It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Makes Link Between Constellations and Position of Mayan Cities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Someone needs to help set up a gofundme account to help this young man achieve his dream.

This young man is hoping to go to the International Science Fair in Brazil in 2017 but is lacking in the necessary funds. If you are interested in helping him get there, you can contact him at [email protected]. Felicidades, William!

www.yucatanliving.com...

Thank you ipsedixit !

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Onesmartdog

Are you talking to William?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper

Are you talking to William?

No, just read what was posted in the article.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Thats to bad.. I knew about this for a while, i just didnt really care.. There is a book called ptolemys almagest i would torecommend...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OP

The book of Enoch says men were taught _javascript:returndiscernment of the stars by the angels in a world prior to this one. if that is true, it would
account for a lot of the nonsense we're sippoesed to believe. Nonsense that just doesn't seem to ring like truth.
edit on Rpm50816v27201600000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Kudos Onesmartdog and a flag for you. This is a great thread and an even better find for this young man. I wish we had more like him and he has a great future ahead of him maybe as an archaeologist working on the city he found to learn what we can. Good job and my best,

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
Kudos Onesmartdog and a flag for you. This is a great thread and an even better find for this young man. I wish we had more like him and he has a great future ahead of him maybe as an archaeologist working on the city he found to learn what we can. Good job and my best,

Yes, we do need more like him thinking outside the box.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Precisely, not only to have mapped the skies but also to then transform that map onto the earth with all the difficulties that would have involved. One question is whether people were slaves to this labour or whether it was a labour of love and done willingly as a collective.

I have terrific respect for the people of the stone age because they built some very beautiful architecture and managed to put it in some very challenging places and the more we learn, sadly the less we know often because some people don't want to update history and fight to keep a status quo. Fortunately our technology is helping to break this down.

I hope this will be checked all around the world. The concept of planning this literally without satellites or some form of aerial surveying to deal with construction difficulties is a fantastic accomplishment - I wonder how we would fare today. I suspect a good few people are saddened about the knowledge we have lost or had deleted for us.

I just love the idea of 'as above, so below' suddenly it is making such a huge statement we never really

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
As above, so below.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Fantastic information and what a lot to think about. I have to admit like many I have been focused on Egyptian culture more than South American cultures. However with the knowledge and observations made by the Mayan I suspect their culture is probably considerably older than we appreciate because it takes a long time to map and understand cosmology and they clearly were experts at it without our technology.

I wonder if, provided wood was available, they started out with wooden buildings and then superimposed these with their stone ones. If this is what happened we would have difficulty dating the start of their actual period.

Thanks for sharing this its one of the best archaeological finds ever made IMHO.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
When I read the OP yesterday I first feared it all just sounded too good to be true so I did a bit of digging until I was sure it was not just a hoax or some meager facts blown out of proportion to serve as click bait. What a great find! Non French mainstream media still haven't picked the news up which in itself may be something to keep an eye on.

The original article dates from Saturday morning. French MSM reported it on Sunday. It is now Monday morning in Europe and (as far as I can tell) still no mainstream media articles in any other language than French. Did this young padawan William Gadoury slip past the gate keepers of disclosure?

Anyway - this is so frigging HUGE

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Seems like this kid has been really into the Mayans for a while.

mobile.twitter.com...
Tweet from 2014 about one of his Mayan projects at some fair/expo

www.laction.com...
That is an interview and article (French) about that same expo. It is before this current discovery. He was only 13 so he has been searching for at least 2 years since then. It paid off!

I hope he gets to visit the new city if it turns out to be as great as it seems!

There are several articles about him the last few years if you search.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The fact the Mayans did this is basically so advanced that I'm weirded out.

It also makes you wonder if they were on to something beyond mimicking the cosmos.

I often feel the psychology of a place, I don't think that's too uncommon. The question is whether that's just a collection of social cues or whether it's something deeper. If the latter, you have to wonder if the Mayans were advanced in utilizing whatever that happens to be.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: slider1982
I would think if they could find a link world wide to other civilizations for me that would be proof that advanced peoples of the time had some form of communication and a common belief regarding the stars as building cities is not a 5 minute job.

Can you imagine the kind of control someone had over the population to make cities happen in specific locations?

If anyone knows of any really good study material on this subject, please let me know by replying to this post or sending me a PM.

Thanks,
Snarl

Yes it called religion. Look at radical Islam. happens all the time.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

what a delicious read and such an awesome discovery! Really made my early monday morning less bleak !!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Didnt edgar cayce predict in the latter days that their would be 3 big archeology discovery's that would be 3 vast libraries of the true history of the human race. One of those places he said would be in the yucatan area, another under the sphinx in Egypt and the third i cant quite recall, i think it was in the rise of atlantis around the bimini road?

Not sure but a great thread OP and a great discovery for this 15 year old. This is something i will be following closely

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
Didnt edgar cayce predict in the latter days that their would be 3 big archeology discovery's that would be 3 vast libraries of the true history of the human race. One of those places he said would be in the yucatan area, another under the sphinx in Egypt and the third i cant quite recall, i think it was in the rise of atlantis around the bimini road?

Not sure but a great thread OP and a great discovery for this 15 year old. This is something i will be following closely

Just thought id add i did a quick google search, edgar cayce predicted that 3 halls of records would be discovered, 1 being in the yucatan. It would detail the lost civilisation of atlantis and the true history of mankind.

Man im well excited now, this thread has made my day and its only midday

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
Just thought id add i did a quick google search, edgar cayce predicted that 3 halls of records would be discovered, 1 being in the yucatan. It would detail the lost civilisation of atlantis and the true history of mankind.

Man im well excited now, this thread has made my day and its only midday

Not to steal away your excitement or anything, and not to sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist or anything (or do I?), but do we really think that, even for a second, that if discoveries of this magnitude were found, that either (a) TPTB would 'allow' it to become common knowledge, or if it was made known, that (b) the average, apathetic citizen of the world would even believe it or care about it?

I would LOVE for there to be some written-in-stone information that explains everything about the history of mankind, but seriously, if it differed too much from what is officially accepted around the world (or, at least, in Western Civilizations), it would be dismissed as fantastical stories of a dead civilization, and nothing more.

It's sad to think about that reality, but unless we have tangible, physical evidence (other than written information) to go along with such halls of records, it wouldn't be much more than more fodder for people who think that those of us who have an interest in and hold some belief in the alternative possibilities for the history of mankind to call us crazy and ridicule our ideas.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy.

Signed,

Debbie Downer

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onesmartdog
Someone needs to help set up a gofundme account to help this young man achieve his dream.

This young man is hoping to go to the International Science Fair in Brazil in 2017 but is lacking in the necessary funds. If you are interested in helping him get there, you can contact him at [email protected]. Felicidades, William!

www.yucatanliving.com...

Thank you ipsedixit !

Be careful any type of causes, promoting, or looking for money on ATS will get the thread closed down, since it's against the ATS T&C. Even if they are good causes.

Great thread btw.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well, if Cayce made a prophecy that turns out to be true. Might not be crazy to think that all parts of it will become true, as in, we all find out.

As far as your B is concerned. Yes you're probably right. As long as we have the information to judge for ourselves though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join