It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panama Papers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+130 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Anyway:

A giant leak of more than 11.5 million financial and legal records exposes a system that enables crime, corruption and wrongdoing, hidden by secretive offshore companies landed in the lap of Süddeutsche Zeitung - and they decided to share with loads of other news media.

Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca’s files include the offshore holdings of drug dealers, Mafia members, corrupt politicians and tax evaders – and wrongdoing galore.

"Include 11.5 million records, dating back nearly 40 years – making it the largest leak in offshore history. Contains details on more than 214,000 offshore entities connected to people in more than 200 countries and territories. Company owners in billionaires, sports stars, drug smugglers and fraudsters."

"Reveal the offshore holdings 140 politicians and public officials around the world – including 12 current and former world leaders. Among them: the prime ministers of Iceland and Pakistan, the president of Ukraine, and the king of Saudi Arabia."

"Show how major banks have driven the creation of hard-to-trace companies in offshore havens. More than 500 banks their subsidiaries and their branches – including HSBC, UBS and Société Générale – created more than 15,000 offshore companies for their customers through Mossack Fonseca."

And there's a special website for it as well.

"The leaked records — which were reviewed by a team of more than 370 journalists from 76 countries — come from a little-known but powerful law firm based in Panama, Mossack Fonseca, that has branches in Hong Kong, Miami, Zurich and more than 35 other places around the globe.

The firm is one of the world’s top creators of shell companies, corporate structures that can be used to hide ownership of assets. The law firm’s leaked internal files contain information on 214,488 offshore entities connected to people in more than 200 countries and territories. ICIJ will release the full list of companies and people linked to them in early May."

I did a search on ATS and found nothing. And I really think this should be public knowledge.

Perhaps I chose the wrong forum, but then a moderator can move it to the correct area.

edit on Mon Apr 4 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

Wow, if this is real, this is going to break a few people, politicians and corporations I know directly. Lol. Time to get the popcorn and rope maybe?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/3.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Glad to see this is exposed. Now if only there was a list of names! Would there be tax evasion charges involved? (I don't know much about being very, very rich.)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Glad to see this is exposed. Now if only there was a list of names! Would there be tax evasion charges involved? (I don't know much about being very, very rich.)

There are already names named.

More will follow.

This is what Süddeutsche Zeitung says themselves (in english)

The Irish Times

Malta Today

I expect a number of people are VERY concerned at the moment.

edit on 3-4-2016 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just saw ONE of the documents. A Danish bank was mentioned as being very active:

"Mr. Dalsgaard and Mr. Fischer visited our offices. Radomski and Owens explained about Mussfon and MF Trust services and about our necessities regarding Private Banking.
MS Trust and Business Center premises were shown.
They said that Jyske bank created about 2000 companies to face the European Savings Tax Directives basically using Panama and Gibraltar products."

It is also shown that one particular person (Leticia Montoya) is CEO (Director) in more than 11000 companies at the same time (apparently connected to Nordea) and more than 24000 in total.

Leticia was approached by a french television crew on her adress, but she denied being her.

edit on 3-4-2016 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

originally posted by: angeldoll

There are already names named.

More will follow.

This is what Süddeutsche Zeitung says themselves (in english)

The Irish Times

Malta Today

I expect a number of people are VERY concerned at the moment.

And for once , Auntie Beeb ...
www.bbc.co.uk...

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Tomorrow i need to change bank i have been customer since childhood.. Nordea. News tells that this bank has made hundreds of bogus companies in Panama and guided wealthy bank customers to hide their taxes through them.

Today Nordea told that they will help their customers to pay their taxes they own to government and not abandon them. You know who in the end game pays those taxes these wealthy customers owe.. the average joe´s.

I hate this and i hate that bank i have been a customer so many years ( all my life ) is involved in such a scam. I can´t trust them anymore.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

We can only hope that....

Cheers - Dave

+37 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This. Is. HUGE.

