It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Bag on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Looks like a brutally used condom if you wanna know the truth LOL

edit on 5-4-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They've already determined the Mars rovers are actually on some isolated islands in the Arctic. They just stick red filters over the cameras.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Looks like the end of a sealed plastic bag that's been ripped open just below the seal. *human style*

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
They've already determined the Mars rovers are actually on some isolated islands in the Arctic. They just stick red filters over the cameras.

"They've"...? Who's "they've"...?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Sounds like this is legit - and a very, very small specimen but seemingly out of place. Any experts willing to give a guess what it came from??

Sure, it came from Earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Surely, but specifically what part of the rover did it come from?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
My bad, sorry.

I found this, but there have been 43 missions, so finding that specific part would be awful difficult, I would imagine.

Mars Missions

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Thanks, it blew my mind too! JP Skipper was ( I am assuming he may have passed away) an amazing researcher and deserves so much more fame and respect than he currently has.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ATS has changed so much. This bit of fluff was a many many page thread several years ago (you look it up).

I think at that time the general consensus was it was a piece of 'containment packing' that comes off landers when they deploy chutes hi in the Martian atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have another question. If this piece of material is from NASA equipment or is of no consequence, why take a picture??

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
On a side note, does anyone know the altitude of this location because all the rocks look like pebbles.

Now glaciation and natural erosion on beaches smooth jagged rocks to pebbles forming conglomerates when the sediments are compressed into bedding plains.

So if plastic naturally floats then this geographical location would have to be near a old beach before Mars' oceans got vaporized.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

COCOON ? MM now there would be a story..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander

My mind is open to what you posted, but who are "they" ?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
Firstly, I can't claim discovery for this as that belongs to the amazing JP Skipper and his equally amazing site Mars Anomaly Research. I have followed his site for as long as I have this one and have the utmost respect for his work and tenacity. The image itself has been taken from NASA's Mars Rover imagery and has not been tampered with by Skipper simply enlarged in the second shot. I suggest visiting his website for the image reference number.

My only question as a Brit...do aliens also charge 5 pence for plastic bags these days?

It looks like the leftover shell of an insect after molting. Like a butterfly or one of the other insects who leave a shell of its former self after it goes through a big change.

Definitely organic.
edit on 5-4-2016 by lostbook because: word add

edit on 5-4-2016 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Even our robots litter everywhere they go.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

This image from the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) camera on NASA's Mars rover Curiosity shows a small bright object on the ground beside the rover at the "Rocknest" site. The object is just below the center of this image. It is about half an inch (1.3 centimeters) long. The rover team has assessed this object as debris from the spacecraft, possibly from the events of landing on Mars.

Plastic wrap torn apart due to the landing event. Hmmm. Who would have thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That is exactly what I would expect to find in the Nevada desert....

The question is, what are they really spending the Mars missions money on??

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I was going to say don't you hate litter??!!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Looks like a brutally used condom if you wanna know the truth LOL

ATS "reply/post of the day" nominee.

Sadly, and as funny as that sh$t would be, NASA/JPL says the brutally used condom hypothesis doesn't measure up.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Typical of ATS to go bonkers over a piece of plastic already explained a long time ago.

edit on 5-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join