It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Bag on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Firstly, I can't claim discovery for this as that belongs to the amazing JP Skipper and his equally amazing site Mars Anomaly Research. I have followed his site for as long as I have this one and have the utmost respect for his work and tenacity. The image itself has been taken from NASA's Mars Rover imagery and has not been tampered with by Skipper simply enlarged in the second shot. I suggest visiting his website for the image reference number.

My only question as a Brit...do aliens also charge 5 pence for plastic bags these days?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Amazing!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That would be a very very small plastic bag. Almost microscopic in size one would of guessed.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I agree, but to me it's a piece of plastic and nothing else...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You guys have to pay for those crappy plastic bags!! Outrageous.

That pic looks like the remains of a piece of melted plastic that might have fallen off one of the dozens of craft who've been to Mars. There's supposedly nothing there to see, but everyone can't wait to send probes to see nothing. I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Did a reverse image search.

Definitely from Mars. Before someone says it's not.
2012 to be precise.

CNN, NG, NASA.Gov etc.

Does look plasticky for sure.

Maybe debris from the landing.
It's an image in amongst Curiosity "selfies".

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Everytime I see one of these thread titles.. I roll my eyes..
Upon seeing it.. Was more like my jaw dropped..
I'd like to see the rock crowd explain that one, all I can think of it could be a part from the rover. amazing find, Well done...

Eta.. Or an old coke bottle in a desert on earth..

It does actually look like there is possibly a label or something printed on the underside..
edit on 5/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Below is a link to the Mars/JPL/NASA site with the image. Image was captured on Oct. 11th, 2012 (just 2 months and 10 days before the world ended.) It doesn't look as if they've published any extensive science behind their findings, but believe it to possibly be debris from the landing.

As for plastic bags - it's funny that everyone started switching to them to "save the trees", and now realize how much worse they are than paper bags. In fact, in Chicago proper you can't even get plastic bags anymore. I prefer paper anyhow.

NASA Link

It is about half an inch (1.3 centimeters) long. The rover team has assessed this object as debris from the spacecraft, possibly from the events of landing on Mars.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

One of the few "objects on Mars" threads that actually retains my interest.

Sounds like this is legit - and a very, very small specimen but seemingly out of place. Any experts willing to give a guess what it came from??

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
it is a piece of temporary plastic cover same as you get when you buy electric goods.
It's thought to have eventually fell of some part of curiosty back a while.

www.space.com...

Use the magnifyer here,

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
You guys have to pay for those crappy plastic bags!! Outrageous.

That pic looks like the remains of a piece of melted plastic that might have fallen off one of the dozens of craft who've been to Mars. There's supposedly nothing there to see, but everyone can't wait to send probes to see nothing. I don't get it.

I agree - it sure seems pretty important to see what's there. I think it's about a lot more than just "discovery" and preparations for our first footsteps on an alien planet (actual planet, not including The Moon.) I think there's "stuff" there, and there's a race brewing to get there first.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So thats where I left my errrr......herb

link   

IMO it almost looks like a sea-shell type fossil, the slight translucency does give it a plastic like appearance though. My guess is that it's a fossil from when there were oceans on Mars surface, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they found a body of water full of life, not that they would tell us though...

Definitely an amazing find

ETA:

Going to get my post count up so I can flag this thread....we need DEBUNKERS to tell us it's a rock.

edit on 5-4-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

link   

Looks more ike a fossil of some kind than a plastic bag!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Looks like it's sitting on a huge pile of good quality dry sift! Martian potheads!

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Everytime I see one of these thread titles.. I roll my eyes..
Upon seeing it.. Was more like my jaw dropped..
I'd like to see the rock crowd explain that one, all I can think of it could be a part from the rover. amazing find, Well done...

I really doubt anyone will try to explain it away as a piece of rock, but considering we use a lot of plastic, and we've sent a lot of stuff to mars, the reasonable assumption would be that it's a bit of something that we sent there.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Between that and the rodent, I'd say this whole rover thing is bulls#.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Humm... more like some kind of organic material
edit on 5-4-2016 by Helenamatias because: wrong word

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's a rock!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great Wal-Mart can deliver to Mars but takes 2 1/2 weeks to ship a water hose from the other side of the country!

Seriously though this is way cool. I do wonder what I would have thought of the image without being prompted beforehand.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My first impression was a Coca-cola bottle. I see some kind of label. The missus thought it was dead bird.

I dunno. It ain't no rock though.

I vote for coke addict Martians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join