It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nudity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: PeterH

No indeed. Rather, I do not adhere to my own authority but to that of one far higher than myself.

An authority who believes just as you do, no doubt.

Everyone here who prides themselves in taking jabs at me, or that use such names as "puritan" "stupid" "ignorant" etc, should really reflect upon themselves, and not imagine they are so wise, which they no doubt do in their own eyes.

Sounds as though a bit of pride is making it's way through your rebuttal.

Public nudity is a wrong. A person who walks around naked without shame in front of other people, especially of the opposite sex, or children are perverted in their minds.

Wrong and perverted, only to those who have a twisted and perverted sense of who and what we are. We are the only animal in existence worried about others perception of our natural state of being.

To imagine, or even claim I am wrong about these things should shame you. Don't be so swift to reply, so swift to rebuke. Meditate on these healthful words, and accept the rebuke. It is not done out of spite.

Oops. A bit of that pride and arrogance seeping through again.

Rather to shame the people who try to claim what is right is wrong, and those who are normal are perverted.

Rather to shame anyone who disagrees with warped and perverted views of morality, and dares to think for themselves.

No not really. You are not thinking for yourself when you break down the morals of society and call bad good. And think you are "thinking for yourself". It has been stuck in your face for ages. Those who are weak and vulnerable are more easily guided to imagine that they think for themselves, when they have been programmed by outside forces to think it is so.

If that statement was foolish to you. Perhaps it should be. I will not explain it further. Seeing that you DO NOT want to listen, rather to dictate your norms on everyone else.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: PeterH

originally posted by: hellobruce

This site is so full of sick people, it is amazing.

Those who think naked is bad are the sick ones!

I have come to the conclusion that this is the thought of the majority of people on ATS. But thank you for confirming it.

I never knew that someone who has been here for a a whole single day could be so knowledgeable about the site.

It's you know who, with yet another new account. He's had so many, I can't keep up with him any more. Now he's decided to teach us about the human body.

Oh, I know who. And his arrogance is showing. Do you think that's allowed to be shown in public? I thought arrogance was against what God wants?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

No indeed. Rather, I do not adhere to my own authority but to that of one far higher than myself.

Everyone here who prides themselves in taking jabs at me, or that use such names as "puritan" "stupid" "ignorant" etc, should really reflect upon themselves, and not imagine they are so wise, which they no doubt do in their own eyes.

Public nudity is a wrong. A person who walks around naked without shame in front of other people, especially of the opposite sex, or children are perverted in their minds.

Wrong and perverted, only to those who have a twisted and perverted sense of who and what we are. We are the only animal in existence worried about others perception of our natural state of being.

To imagine, or even claim I am wrong about these things should shame you. Don't be so swift to reply, so swift to rebuke. Meditate on these healthful words, and accept the rebuke. It is not done out of spite.

Rather to shame the people who try to claim what is right is wrong, and those who are normal are perverted.

Rather to shame anyone who disagrees with warped and perverted views of morality, and dares to think for themselves.

Seeing that you DO NOT want to listen, rather to dictate your norms on everyone else.

I quoted just this one sentence because I've got 1 word for it.

Irony.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Seeing that you DO NOT want to listen, rather to dictate your norms on everyone else.

Irony.

You did not imagine when I wrote that statement I did not know what I was stating?

These are not my norms. They have been human society's for ages. Since the beginning of civilization.

You imagine me an easy scapegoat for it. But do not imagine I know not what you are doing, or will accept dictating morality humankind has held for thousands of years.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Irony.

You did not imagine when I wrote that statement I did not know what I was stating?
It's pretty clear you do not know what you're stating.

These are not my norms.
Diddums.

They have been human society's for ages. Since the beginning of civilization.
You mean since we were walking around naked?

You imagine me an easy scapegoat for it.
Google the word scapegoat and get back to me when you see how your sentence is wrong.

