It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as Colorado has no primary or caucus; cruz celebrates voterless victory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
** link / title is from drudge report, which is different than the one by WND.**

Drudge - FURY AS COLORADO HAS NO PRIMARY OR CAUCUS; CRUZ CELEBRATES VOTERLESS VICTORY / WND - Trump erupts as Cruz sweeps Colorado without votes

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump erupted on Twitter Sunday night, after a weekend which saw Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas sweep all of Colorado’s 37 delegates without any votes being cast by citizens in a traditional primary process.

“How is it possible that the people of the great State of Colorado never got to vote in the Republican Primary? Great anger – totally unfair!” wrote Trump.

He followed it up with a second tweet: “The people of Colorado had their vote taken away from them by the phony politicians. Biggest story in politics. This will not be allowed!”

Apparently the Republican party still does not comprehend the anger of the American people and politics in this type of scenario. Based on the article I think we will see this type of maneuver again to ensure Cruz gets the nomination over trump. Apparently the Republican party changed its rules to allow for this type of action.

What do you guys think? Anyone from Colorado affected by this and what are your thoughts?

edit on 11-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2016 by tothetenthpower because: *Mod Edit* - All Caps - Don't use Them.

ETA - Tothetenthpower
I did not use all caps. The Drudge report did. Thanks for the edit though.
edit on 11-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Apr 11 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Wow... its been an interesting time watching the republicans commit ritual suicide over a guy they invited to run for office.. dont know if I am getting more stable and seeing the theater more clearly as I age... or the world is just getting crazier.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I can't believe people are so surprised.

Everyone knows democracy is when the elites get to appoint who they want.....

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

A couple of things.

#1 - The US is not a Democracy.
#2 - It is a Constitutional Representative Republic.
#3 - The primaries are defined by the rules of the party and as such they can do idiotic things like they did in Colorado.

Surprised? I am actually since, imo, it demonstrates why the American people are fed up with the parties. To do this out in the open is ballsy to say the least.

I would laugh my ass off if the Republicans do this to get Cruz only to have trump win as a write in / 3rd party candidate.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I can not really put into words the sickness I feel for our country. Our rights as citizens only exist by the will of those in power who can change any law or make a decree to fit their purpose anytime they see fit.

Once upon a time voting was considered a sacred honor and we who voted believed we were helping choose the next office holder.. I am disgusted with the whole circus... call that an understatement too. .

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just to clarify this type of "voting"(primaries) is not linked to the US Constitution. It would be like McDonalds and Burger King deciding who has the best food in their respective menu's. Burger King allows their employees to vote while McDonalds decides to only allow their vice presidents to vote.

Come "election" day the people of the US go to the polls and decide which food choice is better based on the choices made by each franchise.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This is a state by state issue. Look at the local party leaders for caucus and primary rules changes that cause chaos. Imagine 50 different dictators when the republican party succeeds at giving power to the states.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Colorado make this decision to run its caucus this way in Aug of 2015. It basically became a test of a campaigns organizational skills. All completely legal under GOP rules, without any of the GOP candidates having a problems with it. Until now of course. Only Cruz showed up in the state at all because of that. Trumps peoples organization was reported to have been very poor by his supporters who were frustrated by them handing out outdated or completely wrong information. So of course Trump has a problem now with it. If things had gone smooth for Trump it would be Cruz complaining. However all of them knew the process as far back as August and nobody complained until now.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

A couple of things.

#1 - The US is not a Democracy.
#2 - It is a Constitutional Representative Republic.
#3 - The primaries are defined by the rules of the party and as such they can do idiotic things like they did in Colorado.

Surprised? I am actually since, imo, it demonstrates why the American people are fed up with the parties. To do this out in the open is ballsy to say the least.

I would laugh my ass off if the Republicans do this to get Cruz only to have trump win as a write in / 3rd party candidate.

It is a constitutional republic, build off the principle of democracy, where the people rule themselves.

But unlike a true democracy, the 2 wolves don't necessarily get to overrule the sheep about what is for dinner.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Colorado make this decision to run its caucus this way in Aug of 2015. It basically became a test of a campaigns organizational skills. All completely legal under GOP rules, without any of the GOP candidates having a problems with it. Until now of course. Only Cruz showed up in the state at all because of that. Trumps peoples organization was reported to have been very poor by his supporters who were frustrated by them handing out outdated or completely wrong information. So of course Trump has a problem now with it. If things had gone smooth for Trump it would be Cruz complaining. However all of them knew the process as far back as August and nobody complained until now.

So they just changed the rules a couple of months ago decided to cut out the voter?

How is it that that's ok with you?

edit on 4/11/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Probably because they did not think it would actually be used. What criteria did they use to assign the delegates to Cruz? Is it possible the GOP is scared because Trump might have won the state over Cruz?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Probably because they did not think it would actually be used. What criteria did they use to assign the delegates to Cruz? Is it possible the GOP is scared because Trump might have won the state over Cruz?

Why are they cutting voters out of the process?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep deciding whats for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote. The major parties can act like wolves all they want. At some point the "sheeples" will make a stand.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Why are they cutting voters out of the process?

