It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panama Papers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

When i bashed your beloved news outlet the BBC and its credibility i was referring to the BBC's pedo scandal that had being going and apparently now its all clean right?
edit on 4-4-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: buddha
Some thing stinks about this !
400 journalists are a part of this !
NSA CIA FBI KGB CI5 would ALL know about this.
and No one stop't them???? no one's dead?
this IS a set up.

more resons for THEM to attak USSR and others.

The journalists are the ICIJ - International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
www.icij.org...

Having all those people would be the only way to investigate all those millions of documents. You could fill 2.7 Terabytes of data on a single 3.5" hard disk drive, Technically, that's 2899102925 bytes assuming 1K = 1024 bytes

But how does 2.7 Terabytes of data become leaked. It would take 5 minutes to download 1 Gigabyte. This involves 2700 times as much time.

Strange how this hasn't been investigated before. But when wealthy people talk money, they don't use the internet, and the bank comes to them, they don't go to the bank. They used middle-men.

You are joking I presume. If not then forgive me moderators but sometimes utter stupidity has to be called out. You can purchase a 4Tb USB drive for buttons. It will fit in your short pocket. You then plug it into ANY computer on an internal network where the data rate is considerably higher. By the time you have gone and made yourself a cup of tea and come back it will have downloaded all the data you need DUH!!!! Oh and if you are will to spend a little more money then purchase an SSD and the data will download jig time.

NOBODY would download that over the web unless they wanted to get caught or were a moron.

FYI I chose a 4Tb drive because drives tend to come in binary sizes 1,2 4, 8, 16 etc. There are occasional mid size drives but these are most likely a higher capacity drive with bad sectors that have been mapped out.....not to be trusted!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Way, way, way too much to dive into extensively in a post. But I will take one tiny example out of this in an attempt to illustrate (what I hope is) a point.

Mentioned in this leak is Bank Rossiya's involvement in a money laundering ring, possibly implicating close associates of Putin. (Again, this is just one example, not singling out any nation or person specifically over the countless others. That's not my point.) Now, this bank has been the target of U.S., EU and other sanctions since the Crimea crisis. (Or as I see it, the first shooting in the second Cold proxy war between the West and Russia.) Now... I could be wrong. But it strikes me as improbable that various heads of state, intelligence analysts, economists, and other assorted power wielders would be well versed enough in the activities of Bank Rossiya to target it in a sanctions regime... yet know nothing about this (for the moment, alleged) money laundering. Eh?

One has to ask why then, at a time when any and all public relations (read: propaganda - truthful or otherwise) means at both sides' disposal are called for in the effort to de-legitimize the other, no U.S. or EU press briefings when drumming up public support for sanctions and crafting the public narrative as pertains to those events ever decided to mention, "Oh and by the way, we think Putin or his close associates might be involved in illegal money laundering."

Of course, to do so they'd have to call attention to the means and methods by which such shell companies are constructed, why and how money is laundered, and that multiple sitting heads of state might be directly involved. Which might lead one to speculative - speculate, mind you - that they themselves are also tied to this or other similar questionable ventures. Which I think we all pretty much infer by default most extremely powerful and wealthy interests the world over are.

It is often asked, "How, in a century where everything is online, cameras are everywhere - including in our pockets - and information is ubiquitous, do the powers that be maintain their secrecy and power and the integrity and security of their long term agendas and machinations, if indeed such conspiracies exist? It just isn't possible this day and age, is it?"

Well, it seems the answer is: secrets can still be kept when bringing them to light would damage or expose more than just one party, thus ensuring that even adversaries who would use any other leverage at their disposal to combat one another, will protect some secrets lest they damage themselves in the process as well.

This is why in order for a controlling or guiding conspiracy to exist on an international scale as some speculate, I've long held - if if exists, which I'm not saying it does - it would not need to be some monolithic cabal in absolute lockstep. It would merely need to consist of collective systems so damaging politically should they ever be exposed, that all parties - even parties in every other way diametrically opposed or even in outright full blown conflict - would never think of exposing or impeding them.

Just a thought/point.

Peace.

edit on 4/4/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
a reply to: alldaylong

And how many of them are being mentioned by the news media outlets? oh yeah ZERO, ITS PUTIN WHOSE NOT EVEN ON THE ACTUAL PAPERS

Correct. However, his friends, associates, banks etc are. Either Putin is the most stupid blind naive person on the planet just like everyone else who claims "I knew nothing" or those who believe he knew nothing are stupidly naive. Take your pick it's one or the other.

Remember Sepp Blatter of UEFA who had nothing directly linked to him........DUH!

This is more a case of those who looked up to Putin finding out he really is as bad as those of us who are level headed stated for years. Cognitive dissonance in spades amongst the Putinites.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well this leak has been a life changing event for my nation.

For those who are talking down on this leak because it failed to mention Hillary Trumpbama, keep in mind that this is only the 4th biggest off-shore company over there...there is still hope for Americans to be involved since they're the biggest baddest everything in the universe.

As for me personally, the protests tonight were possibly the biggest yet in Icelandic HISTORY. This means the files leaked now, made more people angry than when the global collapse happened some years ago and trust me, we were mad as hell back then too.

Our Prime Minister is probably one of the biggest assholes in history, he's JUST turned 40 and yet his political career is finished. His antics were worse than of those who came before him too...because we've been trying to rebuild our nation up after the global collapse and he's been trying to do his job to ruin it all. I just want to say I did not vote for this guy 3 years ago and I'm ashamed for every single person in my country who did...because every single one of them put the elite back in charge who were responsible for our collapse back then and guess what?? IT HAPPENED AGAIN! F...idiots!

