It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panama Papers

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They're protesting in Iceland ...

" anger and shock over recent news concerning the finance of the leaders of the two ruling parties in the government, the independent party and particularly the progressive party "

“Elections Now” – Icelanders fired up and ready to protest

Truth be told, if there were anything to be exposed by this "leak" this would
be the greatest evil amongst it all....surely this is happening in the majority
of governments, absolutely in the U.S. Look no further than all of the so
called watch dog "agencies" caught in scandal, but no reform ever comes
from it; because in the end it is all about the money.

Mossack Fonesca, just one firm among many that create legal documents
to make legal the shell companies whose purpose is largely to hide money
not just for the wealthy, but for Governments.

The real scandal here is that the banks are hand in hand with Governments,
and this is why companies like Goldman Sachs pay politicians like Hillary
to be an "oracle".

Soros, The Clinton Foundation ( to name a few yes there are more)
...favors for foreign governments...most of that money came through
these shell companies. Those will be the companies that
were filtered out of this leak. Those will be the companies
that were deleted and scrubbed by Mossack Fonesca.

And the proof of this is right here.

Mossack said he and Fonseca used to keep a vast inventory of “shelf companies” on hand because banks would request as many as a hundred at a time. www.zerohedge.com...

And here:

In fact, information revealed from the capture of over 11 million documents shows that not only did the law firm of Mossack Fonseca function in the capacity of hiding wealth for the rich and powerful, but they also acted as a conduit for government accounts which were used for performing off-book activities ranging from money laundering, funding political coups, ways for nations to bypass sanctions, and even paying off burglars involved in the now infamous Watergate break-in.
www.roguemoney.net...

There is the real scandal, imo.

But all of the media fingers are pointing at everything else....
which leads me to think this "leak" is more about social engineering than
anything else. Until there is reform in government and politicians are held
accountable, the real problem will continue and the masses are distracted
blaming the "wealthy" while the uber criminals get off Scot-Free

edit on 5-4-2016 by burntheships because: fix links and typo

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
It's intentionally done to get rid of Mossack Fonseca in order to benefit the Rothschild firm in the new tax haven of Nevada, U.S.A.. The clients are collateral damage IMO (even though a lot of them, but not all are indeed corrupt).

When people could willfully come knocking at US firms' doors instead already? Doubtful.
Internal industry backstabbing I might be willing to entertain, a la somebody has a biiiig client someone else might be very pissed off over, but I highly doubt it's all a big conspiracy to take it over entirely. This company isn't even the biggest rodeo in town, after all.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Read the Bloomberg article.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Bernie in 2011 on the Panama agreement:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just to clear up why not more people in the USA have been named...

Where are the Americans in the Panama Papers?

Key word "Panama". Ever since Bush Senior invaded Panama and toppled the government, US players looking to hide their money go to Cayman, British Isles etc.

And when wealthy Americans do want to evade taxes, they turn to Bermuda, or the Cayman Islands, or Singapore. They don’t park their money in Panama.

“Within the [high-net worth] world, there is a national taste as in anything else,” said Edward Kleinbard, a professor of law and business at the University of Southern California, “and I think Panama is a disfavored country among U.S. advisers because it is viewed as an outlier relative to world norms.”

If the Panama Papers had come out in the early 1980s, the scandal may have implicated far more Americans. Back then, experts say, Panama was a popular spot for parking money offshore for its lax bank secrecy laws and currency controls. But in 1989, under then President George H.W. Bush, the U.S. invaded Panama and deposed the military dictator, Manuel Noriega, and wealthy Americans have largely avoided the country since.

At the same time, countries such as Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) and the Cayman Islands all have changed their laws to court investment, giving them significant advantages over Panama. Those three countries operate under a derivative of English common law, which gives American lawyers a sense of familiarity and confidence in their legal systems. Further strengthening that trust, Panama is a Spanish-speaking country, while Bermuda, BVI and the Cayman Islands all use English. Wealthy Americans are also more confident in the political systems of the three countries as opposed to Panama, which many see as more unstable.

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxBman006xX
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I have read every post and it still seems off to me. This leak goes back decades..........yet i'm not seeing much of anything about the U.S.I know more is coming........I'm waiting!

Did you read about the 5000+ American names on the list?
Did you read that there are more companies like that?

Last numbers I heard from Denmark was that we have more than 300 names on the list. And to be honest, I think it would be wrong to name all 300 of them. Mostly because it isn't illegal to have an offshore company. What is illegal is defrauding the state of tax-money or laundering money.
The names I want to see is those who actually have done something illegal.
And as we can see - days go by and more and more names are becoming public knowledge.

And to be pragmatic - it is in every news medias interest to milk this for all it's worth.
There will be a balance between being the first with certain names and stringing it out.
Not to mention being ABSOLUTELY certain to doublecheck facts before publishing.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just saw on our news that Mossack were handling the creation of 240 THOUSAND companies.

THAT is truly mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And ya'll hear that Sander's called it back in 2011 when Obama and Hillary pushed for the fair trade deal with Panama?

Sanders pointed out in his 2011 speech that Panama’s economic output is just $26.7 billion per year. That is just two-tenths of one percent of the entire U.S. economy. “Deepening” our economic engagement, as Clinton put it, would not enrich our nation substantially. It would not create a significant number of jobs, and it certainly would not (and has not) stimulated much in the way of economic growth in the United States.

Back in 2011 Bernie Sanders told congress:

"...the trade agreement with Panama would effectively bar the U.S. from cracking down on illegal and abusive offshore tax havens in Panama. In fact, combating tax haven abuse in Panama would be a violation of this free trade agreement, exposing the U.S. to fines from international authorities.”

