It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple to Ba’al, Will Stand in Times Square

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Totally awesome.

I fully support equal rights for non-Christian belief and lack of belief in America.

It's been a real fight to get this far.

Indeed it has, and we still have a long way to go.

I originally asked why this temple, and why the chosen locations. Maybe this...

Ironically, the Temple of Palmyra, lauded as a symbol of defiance in the face of religious extremism, was built for ancient idol worship which preached a form of moral decrepitude that may sound startlingly familiar.

...has something to do with the reason for selecting this particular temple, but that still leaves the locations chosen a mystery.
edit on 3/29/2016 by Klassified because: missing line

edit on 3/29/2016 by Klassified because: spacing

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

So you are in full support of a practice that burned newborns alive in fire?

No religion is innocent. Not even Christianity.

Christians need to stop being so sanctimonious.

Ancient history is brutal. It was a different time. Different cultures.

Comparing it to today's way of thinking is ignorant.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: mamabeth

People have been ranting that it's the end times for the whole of recorded history. I'll believe it when I see it.

You know ... something tells me that actually living to see the end of the world would be a highly overrated experience. It's full of all kinds of nasty ways to die and then, assuming none of those get you, it all ends and you die anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So rebuild the giant stone Buddhas instead of honoring a religion that sacrificed newborn infants to their deity?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Hillary said she was going to sacrifice a chicken to Molech, in one of those emails.

The end is nigh

Oh for pity's sake. Here's what she said:

In an email from August 29 2008 that has just been made available to search by Wikileaks, a senior government staffer writes to Hillary Clinton, “With fingers crossed, the old rabbit’s foot out of the box in the attic, I will be sacrificing a chicken in the backyard to Moloch . . .”

Read it. It says a government staffer WROTE THIS TO CLINTON.

It is obviously a joke. Sigh. Someone who places sacrificing a chicken in the same category as crossing one's fingeres, and owning a rabbits foot. It's on the same page as "Paris Hilton has converted to Islam" and Owen Wilson has committed suicide. That was as much as I could take, but I'm sure there are more repulsive claims on there.

Shame on you Storm.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Well ... you know ...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Rude!

Not cool talking about women's looks!

Off-topic: listening to town hall and Cruz just said "aloha Ackbar." *snickers*

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Hi Slayer. They did that here in Detroit. Ill admit it was a bit distressing walking by their booths at all the fairs in summer, but I came to realize something.

All this can be taken two ways. One, its a sign of the end of days. Or two...its a way to bring more attention to whats positive and whats negative, good and whats bad.

And I think more will see it and come to the light gratefully...than will throw down their religions and join the opposition.

So let them bring it on. Good will triumph....

Thanks Slayer for the thread.

MS

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So rebuild the giant stone Buddhas instead of honoring a religion that sacrificed newborn infants to their deity?

If they put the Temple near an abortion clinic, it might be fitting.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Of course, that's the whole belief. That's what it's all about.

Like withholding medical care in the name of Christ is representative.

Ancient times/cultures had different superstitions/beliefs and values.

Again, the sanctimonious Christians have enough blood on their hands --- that judging others just makes them sound ridiculous.

All beliefs evolve over time as culture and society change.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's a statue. It only has as much meaning as one cares to give it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ba'al huh. Sure, why the hell not?? I don't see how it's any worse than a dying man nailed to a cross bleeding and looking to be in terrible pain and suffering. What's one more crazy Religious Idol going to matter now anyway. It seems that many people seem to like all those superstitious and horrific looking images for some reason. Why not celebrate the insanity with some more works of art dedicated to it.

End times??? Come on. The only End Times that are likely to happen is the one caused by the Religious Crazies Themselves making it happen so they'll finally be right about something for once. No outside forces or beings have anything to do with that though. Once again, it will all just be Human Ignorance, Fear and Bad Ideology that will bring that into Reality.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ah, that good old American hypocrisy again: religious freedom is great, as long it's the right religion?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If they put the Temple near an abortion clinic, it might be fitting.

Psalm 137:9 - Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Well, that's disturbing. And gross.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I've heard these are only the first two of many that are planned.

Yeah, they gotta get things ready for Ba'al's return. Only seven months away by my calendar. Today its just for "educational purposes". Tomorrow, it will be temple prostitutes and human sacrifice....for "educational purposes", that is. Gotta keep it multicultural.
edit on 29-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: seven

edit on 29-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ba'al/Cthulhu 2016

Still better than Hillary.

(and still a better love story than "Twilight")

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Honestly, my first thought upon reading the headline was 'Isn't Times Square already a temple to the pagan gods of materialism and excess? What's one more pagan idol, more or less?'

Interesting read, thanks, Slayer!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Abortion is in the bible too ya know???

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: DBCowboy

Abortion is in the bible too ya know???

If you say so.

top topics