It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as Colorado has no primary or caucus; cruz celebrates voterless victory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Nah we don't give a fk. Colorado is the smartest state, it's obvious why this happened.

A Trump Vote is the equivalent of a No-Vote to us. The whole point was to entice panic.

Now we'll really be heard. Couldn't have worked out better.
edit on 11-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Entice panic in whom?

Please explain your position in a little more detail?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I see all over social media a lot of Ted Cruz supporters very proud of his "victory" in CO, but in all honesty this is basically a slap in the face to the constituents.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Ted Cruz supporters very proud of his "victory"

I would have contested that decision if I had been in Cruz's position. So , the Repubs are doin a gimme...
Anyone with any moral character would have. Says a lot about Cruz , huh ?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Trump was our favorite from raw absurdity.

The selection to us we thought showed displeasure with the system and we embraced Washington dealing with Trump.

No President works fine too.

We vote "DO THE ENTIRE DAMN THING OVER."
Anywhere from New System to re-election of candidates would probably please Colorado. Cruz and Trump is a joke, because Trump would win and we don't want him. Cruz we also don't want, actually less even.

Texas and Colorado are the last purple states, as everything else "purple" has fingers all over it. The rest are solid red and blue. Solid.

With this move, I see "don't vote" campaigns fighting a Hillary Landslide.

For 80% of women to be Hillary, or w/e, they sure don't live here. Bernie fits our motive, not our checkbook, and Cruz is a racist/whatever you want to call anti-LGBT bigot. Trump is only about Business, and we're a Blue state that -only- likes Business. Trump and Hillary fit the bill best, but Colorado is anti-Federal, and we ALL know where Hillary comes from.

Trump fit the bill, and we also hate him, but it's hate mixed with love in the Federal aspects.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You just don't get it do you?
From Hillarys super delegates to no vote Colorado....
Its all a Rich Mans trick....
There are no free elections...anywhere in the known world....
Its the people of the entire planet that are held hostage to the rich elite....
Confiscation of their wealth and power is the only way out....
But you just cant admit it....yet...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now We KNOW why Colorado legalized cannabis... And in this instance KNOW trumps "think" 'felt' or "believed"...

Most State inhabitants have to numb their senses with alcohol and/or Rx meds. but these folks at least get to get their 'heads tight'..

I'd swap them Flori-Duh Gov. Rick Scott who spent $75M of $$$ He embezzled from the Gov't. in a healthcare scheme to get a job that pays $237k/yr. How long does He have to work to get back some of that $$$?

If it was as warm as Fl. I'd already be there.

Oh and this also cuts down on the arguments when the question "Who'd You vote for"? is asked... Win/Win. Now perhaps this will clear any misconceptions that The People have a voice...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I still fail to understand your point.

If you wanted Trump, for ANY reason, whether it is because your state has massive love for the guy for some reason, or because you hate him the least of all the options available, I still cannot understand worth a damn, what panic this entices, which favours your position. All it means is, that a fellow who professes to faith and yet profanes the name of Christ by being intolerant of other faiths and lifestyles (judgement which no man of God has any business engaging in) has secured a state without contest, despite their being a significant amount of contest to be had in that state.

This is not a win for anyone, either as a knock on effect, or an immediate one!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This is one of a few issues I can agree with Trump! The system is rigged and it's not how a democracy should work. As a country who prides itself on free elections, this is far from it! This is no better than a tyrannical government stuffing the ballot box and selecting their candidate. The U.S. is becoming a mockery of the free world! Shame on us, if the people of this country defend this!

It's about time the people of this country send a clear message and stand together this coming election and vote ALL incumbents OUT! Even if you think an incumbent is good, vote them the hell out. It's the only way to get our elected representatives attention. Where it hurts, their pocket books!

Cruz is stealing delegates and he thinks he's going to win over Trump voters by doing so? Instead he's only going to lose all those voters support. He's a slime ball politician and gives credibility to his college buddies the guy was hated by many.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes. Colorado is intolerant to this Religious Freedom crap.
1.gays deserve rights
2.Mexicans deserve rights

We will take any Republican, that doesn't care,

Okay wait, let me rephrase that,

Any Republican(that is not a famous celebrity and can keep a slightly lower profile), about if someone is Gay or another race.

We want this rumored thing called
"SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE"

And the Religious people that live here started pushing that, not us.

I'm Transgender and I've never met a rude Christian or Mormon, here ever. They'd rewrite the Bible before they take it anymore.

Colorado was the sex change capital of the world for a while. Colorado has one of the largest Gay Pride Parades and Cruz said nasty # about it.

Trump fit all of that. Or at least 'the most'.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am not getting all the outrage. Both the Democratic and Republican National Committees are private organizations, meaning they make their own rules. If you register with either one (or both) of them then you are beholden to their rules which they can change whenever or however they want. They are not bound by General Election guidelines, they make their own rules.

Trump is getting out hustled by Cruz, that is the simple fact. Cruz knows how to play this game better and may or may not be getting better strategic advice on how to win over party delegates.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ok...

So what you are saying, is that far from being advantageous to you, or any position you hold on life, love, and the meaning of the universes very existence, this result actually sucks dirt through a straw.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

One thing I've learned about this election period. So many people don't understand how our election system works, yet they ALL want to jump in and complain whenever they think their guy got screwed over by it.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Ok...

So what you are saying, is that far from being advantageous to you, or any position you hold on life, love, and the meaning of the universes very existence, this result actually sucks dirt through a straw.

Well would you prefer to lick the dirt off the ground?

Yes. We're oddly Big Taxes/Small Government too.

Trump was our winner.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just heard a blurb, haven't looked it up yet that 6 states will not actually ask their voters who they want...

The outrage (for those that don't understand) is I didn't hear about this last year... I didn't know up to 5 other states ignore the voters overtly... it should anger every single voter in the country even if it doesn't have an effect on you right now. If they remove the people from the equation in one state whats to stop them from removing them from all states for the primary.

It boggles my mind that anyone would stay a member of the two parties that dont want you to have a say in your election options.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I was just trying to understand, from what you wrote in your first couple of posts, what it is you were getting at. It was impossible to tell where you actually stood, until you just clarified your position, and even then it was only the last two lines of that last post that answered the question even nearly.

Just a heads up, when I have a hard time understanding someones point, it is because someone did not communicate it clearly. I am sure you have an opinion worth hearing, so please make sure that I get the benefit of your opinion, by making your point clearly! It would be a waste to do otherwise!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How do they assign votes to Cruz?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

One thing I've learned about this election period. So many people don't understand how our election system works, yet they ALL want to jump in and complain whenever they think their guy got screwed over by it.

What?

People don't understand that the votes are just ornamental and parties choose their nominee.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Colorado voting points:
-Anti-Federal
-Gay Rights
-Big Taxes/Small Government
-Conservative Business Practices

Bonus:
-Womens rights

Cruz secured Hillary, but Trump was 3/4 of what we wanted.

Women's rights is a huge issue, and our women were about to ignore it(Donald). It's seriously somewhere between Hillary and No Vote, but trust me, a lot of people are pissed Red is off the board in Colorado, the Blue Business State.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What?

People don't understand that the votes are just ornamental and parties choose their nominee.

Apparently. Since people are constantly SHOCKED whenever something occurs during this election period that doesn't align completely within the scope of "most votes for candidate equals victory".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join