I also hope this deads a lot of the wrongful Utopian claims about Iceland being the paradise that jailed all the bankers. Only a select few went to jail and they went to the luxury jail where they can still work and operate computers. Not a lot has changed over here.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How does the information found in the #panamapapers affect the average person?t.co...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Banks and firms use the deep web to hide documents.
but there's people capable of accessing these files..

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Willtell
Left Wing Blogs Hit Pieces on Putin may Indicate their CIA Fronts

Why would two left wing blogs emphasis ONLY Putin in their headlines in the Panama money scandal leak. Why point out Putin here in their headlines?

Check it again when more news comes out tomorrow.
Did you expect them to be psychic?

The first story to break was that of Putin. Whether you think that's biased or unfair or whatever is up to you, but you can't claim that this is all a western plot against Putin when plenty of other nations have now been forced to open investigations into their own politicians, their own wealthy public, their own corporations.

You all seem to think this is all so one-sided, when all our news media are going after EVERYONE, not "just Putin".

In fact, right now we're watching the updates about France, about Iceland, about Ireland, about Spain and Italy, about Australia and New Zealand, so where the f is it "all only about Putin"?

You don’t believe the CIA peeks into the news cycle and distorts it for psychological warfare purposes?

…And gets it’s puppets to distort stories?

If you don’t, I have some land to sell you.

"What the 'Panama papers' mean for Putin"

Meanwhile, Eurasia Group President Ian Bremmer warned that the revelations could threaten the stability of some regimes like Russia.

"Vladimir Putin is directly caught up in this," he told CNBC Monday, claiming that the $2 billion could be "a tiny fraction of how much the Kremlin has actually been laundering."

Source- Yahoo

Some "regimes" like Russia? Well, there you go, plot or not against Putin.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

this will be huge! zerohedge.com already has several stories...and they involve ATS like conspiracies galore!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

I've been to Niceland and the economy has rebounded there (.is) much better than the US - and you managed to put a few bankers in jail. Barely ONE banker was sentenced here....

I hope this is the start of the global plutocracies unveiling - from their eyes wide shut party of massive wealth transfer to themselves over the last 60 years...

There is much , much more coming...the German magazine editor tweeted"Just wait to see what is still coming..."

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
One of the interesting things in all this is the "damage control". Be very alert to that.

We have Nordea Denmark who publicly announce that they will stop all collaboration with Mossack.
What they DON'T say is that they will stop all collaboration with the offshore tax evasion companies.
There is a significant difference.

Like when Bjarne Riis was asked if he was doped and he answered "I have never been tested positive". Not quite the same as saying "No".

These are the type of denouncements we need to be alert to.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Regarding whether this leak is politically calculated or not - I see people taking positions but it is too early to say. I think a big clue will be if American heads roll or not. The fact that ICIJ is Soros-funded is at the very least worth noting, the guy is a known propagandist and psychological warlord with insurmountable power. If what a previous poster said about the 'who supports us' links on the PP website being recently removed and/or made invisible is true, that is worth scratching your chin over. Too early to say though, why not just present information instead of reiterating the same assumptions over and over....

ETA: If this is accurate, why would these Soros-backed news outlets not be covering the PP if this thing is all part of his plan?

Wish I had time to screenshot every link that's been posted so far. Something tells me there will be some scrubbing. Maybe I'll try to throw it all in the WayBack machine when I get chance.

edit on 5-4-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Keeping the American citizens out of this keeps the other firms going.If it named American names the entire shell company industry would fall.This reads like the plot to a Steig Larson novel.I'm expecting Mossack Fonseca's head of security of having an "accident" right after he or she is fired.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
Keeping the American citizens out of this keeps the other firms going.If it named American names the entire shell company industry would fall.This reads like the plot to a Steig Larson novel.I'm expecting Mossack Fonseca's head of security to end up having an "accident" right after he or she is fired.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
a reply to: jpharn
Nevada, Wyoming, and South Dakota are the new Switzerland and Cayman Islands. That is why there aren't any Americans on the list.

I was about to add this.
The US doesn't really need a tax haven, because there's plenty within the US for these people to use anonymously in almost the same way they would use this company in Panama.

Why take your money out of the US to Panama if you can achieve the same level of criminality within the country?
And yes, it most definitely IS a crime. When you hear these c**ts saying it's all "legal", it's only legal because they've legalized this for themselves, for the benefit of themselves, at the expense of the rest of society.

It's not legal for you or I to do it, to hide money away, but it's legal for them to do it because they're rich and can afford to use these schemes for their own benefit.

And to the (now banned?) member claiming this is all fake, clearly it's not, this has all been verified and even those implicated have admitted their involvement while claiming they've done "nothing wrong". If you're suggesting this is all fake while seeing the evidence that it isn't then you are a class-A moron.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Massive thread about a massive distraction

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Massive thread about a massive distraction

Okay, so it's nothing but a distraction in your opinion, a distraction FROM WHAT?

You go and look for that, and we'll carry on watching this amazingly important, true conspiracy being uncovered.

You people are strange, you crave conspiracies and then when one of the biggest we've ever seen is outed right in front of you you all start claiming it's a "false flag" or a "distraction".

I think you need to learn how to reign in that irrational paranoia, it's not healthy.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
we should expect the next false flag attack before the information comes out in May then.

a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I read that is because of the "shell companies". It will take a lot of journalistic digging to find the kernels.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
The fact that ICIJ is Soros-funded is at the very least worth noting,

I keep seeing this suggested, but where is the evidence?
Is there any? Or is this just yet more bs from the paranoid who think their own shadow is a conspiracy?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join