It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am God and I am Love No Matter what you Have Been Told

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You know, I was sitting here thinking. What would God say about all of the people who accuse him of being evil because evil is in the world.

Then I thought, this is what he would say.

God is real. Many people do not want to recognize it, but I know it is true. Just as many others do. And if there is a God, and there is one, would he not be a God of love?

Imagine a universe without such a God. Well, people do all the time, and all science fiction movies, or fantasy movies of the future imagine a future where war and conflict go beyond the earth into the entire universe.

Of course that is IF the earth will survive.

What is love?

I think God stated it the best when he inspired the following in Holy Scripture:

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8) . . .Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.. . .

Of course this explanation of true love does not do it justice. For we know that the love of God transcends all human comprehension. All of it. There is no capacity in the human mind to fully understand his love.

Why does he get rid of wicked and evil people then? Many people may ask that.

But then, I would ask them to look inside themselves.

Even in our society where there are sick and evil people, the evil ones, who have been given free will, are taken out of society. And there are governments that allow the execution of them. Does that make these governments EVIL from protecting their citizens of serial killers, rapists, teorrists, etc?

Do you NOT imagine God has a very high, the highest moral value of all persons. He being the God of love? IF he executes judgement on a person or on a group of people, do you NOT imagine he does not only, not want to do it, but only does it out of love for the rest of humanity?

So when the end comes in this generation, as it did before, when a wicked world full of evil abounded, it is not because God wanted to do it. It is not because he enjoys getting rid of evil people. But because he, in his wisdom knows that is the only way peace will ever be on earth.

God loves you.

I could have quoted a million scriptures from God's inspired word here (figure of speech). But here a a few to make you think:

(Exodus 34:5-7) . . .Then Jehovah came down in the cloud and stationed himself with him there and declared the name of Jehovah. 6 Jehovah was passing before him and declaring: “Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth, 7 showing loyal love to thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but he will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation.”

(1 John 4:8) Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

(Ephesians 3:19) . . .and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness that God gives.

(Ezekiel 18:32) . . .“‘I do not take any pleasure in the death of anyone,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘So turn back and live.’”

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: QuinnP

*WARNING YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER A TROLL THREAD

Yay another religious thread quoting a book written by man inspired by a god.

It must be legit, because well the bible and stuff. I mean seriously, c'mon, the freaking bible!

edit on 12-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I was listening to a lecture the other day and the speaker made a very good point .The Gospel means good news not good advice . Many take the latter meaning when looking into the Bible and try to create some kind of religion as to live by . Is there a God ? Can we know ? .....One thing is for sure and that is that we can believe it or not .That is our free will decision to make .

The Atheist says there is no God while the believer ,believes there is .So we all start out on a 50/50 chance of being right. ..At death, If the Atheist is right then the believer has lost nothing ...At death if the believer is right then they have a hope for eternity while the Atheist ?????

I am not a betting man myself but life seems to be about hedging our decisions .Making good ,better or the best decisions is what we do .We also make mistakes in our choices .To error is human and few there be that escape it's clutches ....Religion seems to be more of a man made construct after coming to realize there is a God . Notice that in the Bible when people seen or realized it that they wanted to build a alter or do some other ritual to commemorate the experience .

We are no different today then they were . I am probably the least religious person I know .Less is best and if you cloud your mind man's religion you will probably miss the truth and the good news . The good news brings God's love to the hearts and minds of men ...Given it's a 50/50 call and love causes no harm ,its a safe bet ....imo

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I was listening to a lecture the other day and the speaker made a very good point .The Gospel means good news not good advice . Many take the latter meaning when looking into the Bible and try to create some kind of religion as to live by . Is there a God ? Can we know ? .....One thing is for sure and that is that we can believe it or not .That is our free will decision to make .

The Atheist says there is no God while the believer ,believes there is .So we all start out on a 50/50 chance of being right. ..At death, If the Atheist is right then the believer has lost nothing ...At death if the believer is right then they have a hope for eternity while the Atheist ?????

