It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple to Ba’al, Will Stand in Times Square

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The title is an intentional lie, of course. The Temple of Ba'al is not being rebuilt, a replica of the gateway is being erected. There will be no statue or ritual objects. It is simply an example of historical architecture. The symbolism is direct: Islamic State can try to destroy humanity's cultural heritage in order to replace it with their blasphemous death cult, but humanity's artistic spirit will survive.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Klassified
No bias in that article, is there? Ahem.

This should stir things up a bit. I can't say I'm a big fan of celebrating baby murderers, but then the Jews and their "god" committed genocide, and murdered 42 children, among their other atrocities.

Versus the Holocaust?
WTF are you on about?!
Are you frikking serious or just low IQ bigot?

Karma.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Again, as I said, I can get that idea, but why two of them, and why are we not recreating all the other icons of humanity's cultural heritage (like the giant stone Buddhas) that have been destroyed by Islamic radicals in their quest to make their own preferred heritage the only one left standing?

There were three ancient sites of worship and three ancient temples that were destroyed in Palmyra that had to do with ancient deities, so why only rebuild one replica and why rebuild two of it?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

www.breakingisraelnews.com... 7

will create a full-sized, 15-meter tall, 3D-printed replica of the entrance arch to the Temple of Palmyra, one of the few elements of the destroyed temple still standing. The pieces will be made off-site and then assembled in place in London’s Trafalgar Square and New York’s Times Square. The arches will be centerpieces for the UNESCO World Heritage Week in April.

Its only a replica of the entrance arch. I'b be more worried if they replicated the Kaaba or some other "power" object.

To the christians a bit of a reminder...

Jehovah and Yahweh are Baal
12tribes.blog-pad.com...

also

wol.jw.org...=5

the Hebrew word baʹʽal is employed with reference to (1) a husband as owner of his wife (Ge 20:3); (2) landowners (Jos 24:11, ftn); (3) “owners of the nations” (Isa 16:8, ftn); (4) “confederates” (literally, “owners [masters] of a covenant”) (Ge 14:13, ftn); (5) owners or possessors of tangibles (Ex 21:28, 34; 22:8; 2Ki 1:8, ftn); (6) persons or things having something that is characteristic of their nature, manner, occupation, and the like, for example, an archer (literally, “owner of arrows”) (Ge 49:23), a “creditor of the debt” (literally, “owner of a debt of his hand”) (De 15:2), “anyone given to anger” (literally, “owner of anger”) (Pr 22:24), “judicial antagonist” (literally, “owner of judgment”) (Isa 50:8, ftn); (7) Jehovah (Ho 2:16); (8) false gods (Jg 2:11, 13). The term hab·Baʹʽal (the Baal) is the designation applied to the false god Baal. The expression hab·Beʽa·limʹ (the Baals) refers to the various local deities thought of as owning or possessing and having influence over particular places.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that burned

Past history.

The Christian god condemns the guiltless through Adam, up until today;...and there is one of those temples on most corners.

You do the math

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So rebuild the giant stone Buddhas instead of honoring a religion that sacrificed newborn infants to their deity?

Why does Buddhism get a free pass??
For your enlightnment

www.bbc.com...

primejunta.blogspot.com.au...

newhumanist.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Observant point. I'd be interested in seeing who really funded this idea and some of their other pet projects. The symbolism of 9/11 was a topic for my psyche class the week after it happened and we all noticed that whoever planned the attack hit America in the heart ( twin towers) the mind ( Pentagon) and spirit ( possibly whatever the last plane was supposed to hit)

These globally minded people love symbolism. There is more to this, I'll be willing to wager on it.

Thanks for bringing attention to it, OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
... so no issues with so many confusing Moloch with Ba'al, nor YVVH with El, or any semblance of historical accuracy here?

Not surprising.

Back to reality:

What is being built in New York and London are reproductions of the entry arch of an ancient temple destroyed by terrorists.

It so happens that the arch was the only thing "left standing" ... the memorials are intended to show that our culture survives regardless of violence and ignorance.

New York Times Article

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

and we all noticed that whoever planned the attack hit America in the heart ( twin towers) the mind ( Pentagon) and spirit ( possibly whatever the last plane was supposed to hit)

How do you get a heart from the twin towers? More symbolic of business and finance, concrete obelisks ; the Pentagon symbolic of a war God more than anything else.

If your evaluation comes up with the heart and mind I would either question the cool aid your class was drinking or if that line of thinking is ubiquitous in the American mindset then all hope for humanity is lost?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Of all cultural icons that ISIS destroyed, they had to pick child sacrificers.

Maybe they could have picked a symbol of something that wouldn't be so offensive to the Jews, Muslims, and Christians of New York. I mean people are always complaining about political correctness, this is about as politically incorrect as it gets.

They can do what they want, its no skin off my back, I just think its a poor decision on their part.
edit on 30-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

edit on 30-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Rocker2013

Well, that's disturbing. And gross.

Indeed it is, and it's from CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURE.

You see, Christians (and Catholics, and plenty of others) like to preach about how terrible all other religions are, about how disgusting and amoral Atheists are, while completely and utterly ignoring the fact that their own religion preached murder, slavery, war, rape, infanticide...

I really hate hypocrisy, but I seem to hate it more when it's a religious person claiming other religions are all evil while theirs is perfect.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Abysha

Are you waiting for total world devistation from outside forces before you says, "whoa, was I wrong! Sorry!!"

There is nothi g but doom in most countries, the USA being no exception. Or are you just an osterich?

Tell me how everything is horrible and worse in each country. If you do, I will show you how it's actually better than it was in the past.

I think a lot of you are allowing yourselves to think these things for the same reason people think mass bird deaths are new and other things. We have far greater access to information than ever before so pessimists are naturally going to notice more bad stuff than ever but the rest of us might notice the big picture and realize things are actually looking up or at least "not the worst".

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
S&F thanks for the thread.

I don't see it as a NWO testament. The same NWO(hijacked) that has tried to take and use in the name of the gods of polytheist religions for nefarious reasons, as it does with the major three religions to help divide, start wars, etc. Also, Ba'al, or Bael, is not Moloch. This is rather about taking back what daesh took from Syria's history. As well as reflecting the freedom of religion in America that seems to be forgotten.
edit on 30-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Who exactly are "they" again?

Just curious, also, how in the cosmos do you see this as a matter of "political correctness" (unless you're talking about your reaction, of course)?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ba'al and Yahweh are more closely related than some of you think. And neither are Moloch.

It's like you're confusing Superman with the Hulk and arguing about which one could whip Santa Claus.

edit on 30-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I personally don't care about what goes on in Time Square. I just find it ironic how a pagan symbol that is rooted in child sacrifice is so blatantly displayed before the public as if it were a cultural treasure. I know that at least the Bible considers Baal worship to be an abomination, so why display something associated with death that has potential to offend so many people?

I am of the understanding that Molock is another cultural name for Baal. Can you provide documentation that says otherwise?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I think Baal was actually one of the original Hebrew names for Yahweh but I could be mistaken.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So don't worship it. Put another way, just because American Idol's on doesn't mean I have to watch it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: johnsequitur1221

They can do what they want. Its their freedom of speech, but think about this:

What would the public reaction be if they placed a model of the Ark of the Covenant or the Ten Commandments in Time Square? It would be a fire storm all over the MSM.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: mamabeth

People have been ranting that it's the end times for the whole of recorded history. I'll believe it when I see it.

You know ... something tells me that actually living to see the end of the world would be a highly overrated experience. It's full of all kinds of nasty ways to die and then, assuming none of those get you, it all ends and you die anyway.

that's not how it works

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join