and lifestyles and whatever else you like. The problem is those folks who take it too far and wanna yell f*g, n*gger, Ch*NK and think they have that right.

The people on the other side of the coin that use their free speech to promote their lifestyles and choices, BLM, LGBT+, Immigration etc. also have evey right to promote these things CIVILY. Unfortunately, they too, have people within those groups that cant stand anyone opposing their views and cry bigot, phobic etc. towards them. Everything is a micro aggression now.

We need to be able to sit down at a table and have a few beers and agree to disagree sometimes.

And we need to both look at the idiots within our respective camps and tell them they have no place at that table.
edit on 22-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I haven't whined though. I am going to laugh a LOT when Trump is elected in a landslide and the PC correct see what it's like to be stifled

This statement and the 26 stars your post got in agreement sure do seem to lend credence to the idea of Trump support coming from a rise of American authoritarianism.

And what idea do the 25 stars garnered by the post you yourself authored and shamelessly linked to lend credence to?

(Not that I neccesarilly disagree with all of your post on the rise of authoritarianism here, I just felt you deserved a little good natured ribbing for your shameless plug.
)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There is a difference between not liking something someone says and not letting them speak. Firing someone is sacking them for speaking out. Get the difference ?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

How is firing someone for something they said stopping their ability to speak? Clearly Boykin was able to continue speaking about his disapproval of LGBT people.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join