It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am God and I am Love No Matter what you Have Been Told

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What exactly are you asking of me...?
edit on 5pm31America/Chicago3106America/Chicagopm554 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP
You know, I was sitting here thinking. What would God say about all of the people who accuse him of being evil because evil is in the world.

We might gently explain to you that your limited understanding and intellect hardly require God to answer for Ourself!
We might explain that all 'evil' and all 'good' that you perceive "in the world" exists not 'in the world' but in your own vain judgmental imagination/vanity!

We might explain, If We are feeling generous, that being Omni- we are EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE!
ALL of everything in existence!
Yes! We are ALL Love, unconditional!
We are ALSO all hate and all stupid and all genocidal, and all EVERYTHING!
To focus on just one quality, and disregarding all the rest, is myopic and ignorant, dualistic, conditional, vain...!
Anything that you fill in the blank is correct; "God Is _____!"

Moses found out when he asked God's name, the response was/is; "We Are that We Are/I Am that I Am!"
The blank does not get filled in so as not to lead ignorant and vain people in the wrong direction!

God's word/
ALL words are God's words!
ALL eyes are God's eyes!
ALL thoughts are God's thoughts!

And as far as your bible goes, after removing all the unenlightened, ignorant, foolish and toxic waste, we MIGHT have 10 pages left!
So save your desperate quotes; one out of a thousand lines might be worthy of quoting!
But no one will be able to quote those 10 pages to validate their hateful ignorance and sin!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: QuinnP

Yay another religious thread quoting a book written by man inspired by a god.

Does that not tend to happen in the 'Religion, Faith, and Theology' forum?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

And a simple search would find countless threads identical to this one where a reply could be added rather than make a whole new thread re-hashing the same old debate.

Guess that's what keeps the sub-forum alive though I guess.

I guess I do see your point there. But eh, why engage it?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Vector99

You are absolutely right. Love sucks. /sarc

Seriously, just because something comes out of a book with which you disagree does not always mean the sentiment is wrong.

I personally agree with the part of Quran 2:256 that states "there can be no compulsion in religion" despite being Christian.

I have nothing against people of religion, except for when they tout their book as fact.

FACT - the bible was written by man.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

a reply to: DISRAELI

And a simple search would find countless threads identical to this one where a reply could be added rather than make a whole new thread re-hashing the same old debate.

Guess that's what keeps the sub-forum alive though I guess.

I guess I do see your point there. But eh, why engage it?

I was bored and awake?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You know, I was sitting here thinking. What would God say about all of the people who accuse him of being evil because evil is in the world.

Then I thought, this is what he would say.

God is real. Many people do not want to recognize it, but I know it is true. Just as many others do. And if there is a God, and there is one, would he not be a God of love?

Imagine a universe without such a God. Well, people do all the time, and all science fiction movies, or fantasy movies of the future imagine a future where war and conflict go beyond the earth into the entire universe.

Of course that is IF the earth will survive.

What is love?

I think God stated it the best when he inspired the following in Holy Scripture:

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8) . . .Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.. . .

Of course this explanation of true love does not do it justice. For we know that the love of God transcends all human comprehension. All of it. There is no capacity in the human mind to fully understand his love.

Why does he get rid of wicked and evil people then? Many people may ask that.

But then, I would ask them to look inside themselves.

Even in our society where there are sick and evil people, the evil ones, who have been given free will, are taken out of society. And there are governments that allow the execution of them. Does that make these governments EVIL from protecting their citizens of serial killers, rapists, teorrists, etc?

Do you NOT imagine God has a very high, the highest moral value of all persons. He being the God of love? IF he executes judgement on a person or on a group of people, do you NOT imagine he does not only, not want to do it, but only does it out of love for the rest of humanity?

So when the end comes in this generation, as it did before, when a wicked world full of evil abounded, it is not because God wanted to do it. It is not because he enjoys getting rid of evil people. But because he, in his wisdom knows that is the only way peace will ever be on earth.

God loves you.

I could have quoted a million scriptures from God's inspired word here (figure of speech). But here a a few to make you think:

(Exodus 34:5-7) . . .Then Jehovah came down in the cloud and stationed himself with him there and declared the name of Jehovah. 6 Jehovah was passing before him and declaring: “Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth, 7 showing loyal love to thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but he will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation.”

(1 John 4:8) Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

(Ephesians 3:19) . . .and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness that God gives.

(Ezekiel 18:32) . . .“‘I do not take any pleasure in the death of anyone,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘So turn back and live.’”

I wouldnt ask him why he doesnt get rid of evil people, i understand that people have free will. I WOULD however ask him why in his "infinite" wisdom, he created Cancer, Ebola, Flesh eating bacteris, birth defects etc...

Thats entirely his doing. And thats why even if he did exist, i would never in a million years worship him. Not that he is real anyway.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

That's pretty short-sighted.

A perfect person would never get sick, EVER.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

god got sick of his creation once
Genesis 6-7

The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

God is a Spirit. He can't get sick with physical illness.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

Wrought with a sickness worse than physical illness. He despised his creation and destroyed it.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

Wrought with a sickness worse than physical illness. He despised his creation and destroyed it.
No. For you see, you are still here. If that were the case you would not be here. He only got rid of the people who acted wickedly. He saved the good people.

Everyone has freewill. And he has always known that in the end people who use their freewill to love good and do what is right and love their neighbor will far outdo those who did not.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

He only got rid of the people who acted wickedly. He saved the good people.

according to the bible he only spared noah and his family from the flood. He destroyed everything and everyone else.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

according to the bible he only spared noah and his family from the flood. He destroyed everything and everyone else.

And Noah was a witness of Jehovah. So according to the Holy Scripture you owe your life to a witness of Jehovah.

There will always be people who know and love Jehovah. There will come a day when all people will know him. And there will be no need to be a witness of Jehovah. For everyone will know him.

(Jeremiah 31:34)  “And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

You are talking to a living God.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

why do you kill innocent children with disease then?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

No on is innocent. Everyone is born into sin. Jehovah sent Jesus into the world to save the world of sinful humankind. Because he loves you, and he loves them.
edit on 14-5-2016 by QuinnP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

No on is innocent. Everyone is born into sin. Jehovah sent Jesus into the world to save the world of sinful humankind. Because he loves you, and he loves them.

The un-born are sinners? Are they resurrected? If not what is their sin? If so why keep sending them back? Do you like tormenting people for pleasure?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

The un-born are sinners? Are they resurrected? If not what is their sin? If so why keep sending them back? Do you like tormenting people for pleasure?

(Romans 5:12) . . .That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned. . .

There is no reincarnation. That is a lie.

A person when he is born he becomes alive. All humans come from Adam. And he sinned, and since he sinned, he passed on that genetic defect to all humankind.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Genesis 6-7

(Romans 5:12) . . .That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned. . .
Which bible are you using?

There is no reincarnation. That is a lie.
Prove it

A person when he is born he becomes alive. All humans come from Adam. And he sinned, and since he sinned, he passed on that genetic defect to all humankind.
So becoming alive is a sin? Which one of the commandments was that again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join