It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Bag on Mars?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I guess you mean this man's butt, well he should be careful next time when cleaning to roughly you can actually peel something off..

Do you know the source of that photo? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Its a NASA photo but not what you think, its part of the landers arm but the shadow places it against the craft making it look human, purely the angle of the light making a strange shadow.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I agree, having worked in plastics and engineering. My guess is it is industrial grade plastic wrap from some kind of packaging...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
As for the object in the OP's post, looks like a pigs ear that you feed to a dog as a treat, not saying it IS a pigs ear but its exactly the same colour and texture as one especially after a dog / animal has had a bite out of it..

Hardened dried out flesh?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Is this the time travel forum this is so Oct 2012

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I'd don't know about you, but I'm enjoying the discussions taking place. Roswell happened many years ago, does that mean we can't talk about that ever again and get fresh opinions?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Thanks. I thought it might have been a photo taken while one of the rovers was being tested on earth.

Here's something from a recent Curiosity panorama that I think is worth looking at and talking about:

s447.photobucket.com...[user]=144802562&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

trying to figure out how to post a link to photobucket
edit on 6-4-2016 by Constance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Constance

Maybe someone can tell me how to get the image icon to open a place to post the link. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

[url=http://s447.photobucket.com...[user]=144802562&filters[recent]=1&sort=1& o=0]http://s447.photobucket.com/user/constance523/media/1292%20M-34%202_zpsn5lezaja.jpg.html?filters[user]=144802562&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/url ]

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Giving up now.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Well if you Google " man cleans curiosity " you will get many discussions around this image, I believe members here on ATS have discussed this widely. .

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
My girlfriend said it looks like an aliens condom! Hhahahahaa, gross.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Did it fall earlier during the "Sky crane" landing...possible

I seriously doubt it.

When this image was originally taken during October 2012, Curiosity had travelled approx 400 - 500 meters from it's landing site.

The object in question is tiny...it's roughly 13mm in length (1.3cm / half an inch).

Think of how monumentally improbable it would be, especially considering the meandering path Curiosity has taken on it's route, to not only rove to the very spot this debris had fallen to after coming off the lander, but to see and image it too.

It's VERY unlikely to be debris from the sky crane or landing phase.

It would be like one of us flying in a helicopter over the sahara and dropping a candy / sweetie wrapper out of the window, landing, walking around in the sahara for 65 days in a very non-linear path, and then walking up to and finding our candy / sweetie wrapper.

Not much chance of that happening. Perhaps if there were dozens and dozens of rovers milling around the area, one of them might possibly stumble across the object..but not a single rover.

It's much more likely to have somehow detached from the rover itself, fallen and then the MAHLI cam imaged it.

From a 'conspiracy related angle'..the image of the Human-like shadow appearing to be working on the rover that has done the rounds, was taken by Curiosity on Sol 50...just 15 days prior to the image we're talking about in this thread.

Maybe the repair guy didn't clean up his mess.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Fresh opinions on what

External image

You will get the same theories as before NASA spotted it NASA reported it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It's from Sol 50.

There are two images taken with Navcam left A and Navcan Right A.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So, Occams Razor time...

Is it more likely that there was an "Alien" life form on Mars which used plastic, and that after millions of years and after all else was destroyed and no evidence remained, one small piece of "plastic" could be found right there on the surface and right there in the perfect spot to be found, as the only and single piece of "evidence" of alien visitation of this planet?

Or is it more likely that this is a small piece of identifiable plastic that came off the craft we sent there, and it was foind right there because that's where we are and that's where it was deposited by our craft after landing?

Hmm, I wonder.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

NO NO NO it is a condom The Martian wore and dumped off the road

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Its a stucco covered wall, with a little piece of plastic on it, and someone has zoomed in on it I bet. No way in hell, would there be enough resolution for a plastic bag to get back to us this clear.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And would this be a man standing on mars? lol

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join