This should be the top story on ATS right now. This should have 100's of flags.

This isn't just about Panama, this touches on every facet of big banks, big industry, and politicians around the globe.

There are at least 12 heads of state implicated in this:

Mauricio Macri, president or Argentina.

Bidzina Ivanishvill. ex PM of Georgia

Sigmundur Davío Gunnlaugsson, PM of Iceland. (The something-something was me being a lazy bum, sue me)

Ayad H. Allawi, ex PM of Iraq.

Ali Abu-Ragheb, ex PM of Jordan.

Hamad Jasim J.M. Al-Thani, ex PM of Qatar.

Sheik Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar.

HM King Salman, King of Saudi Arabia

Ahmad Al-Nirghani, ex-president of Sudan

Sultan Al-Nahyan, president of the UAE.

Pavlo Lazarenko, ex-PM of Ukraine.

Petro Poroshenko, president of Ukraine.

SOURCE

David Cameron and 6 members of the House of Lords may also be tied in with this:
Source (non-English)

It seems most of the US/English speaking news sources aren't picking up on this... I WONDER WHY?

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is in a flurry, yet the USA sleeps in on a lazy Sunday.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wow , this is big.
Can't wait to see the vermin scurry now the rock has been lifted .

The leaked data covers nearly 40 years, from 1977 through the end of 2015

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I can't find the source, but Snowden himself has said this is the biggest leak in the HISTORY OF DATA JOURNALISM.

We're talking everything from tax evasion to the slave trade (human trafficking). 11.5 MILLION documents.

The fact that no US citizens are on that list is trending on Twitter as we speak. Mighty suspicious if you ask me...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It might be a date we'll remember forever.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Link is broken???

Will check out HolgerTheDane2's links. Since the info covers 40 years, I hope everyone is prosecuted that is found associated with these crimes.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Propably Finnish Prime minister is involved too as he has used Nordea´s "Nordea Capital Private" investment idea according statement he has given to Parliament. Propably most of our ministers are involved including my ex employer.

This is going to explode everything we have believed, people who runs our country in top seats. Europe is already unstable and you can bet it is getting worse...

Can we have our EUROPE forum now ( grins )

I wonder when SHTF here if i am able to get my money out of that bank.. or are they lost forever.... ( so pi$$€d atm )

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's just been mentioned on the BBC news. However, they have exposed a Russian who is close to Putin and concentrated on him.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

According to the Guardian, the leak is one of the biggest ever, comprising 11.5 million documents and 2.6 terabytes of information drawn from Mossack Fonseca’s internal database. Mossack Fonseca, according to the Guardian, is a Panama-based law firm whose services include incorporating companies in offshore jurisdictions such as the British Virgin Islands. The firm is the world’s fourth biggest provider of offshore services and has acted for more than 300,000 companies.
www.breakingnews.com...

I can't even fathom that much information. And being leaked? Must have been a PdO employee or one heck of a brave person willing to expose corruption. TOOOO weird no names from the US. Makes no sense because there would be some.

Ohhhhh, but here's this:

edit on 3-4-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wonder how many "airplane crashes", "car accidents" and suicides we'll be hearing about over the next year...?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Some thing stinks about this !
400 journalists are a part of this !
NSA CIA FBI KGB CI5 would ALL know about this.
and No one stop't them???? no one's dead?
this IS a set up.

more resons for THEM to attak USSR and others.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Quick reminder that the #PanamaLeaks are from the 4th largest off shore firm. There are 3 bigger. Tip of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Some thing stinks about this !
400 journalists are a part of this !
NSA CIA FBI KGB CI5 would ALL know about this.
and No one stop't them???? no one's dead?
this IS a set up.

more resons for THEM to attak USSR and others.

Yup sounds about right. Even exposing a con job is a con job these days.

Funny though 400 journalists probably equate to a team of 8 from just about every agency you listed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join