I am not a betting man myself but life seems to be about hedging our decisions .Making good ,better or the best decisions is what we do .We also make mistakes in our choices .To error is human and few there be that escape it's clutches ....Religion seems to be more of a man made construct after coming to realize there is a God . Notice that in the Bible when people seen or realized it that they wanted to build a alter or do some other ritual to commemorate the experience .

We are no different today then they were . I am probably the least religious person I know .Less is best and if you cloud your mind man's religion you will probably miss the truth and the good news . The good news brings God's love to the hearts and minds of men ...Given it's a 50/50 call and love causes no harm ,its a safe bet ....imo

Good points. Of course one is 100% assured to be true.

And yes, I am glad you gave to the realization that love is the true nature of the true God.

All imaginary gods usually of Greek, Egyptian, Norse, and other mythologies are never known for their love. Only the true God is. The others are petty and have the same immoral and imperfect tendencies of humankind.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

All imaginary gods usually of Greek, Egyptian, Norse, and other mythologies are never known for their love. Only the true God is. The others are petty and have the same immoral and imperfect tendencies of humankind.

THE TROLLING IS JUST BEGINNING
Which god are you speaking of? Just to be certain.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That is sort of what happens in a religion forum like this one.
It's called theology, and that's how it works.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

And a simple search would find countless threads identical to this one where a reply could be added rather than make a whole new thread re-hashing the same old debate.

Guess that's what keeps the sub-forum alive though I guess.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Vector99

That is sort of what happens in a religion forum like this one.
It's called theology, and that's how it works.

He is aware of that as I am. And anyone else reading this. Stating it to him doesn't do anything but feed a troll.

I know. That is why I didn't answer him.

If this was in the evolution forum, and someone believing in creation gave a reply like this they would either be banned from the website, or have their post deleted and given a warning. I know this as well.

I am not a new comer here.

But I do see the hypocrisy on this website.

Just don't feed the trolls.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BY NOW IT WAS A TROLL THREAD
Okay so you would like a theological discussion I suppose rather than snarky comments.

Let's start with this.

Which god do you suppose is the right one? Why?

What discredits all other world-wide religions to accredit yours?

Who are the scholars with actual evidence to corroborate your stance?

Where is their evidence?

Lets just start there. If you care to respond, that is.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
(Proverbs 15:29) . . .Jehovah is far away from the wicked, But he hears the prayer of the righteous.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP
(Proverbs 15:29) . . .Jehovah is far away from the wicked, But he hears the prayer of the righteous.

TROLL FACE STARTS ABOUT HERE
Ok, so we are starting our discussion with a bible quote?

Or are you still ignoring me on the judgemental basis of me being a troll. Mind you your book says something about judgements.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
(1 Corinthians 6:2, 3) . . .And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not competent to try very trivial matters? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? . . .

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I HAVEN'T CAUGHT ON YET
Ok, another quote, when do I get actual words from QuinnP rather than a book that has been subjugated to mankind's scrutiny.

You do realize what you are quoting is an updated version of the bible right?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
(Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

DAMN I'M DENSE
This isn't an exorcism. you don't have to quote the bible to make me go away.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
(Proverbs 2:1-7) 2 My son, if you accept my sayings And treasure up my commandments,  2 By making your ear attentive to wisdom And inclining your heart to discernment;  3 Moreover, if you call out for understanding And raise your voice for discernment;  4 If you keep seeking for it as for silver, And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures;  5 Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, And you will find the knowledge of God.  6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; From his mouth come knowledge and discernment.  7 He treasures up practical wisdom for the upright; He is a shield for those walking in integrity.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Okay, you literally cannot speak for yourself. This is apparent.

I have no interest in talking to the bible, I have indeed read it.

When you would like to make a comment that is your own and not that of a man that re-wrote a book written by man thousands of years ago to be more culture friendly feel free to pm me.

I know I know, bible quote time.

Have fun with that.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
(1 Corinthians 1:20, 21) . . .Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Just don't feed the trolls.

Taking your advice and leaving the troll thread.

Good day to you sir, enjoy your delusion

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I guess I will say one thing to you. You do realize I did not reply to a single thing you said?
Excepting for this message.

You were talking to yourself the whole time

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join