It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Gen. Boykin Fired for Free Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Source

How do I fit this into the NWO Forum? LOL

Nonetheless, I gave the LGBT community just what they needed to pressure the college leadership to terminate me and they did.

My personal view is that PC speech is smothering free speech, a ‎constitutional right in America. Too many years in the Army talking to soldiers still impedes my ability and willingness to say things that are not permissible under the PC rules and it has cost me a job. But I have not and will not change my position on men in women’s showers and locker rooms.

Seems I recall him losing another job previously addressed here on ATS.

The last line in the source article pretty much carries a belief I've been know to express on this site.

Such views will be silenced by the “tolerant” Left in their quest for total power.

I haven't whined though. I am going to laugh a LOT when Trump is elected in a landslide and the PC correct see what it's like to be stifled. I look forward to the time when guys like Boykin regain control of the reins. I just wonder how far down the road the NWO agenda has progressed with all the 'head fakes' the left/right dream team of the Bushes and Clintons are going to take us. I wonder if Hillary is disappointed she didn't get the active role as POTUS and had to take a side-seat.

We're doomed though, if a state manages to pull-off another Florida-style Bush/Kerry voting debacle and gifts another term to the Clintons. If that happens, should we just surrender to the NWO? Or, should we go down fighting?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Live and let live. If something offends a person, they have a choice to ignore it or not. If someone is trying to stifle their rights, then they can raise hell.

This PC society that is up and coming is so far beyond the realm of ridiculous that, at times, I wonder if I'm in a sitcom.

Every human deserves their basic rights, right up to the point of infringing on another persons rights. I think we are crossing that line.

+7 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The suppression of free speech is a pillar of authoritarian rule.

Too many want authoritarian rule. Freedom carries too much responsibility.

The weak and the shallow and the cowardly will win the day from sheer numbers supporting the suppression of free expression.

We're seeing it now, in media, in schools, in society.

The pathetic will inherit the earth, because they will have locked up anyone worth a damn.

+12 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Clearly Lt Boykin didn't get the memo below outlining the political correctness manifesto:

Dear Lt Gen Boykin,
Whoever is declared the biggest victim gets to be the biggest bully.
Yours faithfully
Tyranny with a smile

+2 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Irrational gobbledygook.

Is the guy in prison? He's not? Not arrested even? Then his free speech is in tact.

I am going to laugh a LOT when Trump is elected in a landslide and the PC correct see what it's like to be stifled.

That's entirely what this hyped up born of delusion anti-PC CRUSADE is all about, an attempt to "stifle" people that advocate for the civil rights of others that for some reason frighten more traditionally minded folks.

+2 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

He is after all a cis white male! How can you have tolerance and equality, with a patriarchy run by white males? /end sarcasm

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Waaaaahhhhhhh protect my bigotry from consequence or be called a PC SJW!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I am going to laugh a LOT when Trump is elected in a landslide and the PC correct see what it's like to be stifled. I look forward to the time when guys like Boykin regain control of the reins.

Then you don't actually believe in freedom of speech. You believe in winning - in being on top - on stepping on other people

If you actually believed in anything like what you pretend - you would be fighting this tooth and nail

So laugh all you want - but Trump is not here to set things right. He (and those that will gain from being at his side) are here to own us all - and will win exactly that through our polarization

So much for America. It was nice while it lasted

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is nothing but a progressive hit job and a spineless school administrator. The LGBT community needs to be made aware it take all types to make this country great again. The complaints against the General shows only the level of childishness they are operating on. The adult thing to do is meet with all parties to resolve this issue. But moving for his dismissal was nothing but vengeful which does nothing but make the other 95% of the public like you less.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
According to Pentagon directives, military personnel in uniform can't sponsor a political club; participate in any TV or radio program or group discussion that advocates for or against a political party, candidate or cause; or speak at any event promoting a political movement.

Commissioned officers also may not use contemptuous words against senior officials, including the defense secretary or the president.

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This PC, free speech garbage is getting rather old.

People want to have the right to say anything they wish, and they do have that right, and then want to blame political correctness when they are held accountable for the things they have said.

It seems to be the same people that bitch and complain that others do not take personal responsibility for their actions, but when they are called-out for theirs, they blame political correctness.

Hypocrisy.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Tyranny with a smile

With a smile for now - just plain tyranny for all of us in the near future

I honestly believe you know better Sublimecraft

Look at all of this for what it is
edit on 5/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Yes let's force all employers to employ people that use hate speech and threaten violence against people they don't like.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Exactly. Now they're all going to go running to Daddy Trump to make it all better.

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Kali74

This PC, free speech garbage is getting rather old.

People want to have the right to say anything they wish, and they do have that right, and then want to blame political correctness when they are held accountable for the things they have said.

It seems to be the same people that bitch and complain that others do not take personal responsibility for their actions, but when they are called-out for theirs, they blame political correctness.

Hypocrisy.

By your logic, North Korea has freedom of speech, because they can say whatever they want, they just get punished for it.

+5 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure of the specific rules of the college, but if you value a free society, a man shouldn't be fired for expressing political views. You thought police advocates sicken me personally.

The left is running out of victims to paternalize over. Once we all can go into any bathroom we wish, I wonder what's next on the victim hierarchy?
edit on 21-5-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

Exactly. Now they're all going to go running to Daddy Trump to make it all better.

I was always taught by my grandfather that a man thinks before he opens his mouth. He is honest, yet aware of the consequences of what he may say and takes responsibility for what he has said without blaming others.

I think we should start revoking the "man-cards" of these people that cannot seem to take personal responsibility and want to force the blame on to political correctness.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, now we went full drama queen.

There are consequences to the things we do and say.

Accept responsibility for what you say.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That would literally be the opposite of what I said.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

A free society that can't fire people for being assholes?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join