But do not imagine I know not what you are doing, or will accept dictating morality humankind has held for thousands of years.
You mean the same human morality that made us walk around naked millions of years ago?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You do realize, while perhaps you feel the compulsion to argue with everything, as if you are winning something. I have no such need? I was going to ignore you, but wanted you to try and comprehend this. I realize you will not.
Wanted to say something else, but I also realize if I point out what you are doing I will probably be banned from this website.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

You do realize, while perhaps you feel the compulsion to argue with everything, as if you are winning something.
Not everything. Just ignorant folk.

I have no such need?
Yet here you are, arguing.

I was going to ignore you, but wanted you to try and comprehend this. I realize you will not.
Oh, I comprehend. You still live in a time where women shouldn't show their ankles.

Wanted to say something else, but I also realize if I point out what you are doing I will probably be banned from this website.
You'll very likely be banned anyway. Then make a new account. As per usual. So why not just say it?
edit on 2052016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

in west texas men run around without shirts fairly regularly. now, we tend to label those men 'trash' or something. but that's not really the truth. 'trash' is what people with a social complex call people who haven't saddled themselves with such.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

edit on Fri May 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
stars and flag. it always baffles me how sensible most north Americans are because of nudity. ofc not only north americans but this website illustrates it well.

[snipped]
edit on Fri May 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
For reasons alone of not seeing ugly fat people

Is reason enough for me

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

I already see really nasty women walking around in their booty shorts and fat all hanging out...it makes me cringe...now if I seen them completely naked I think I would throw up.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

I'm sure I'd never want to see 99% of ATS naked, ever.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
stars and flag. it always baffles me how sensible most north Americans are because of nudity. ofc not only north americans but this website illustrates it well.

[snipped]

Oh please.

Maybe north Americans put on clothing because it get cold in the winter.

you can't last long in the desert without clothing either.
edit on Fri May 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Why do we eat with forks?
I actually sometimes have to use my hands in conjunction because the fork isn't sufficient for the task. I downplay and try to hide this though.

I admit I don't even need a fork. My hands are that versatile, and teeth do the rest.

How would a nice restaurant consider no one using forks anymore? It would be indecent. Almost uncivilized.

That's why we wear cloths even if we don't "need" them for practical reasons.

Civilized Decency.
Respect for one's self and especially respect for the sensibilities of others.
That is part of the concepts of etiquette, manners, and Honor. And to a lesser extent, Dignity and Integrity.

I get the feeling people who want to walk around naked are having trouble understanding these basic core concepts of civilization.

It's offensive. It's rebellious. It's indicative of an unreasonable need for attention and an unreasonable lack of basic common sense.

I'm sorry, but this is not supposed to be a jungle anymore. This is civilization. We are to be refined and sophisticated intelligent beings.

Oh who am I kidding? Civilization has failed in every way imaginable already. Walk around naked, you might as well. But don't expect me to think highly of this. It's just another symptom of mankind's depravity.

I know most of you don't care what someone like me thinks. That's all too apparent.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Because naked people (women in particular) engender evil thoughts.
About sex and stuff. And that's bad. Can't be thinking about sex.

My experience at nude beaches and the like indicate that the more you see ordinary naked people doing ordinary things, the less you think about sex.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I don't know why people are replying to an argument about "why do we wear clothes at all". That really wasn't the intent of the OP or the thread. Of course throughout every day life it make sense to wear clothes for various reasons covered in this thread.

But again, the argument is more why are Americans in general so uptight about nudity. It's more about, why do other cultures handle a nude beach in August far more maturely than Americans would? Why is America so uptight about nudity that it blurs a female nipple or a buttcrack on tv? Why is America so uptight about nudity that a woman can't sunbath topless in a park if she so chooses without fear of arrest? Why can't Americans handle a coed nude sauna as is the norm in a place like Germany? Why is America so uptight we've had politicians wanting to ban yoga pants?

When I'm in Europe and walk up to a bus stop or into a super market, I see magazines with topless girls next to The Economist. Why couldn't America handle such a thing? Why instead would Americans cry about being offended about seeing an uncovered boob?

The argument isn't about why doesn't everyone walk around butt naked every day.

edit on 20-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join