Huh, and Hilary pushed for it, and made this statement in 2011:

“The Free Trade Agreements passed by Congress tonight will make it easier for American companies to sell their products to South Korea, Colombia and Panama, which will create jobs here at home. The Obama Administration is constantly working to deepen our economic engagement throughout the worked and these agreements are an example of that commitment.”

Source

Interesting stuff....

edit on 5-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Guardian reports that it has confirmed that at least 200 American citizens are implicated in the Panama Papers. The names include a convicted Ponzi Schemer currently serving a 13 year jail term and a Florida billionaire found guilty of forging fake sculptures. Also included in the list of names is Benjamin Wey, president of New York Global Group, who was already charged with fraud last year. None of the names are of American politicians.

source: www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Panama Papers could hand Bernie Sanders the keys to the White House

www.independent.co.uk...

So they definitely got something on Hillary I would say

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is apparently how the US destabilised the Middle East, causing the well marketed Arab spring. Wikileaks, which is lead by the closest think to an MKultra victim that I've seen...was promoted in western media, primarily THE GUARDIAN...and the earth shaking leaks it continually drip fed it's readers were, well, not earth shattering, what so ever. I, like a lot of people, wondered what all the hype was about but I didn't find out until a long time later.

Whilst we were getting a bunch of "leaked cables" that supposedly damaged the US, the same wikileaks was used to disseminate extremely damaging portions of "leaked cables" concerning Middle Eastern leaders and how they were cheating their populations financially. Sound familiar?

Against the backdrop of a global recession stories about Arab leaders ripping everyone off was like adding a spark to a gasoline soaked atmosphere. This was the real purpose of wikileaks.

It had to be sold as an organisation that was set up to damage the US because otherwise the media in the Middle East would have not touched it with a bargepole.

We are seeing the same tactic with these "Panama papers". I haven't checked but it will not surprise me if this was broke by the guardian. The guardian that also brought us the limited CIA hangout Snowden.

The panaman papers again is a Trojan horse, like wikileaks and snowden.

They made a point of pointing out another bunch of Arabs, no doubt from countries not already toppled during the Arab spring..and obviously Assad and oh so predictably Putin has been smeared, what a shocker.

They had to include Cameron's conveniently dead father, who wasn't a political leader anyway, as a way of giving this leak legitimacy. To say "look, we've included something to embarrass Cameron too, see this is obviously legit"...but nope, it just stinks to high heaven, as usual.

Question is, will the Russian population actually give a damn? Well, the people behind this leak must believe they will otherwise this strategy wouldn't have been employed.

And guess what, the Chinese leader is also being linked.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Counterintelligence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I was wondering the same thing. It seems like middle eastern monarchs are really, really into shell companies. At least according to this:

Here's the Price Countries Pay for Tax Evasion Exposed in Panama Papers

According to The Hidden Wealth of Nations, over 50% (!!) of financial wealth of Gulf Countries is held offshore.

--

Does anyone know the names of the other top shell company firms? I keep hearing Mossack Fonseca is the "4th biggest" but no one says who are the other 3 (or 10, or 50 for that matter).

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Apparently, the Russians will be looking after them :

Russian investigators to launch criminal probe after Panama data leak

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

If that is so, then the Rockefellers, the Rothschild's and their friends really love Bernie.

Panama Papers Psyop by Real Elites: Soros, Rockefeller Foundation, Carnegie, Openly Behind Them (Video)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I saw an article about a lady who ran a company in one of the tropical islands. On paper, she was a powerful business mogul because her company was "handling" a ridiculous amount of international companies. But when the lady's company was looked into, it was basically a small company that simply registered all of those companies to help their tax situations. They could claim they were registered in this country and receive the benefits of it, while having its actual headquarters in wealthy countries. (note: A lot of tax haven countries don't charge taxes on profits made outside of their territory.)

Haha! Found it while I was typing this.

Sham directors: the woman running 1,200 companies from a Caribbean rock

At the age of 38, Bradford-born Sarah Petre-Mears is running one of the biggest business empires on earth. Or so it would appear.

Official records show her controlling more than 1,200 companies across the Caribbean, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand and the UK itself. Her business partner, Edward Petre-Mears, is listed as a director of at least a further 1,000 international firms.

But the true headquarters of this major businesswoman remains mysterious. The UK companies register lists 12 addresses for her, several in London. None are real homes: several are PO boxes, collecting mail for hundreds of locations, while others merely house the offices of incorporation agencies.

It's actually an incredible article and is worth the read. And note, the article is from 2012.
edit on 6-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Swiss Police raid UEFA HQ as Panama Papers scandal spreads www.rt.com...

This is the end of the current world order, no matter what comes next

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Very interesting, Bernie sanders and fans better be all over this and bring the internet to its knees pushing that info out.

They need to go 3/4 retard (never full) in making this stick to Hillary.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you're looking for Trump links to Panama, it's 961 ft tall.

Now, does it serve as a laundry as well, that's another question.

British banker linked to North Korea’s nuclear research

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And in other news, in a coincidence just two days after the release of the Panama Papers, IRS headquarters in DC, according to the AP, has suffered a fire in its basement and will remain closed for the rest of the week for repairs.

I wonder how many important records 'accidentally' got destroyed, even though they said the fire affected the air handling system.

It could just be a coincidence. No really, it could...
edit on 6-4-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
a reply to: woodwardjnr

If that is so, then the Rockefellers, the Rothschild's and their friends really love Bernie.

Panama Papers Psyop by Real Elites: Soros, Rockefeller Foundation, Carnegie, Openly Behind Them (Video)

Do you have anything more substantial than a blog website called "era of wisdom," that links to a YouTube video?

Not to be "that guy," but the Panama Papers is 2.6 TB of information.

I'm not dismissing this is a psyop because YouTube says so... lol.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join