It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity rover detects bright object on surface of Mars...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The rover took a scoop of dirt, and this fell out :scary:

NASA say...or would like us to believe should i say, that this is part of the rover. If this were part of the rover then how comes no one saw it in the scoop before? I believe this was on Mars before the rover arrived.

What do you think? Do you buy the official story or do you think this could be the first piece of evidence pointing to life on mars? NASA has said they will do no more digging until they can work out what it is.

www.foxnews.com...

NASA officials say the Curiosity rover has made its first scoop of the surface of planet Mars and has detected a bright object on the ground. Officials said in a news release Monday that they suspect the object might be a part of the six-wheeled rover, but they won't sample or scoop anymore until they figure out what it is.

edit on 9-10-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ahhhaha its a rock..... or whatever the hell that stuff is all over the place..

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Its not a rock, even NASA agree with that.

They have suggested it is something that has fallen from the rover. But this explanation doesnt sound plausible.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Its Unobtainium Rocks, Now send me on over there I volunteer. I only need a few things a mig and gas welder goggles gloves and a 12mil/half inch spanner Give me a few weeks and the new Atlantis 1 will be built. Will house 10,000.

That is a good start

edit on 9-10-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, here's my opinion.

First NASA lied to us because there were aliens in fleets flocking to earth. They had to 'wash' out images of the sky that we see in google sky, because it proved this.

Evidence #1. Aliens Are Coming.

Then, NASA lied to us because there were structures on the moon. They had to 'photoshop' out images of the surface that show areas where the Greys have things and stuff.

Evidence #2. Aliens Are There.

Not long after this, NASA lied to us because there are cities on Mars. They didn't do a good enough job of pixelating the houses and it looks like a 5 year old must have done it.

Evidence #3. Aliens Are There, and We Can't Work a PC.

And lets add a few random things in here and there, spice up the stew, so to speak. Like, the tether incident, the orbs that appear in uniform patterns, add some "What if E.T. was based on a realz??" and then we leave it a few months. Apart from Zorgon.

Now, NASA lies to us because there is indeed life on Mars. It's that small we need to see a drawing of it to actually see it, and not only that, but out of a gazillion places to land, the curiosity lands right smack bang not on a dead seafloor of decaying fishies, but where there is a single lone dead fishy, that has awaited millions of years for a curiosity rover to appear and rumble his pad.

Evidence #4. It's Life jim, but somehow strange fish on mars that have been dead quite a long time deserves the entire conspiracy of an entire government(s) colluding to hide this small fish, for fear it will cause panic and throw the entire human population into utter chaos, the likes we've never seen in all of history.

Someone might even blog about it.

edit on 9-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

They found it by chance, they dug up some soil, and hey presto, this thing falls out of it.

Im sure if the rover were equipped with a bucket much larger the discoveries would come flooding in. The scoop is only about 3 inches wide, so digging up tons of material is never going to happen. We have to wait, and hope it finds something near the surface, like in this instance.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Surely this anomaly seem out of place with the surrounding terrain.
Mole of Mars?
S&F.

NASA say the object might be a part of the six-wheeled rover

NASA, NASA, NASA.....

edit on 9-10-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Mole of Mars?
S&F.

NASA, NASA, NASA.....

haha NASA are a funny lot.

excuses excuses

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
oh you know
dont act dumb...its a seahorse-slug...which was ejaculated by the rover...its been a few months

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It reminds me a lot of a tooth..
A canine type tooth.. or perhaps of something a bit more vicious..

These are lion teeth.

What we see outlined in red in the vid is only an interpretation. I feel the jagged edge on the top right of the 'tooth' is nothing more than shadow and/or part of the stone beneath.

The same may be said about the 'mouth' bit on the bottom of the 'tooth'

but saying that, compare it to the lion teeth and you see a similar sort of gap, or 'mouth'.

The two lines that curve their way across the 'tooth' could very well be the gun line markers. The bottom bit is proportional to the rooted part of a tooth, whilst the top pointed part is proportional to the working end of a tooth..

Is this what we have here?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
It reminds me a lot of a tooth..

Is this what we have here?

erm...NO....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Have I missed something?
Could you please explain why you think, or know, that it is not a tooth?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Its a prawn...

Nasa scooped up a prawn...(probably left in the scoop when testing it on earth)

A99

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I think thats a good idea. It does resemble a tooth.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by Extralien

I think thats a good idea. It does resemble a tooth.

It resembles a prawn!

A99

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Yea it does...it looks organic, whatever it is.

Im sure the rover is on a lake bed, so maybe this is some kind of fish

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

mmmm....so to get this right, a man made machine gets landed on a planet, moves a couple of hundred meters, sticks a 3 inch wide scoop in the ground and finds something shiny. So either A) the place is crawling with this stuff, B) it's the luckiest coincidence in history or C) something fell off the machine (Nasa's fav). My question is why don't they stick the scoop back in and see if any more bits fall off the rover *cough*

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by winofiend

They found it by chance, they dug up some soil, and hey presto, this thing falls out of it.

Im sure if the rover were equipped with a bucket much larger the discoveries would come flooding in. The scoop is only about 3 inches wide, so digging up tons of material is never going to happen. We have to wait, and hope it finds something near the surface, like in this instance.

Which leads me back to the same question - Why bother to hide this?

There has to be some nuclear quantum fuzzy logic boolean operator plus sign ampersand operator going on for this tiny barely discernable object, to be the cause of yet another cover up!

Is it god?

Does it disprove god?

If it is a fish, it had better be a babel fish for this to be covered up. no?

*btw, the babel fish disproves gods existence.. *

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Looks like a Cicada / locust / Cricket wing or exo-skeleton

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Mole of Mars?
S&F.

NASA, NASA, NASA.....

What is worse, is that people are willing to believe in extinct martian fish rocks are somehow worth fabricating evidence against.

Does this fish really break your entire world? Or could, NASA be just really incompetent. It's not like they've ever blown people up while trying to get into space.. Oh wait.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join