My guess is they(the GOP) dont want trump as the nominee. Further I think they were scared the people would have voted for trump. If they could not guarantee a Cruz victory by vote, they remove the xfactor.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm from Colorado, the state is mostly Blue and Smart Business.

We already do most the # Bernie was offering.

As far as I know, you guys screwed yourself Republican Votes for a Hillary state. Good freaking job. A+++++

Cruz might win tho, it's just you murdered the youth votes, so now you better fear women.

Btw the "youth vote" is anti-establishment so it's probably just better we're off the map. We were picking Trump for fun.

The "good news" is the Trump supporters here probably won't vote at all now.

We don't need Bernie
We don't like Hillary
We don't like Religious/Federal oppression. Cruz abusing this is hardly in his favor.
Taxes dont piss us off. We like Business.

"Yey Hillary"
edit on 11-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So they just changed the rules a couple of months ago decided to cut out the voter?

How is it that that's ok with you?

They changed the rule half a year before the primaries started. None of the candidates had a problem with it because A it is allowed B they all thought they had a shot at it. This is the way things were done for most of our history until the 1970s when the parties decided to change and start having voting in primaries. Colorado has always had screwy primary caucus rules which has lead to end being irreverent in the primaries because they would end up supporting a random candidate barely in the race.

Knowing that this is the way it was going to be done Trump and Kasich did not bother going to the state and Cruz only went once. They instead depended on their organizations to compete among the 6000 delegates that would be caucusing.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

They did this before Trump was on the radar. The old caucus system kept making Colorado ending up with some outside candidate who was barely in the race making them irrelevant at the convention. They could not get a primary voting system in place do to party in fighting so they ended up with this. This is how it was done for most of our history it just seems odd to people used to the primary system of the last 30 or so years. Like it, do not like it but, it is within the rules and the GOP could choose its candidate by who can shoot the most baskets if the wanted to change the rules that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's kinda like this . . . . the Yankees playing the Mets in the world series. The Yankees have power hitters, but they tend to strike out a lot. The Mets have stronger pitching.

Stronger pitching always beats stronger hitting.

Now, it's in the best interests of Major League Baseball to have the Yankees win the world series.

So, they change the rules so there are 18 strikes to a strikeout.

The Yankees never strike out anymore.

They win.

Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

...the GOP could choose its candidate by who can shoot the most baskets if the wanted to change the rules that way.

It would be comical to watch those two spazoids, Cruz and Trump, shoot baskets.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Before I voice my opinion on the situation at hand, I feel it necessary to make something clear about my position on Trump, because it is important to know where a person stands on certain things, in order to understand the validity of their approach to others. Where I stand on Trump, is basically on his face, in steel shod shoes. I wish he would spend some of his fortune on getting aboard a space flight, so that someone can void the douchebag into space, and make him some other planets problem.

THAT BEING SAID....The situation with the Colorado vote appears dodgy as it could possibly be. There is absolutely no way to square what happened with the GOP choice to run affairs in this manner, with a democratic process and it is utterly vital that people take note of this point. You see, whether a voter is a Democrat or a Republican, the democratic process itself, the idea that each person gets to have a say in who leads them and how, is one of the many things that has been touted by Americans of every party, colour, and creed, to show that the United States of America is one of, if not the greatest nation on Earth.

Although those of a reasoning mind are more than aware that there is far more to it, the United States of America has staunchly placed itself in years past, in the position of a global policeman, taking particular issue with nations whose electoral process is either entirely non-existent, as in the case of dictatorships, or where such process as exists is entirely corrupt and about as indicative of the populations free will, as a diet of Twinkies and Mountain Dew is of the consumers wisdom regarding health and wellbeing.

Now, here on ATS, we know that the electoral process in the United States, is about as transparent as an engine block, and runs on petroleum product to about the same degree as well, but we are also aware that the thing that really marks the United States as being different from those nations that it's leaders have made bogeymen out of, is the pretence of free choice for the citizen, not an actual free choice. The whole grift, however, relies on all parties being prepared to go along with the charade, in order to avoid the truth from coming out, that being that like most everywhere else on the face of the world, the power is not with the people, but with a minority of persons who falsely believe that their wealth provides to them rights that are not held by the majority, the right to control, the right to oppress, the right to use people, companies, nations and continents as mere pawns.

Well the GOP have officially put a hole in the waterline of this charade, in doing what they have done in Colorado. There is nothing in the least bit democratic about what has been set in motion in this instance, and I think that as much of a detestable stain on the arse of humanity that Trump is, he SHOULD be outraged at what's been going on in Colorado, but not nearly as angry as should the people of Colorado.

My nation operates on a pretence of free choice in elections as well, and it is just as false, although hidden with better finesse, sophistry, flair one might say. Pretence or not, if someone took my right to have my say, whether I intended to use it or not, they would answer for that in very immediate, and uncompromising fashion. If my nation must be rebuilt on lies every so often, I will at least have the right to pretend that I believe the lie for one day every so many years. It is one of the few rights I have, after all!

I can understand the voters of Colorado being extremely displeased by all of this, and rightly so. I think the whole United States should be in absolute uproar, the streets of DC should be clogged with voters from every camp, every school of political reasoning, from staunch libertarians, to liberals, from republicans to fundamental constitutionalists, and everyone in between, such is the scale of this particular set of shenanigans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join