It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple to Ba’al, Will Stand in Times Square

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know so. Only the Priest is allowed to do it though and it's done by giving the woman something called "Bitter Water". Then if the baby is aborted it's because God made it so.

Why the need for the bitter water I don't know because I'm sure God could do it anyway, but whatever.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looks like its only going to be there for the month of April, and its only going to be the arch.

Still, April 3rd/4th is the anniversary of the Crucifixion. It would be interesting to see what will happen on that day.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Baal has different iterations, traits and meanings to different cultures. Not every cult that worshipped it practiced human sacrifice. To view it solely from a typical judeo Christian perspective is to massively oversimplify it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Baal has different iterations, traits and meanings to different cultures. Not every cult that worshipped it practiced human sacrifice. To view it solely from a typical judeo Christian perspective is to massively oversimplify it.

There is some truth to what you're saying, but...
1. The original Ba'al cult sacrificed children.
2. Some Ba'al cults still do mock sacrifices from what I've read, but I don't have a link at present to back that up. I'm going from memory. Unless we want to include Moloch, which is often thought of as a sect of Ba'al worship.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First comes the Times Square Temple. Next, the city of New York will institute a 1/4 mile quiet zone around the temple, so as to not offend the worshippers. The lowering of the ball to celebrate New Year will have to be relocated. Too much noise.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
First comes the Times Square Temple. Next, the city of New York will institute a 1/4 mile quiet zone around the temple, so as to not offend the worshippers. The lowering of the ball to celebrate New Year will have to be relocated. Too much noise.

Right now, it's just supposed to be a replica.

I'm mainly just curious why they are building two of them. The argument about recreating some ancient ruins that were lost is fine. I would want to see the Parthenon recreated if it were ever destroyed. But if we are now recreating monuments lost in this manner ... why not the giant stone Buddhas and why only the Temple of Ba'al when so much else has been lost and why two of the Temple of Ba'al?
edit on 29-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Pssst ... she's reptilian. Dontchaknow?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Everyone that is super offended by this maybe should join ISIS? You guys seem to share a similar distaste for ancient artifacts.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Everyone that is super offended by this maybe should join ISIS? You guys seem to share a similar distaste for ancient artifacts.

Offended by it? No. Suspicious of the motive? Maybe.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself. I love ancient history, architecture, and artifacts. No matter what past civilization they come from, but as Ketsy said "Suspicious of the motive? Maybe." Not maybe for me though.

The only reason I can come up with thus far, is what I quoted in my earlier post. Seems to be a lot of resources expended, just to make a statement about religious extremism, though.
edit on 3/29/2016 by Klassified because: Reword

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

But what if you're offended by it because it's Religious Nonsense and Psycho Idol Worship Hooey???

Do we have to join some cult then??? Because I don't want to join some other crazy cult just to be offended by another crazy cult.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No just do what we always do, sit back & laugh at the total nonsense of it all.

One side thinks they can hocus pocus reality with their pile of rocks & the others are concerned that this pile is an affront to their pile of majikal rocks.

Always entertaining.

K`

Besides anyone who's anyone knows that the old spirits are still trapped in flesh & not soon to be released.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You are all aware, no doubt, that this same temple was also used as a Byzantine church as well as a mosque? I think it's inappropriate for my own reasons but I just wanted to make sure of/point out that little bit.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulVisions
You are all aware, no doubt, that this same temple was also used as a Byzantine church as well as a mosque? I think it's inappropriate for my own reasons but I just wanted to make sure of/point out that little bit.

All religious beliefs are inappropriate in public as far as I'm concerned.

But, if you allow one, you allow all.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

BLASPHEMY!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm sorry. I meant that I felt it was inappropriate placing this controversial item. Too many reasons to avoid doing it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
No bias in that article, is there? Ahem.

This should stir things up a bit. I can't say I'm a big fan of celebrating baby murderers, but then the Jews and their "god" committed genocide, and murdered 42 children, among their other atrocities.

Versus the Holocaust?
WTF are you on about?!
Are you frikking serious or just low IQ bigot?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulVisions
a reply to: Annee

I'm sorry. I meant that I felt it was inappropriate placing this controversial item. Too many reasons to avoid doing it.

No different then placing a cross.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Just a name swap from missing;

New Amsterdam became New York, i know, New Babel!!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
To be fair, it is contested whether children were cremated before or after death. In the West we tend to believe Roman black propaganda.

However, I agree it is suspect to have two reproductions, besides the fact that they are in financial centres. Perhaps because:

"This was not a common event, and it must have been among an elite because cremation was very expensive, and so was the ritual of burial."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join