It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 411 Thoughts and Possibilities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just giving a heads up that I received an email stating that the newest book is available. Called Missing 411 Hunters

I haven't checked yet but I'm hoping it is a return to the wilderness mysteries.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe he will finally say that he thinks it is Bigfoot. Maybe he will say that each one is the most mysterious ever. Or Maybe, he will stop leaving out info in order too make it more mysterious than it really is.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: anton74
Maybe he will finally say that he thinks it is Bigfoot. Maybe he will say that each one is the most mysterious ever. Or Maybe, he will stop leaving out info in order too make it more mysterious than it really is.

I doubt he will ever say what he believes it to be as he has stated that he doesn't want to be "that ____ guy". Imagine if he thought it was unicorns doing it? lol I wouldn't read anymore books and I'm sure there are people that would stop as well if it didn't fit into what they think is happening.

I'm interested to know what information you think he is leaving out?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

I doubt he will ever say what he believes it to be as he has stated that he doesn't want to be "that ____ guy". Imagine if he thought it was unicorns doing it? lol I wouldn't read anymore books and I'm sure there are people that would stop as well if it didn't fit into what they think is happening.

First of all, He owns a Bigfoot Website.

Second, He and Les Stroud know each other

Third, Do your own research into some of the disappearances. They aren't as mysterious as he makes them to seem. Some of those cases have been solved. Some of them even left Suicide notes.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Thank you for letting us know. It is definitely a must purchase for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

First of all, He owns a Bigfoot Website.

Second, He and Les Stroud know each other

Third, Do your own research into some of the disappearances. They aren't as mysterious as he makes them to seem. Some of those cases have been solved. Some of them even left Suicide notes.

First: Okay, that has been discussed already and brought up. Most everyone who knows anything about that knows that his early bigfoot work led him into his current books.

Second: I'm sure they both know a lot of people. Les Stroud is interested in bigfoot, but I fail to see what other connection you are making here.

Third: Have done my own research and included the newspaper articles in this thread. I would be interested to know which ones left suicide notes, if you happen to remember. I know some of the disappearances have been solved, but I don't think they were any of the spectacularly weird ones.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I dont think i'll be buying these books anytime soon. www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1469799265&sr=8-19&keywords=Missing+411

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Why not!?!?
Who doesn't have thousands of dollars to spend on a book!? lol
Those are resellers that are trying to take advantage of selling his books. They list it on Amazon or Ebay because those are the easiest to find, his website isn't the most user friendly.

Here is a link to his website where the books are waaaaay more wallet friendly.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Lot of speculation of bigfoot seems like.I have been in a lot of remote areas and never saw evidence of one,but that doesn't convince me there isn`t something out there.I did hear a scream one night that I can`t identify,wasn`t an owl,bobcat or anything else I can ID.Some people I trust completely had been trailing a deer a few days earlier and said something or someone had thrown rocks at them nearby,so who knows? When I see proof I will believe,till then I think it`s most likely something more normal that's happening to these folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I love that people keep coming back to Missing 411! I read the first 4 books (haven't been able to purchase 5/6 yet) but they grab me totally.

Not gonna get too into it at the minute, as I've been away from the books for a while. I'm mainly commenting so I don't lose the thread.

But, some thoughts I have had during my time with the books...
These disappearances aren't a new phenomenon, they've been happening for a long time.
Whatever is behind them selects people based on some criteria that is unknown to us.
I don't believe the cause is supernatural. I believe it is something physical, something measurable and something observable.
I believe this because there are cases of people seeing and hearing "things". Sometimes groups of people.
I believe the being behind this is completely and totally physically superior to us. It will be faster, stronger and possess reaction times that make our movements look like slow motion.

And one of my favourite riddles from the books. A case in 'Western' involved a young, autistic boy going out with his dad. I can't recall names, but the parents were seperated, and it was father/son time. They drove up to the mountains, got out their car and crossed the road heading towards a river and down a hill. Trees were sparse yet somehow the kid vanished. Dad looks around and eventually calls for help. Long story short, the dogs are called and can't track a scent.
Now, as far as I know no one has considered this option. Paulides even says the dogs couldn't find a scent. BUT, beside the car was a wall that ran alongside the road. The dogs tracked back the way the car came from, and eventually stood up at the wall and barked. Paulides, and the SAR teams, took this as the dogs had no scent. I take this to mean the dogs did track, and they tracked well. They followed the scent of something that had hopped the wall as the car passed, followed it until it pulled over, then waited for the right moment to grab the boy.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

Excellent. Its not like Paulides himself was there to draw upon his knowledge and experience, but rather a group searching, in a conventional way, unaware of all of the minute details often associated with these strange disappearances.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sounds like a big cat`s method.Leopards are very stealthy killers and often take a victim without sound or leaving a trace.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ever since David wrote his first 411 book, a lot of other authors sure have started writing on the subject too. So much so in fact, that its being diluted just like UFO and Bigfoot books are with all of the various theories.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Another quite real danger to people. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry about the bad link. On youtube there are interesting videos about the drug cartels growing huge crops of marijuana in our National Parks and other public land. People who stumble into these areas are in extreme danger.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tomcat007

This has been a passion/obsession of mine for awhile (what happened to the people, the bodies?) and I have quite a few friends and acquaintances who go out into the woods alone. I do the same, likely foolishly, but I can't find the same solitude with a partner.
Anyway, there are a few things, not just grow operations, that one wouldn't want to stumble up on. I have and I never felt threatened or in danger necessarily but, knew that I was certainly in the wrong place also.
I realize that this could explain some of the disappearances but I just don't/can't believe it explains them all or even a majority.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Drug growers are almost certainly behind some.The main suspects for me would be serial killers.animals,falls,drowning and accidents,don`t think anything supernatural is happening.It`s easy to get hurt in backcountry if you aren`t familiar with the dangers.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The author paid particular attention to the missing kids. There are many instances of them going missing when with a dog and with huckleberries growing in abundance. I don't find that mysterious. Many animals feed on huckleberries like deer, and bear. The dog smells or hears an animal and runs off after it and the child follows the dog and gets lost. Possibly ends up being abducted or running into another danger. Dehydration and exposer are also real threats. There are common mundane dangers like lightning and falling trees and branches. The author listed inclement weather as a factor too. Dogs can't track as well in a storm or after an area is soaked. Snakes, yellow jackets, bees, hornets, poisonous plants and mushrooms can all kill too depending on a persons reaction, and sensitivity. For adults, heart attacks and strokes are another possibility. If someone dies in an isolated area, and there are animals and scavengers feeding on them, as well as ants, and maggots, a body can practically disappear in a short period of time.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tomcat007 Exactly,also here in East Tenn. there are many caves,abandoned wells, and sinkholes someone can easily fall into and never be found.Less exciting for some to consider than a bigfoot,but 1000 times mre likely.I have been all over the Cherokee national forest and found many old homes with abandoned wells and many caves that someone could disappear into and never be found.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I ran across one of those a few years back. Not a large one by any means, but it was large enough to know it wasn't there by chance.

I left.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join