It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 411 Thoughts and Possibilities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I am still thinking about these possibilities of what is causing this. This seems far fetched but so do most of these Missing 411 stories. If Randy Cramer a.k.a Captain Kaye story is true about Reptilians, Mantids and Time Travel with portals then Missing 411 would make some sense.

Mantis Man skip to 29:00 minute mark.
Randy Cramer a.k.a Captain Kaye skip to 24:33

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pillywiggin

You are braver than I! Be sure to take one of those transponder things with you just in case...or not; maybe you could have a first hand experience and report back, haha. I am so interested in this again, I.m going to get the books out and read them over.

Yes, I do have a SPOT device, I bought one when I went camping in the Rocky Mountains, as we were going to stay on trails, but, you never know if something looks interesting and then before you know it, you get turned around.

I have only finished two of the books, but I have the three others along with his Bigfoot books.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I'll make sure to check these out as soon as I have time! Thanks for the videos!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've started rereading "Missing 411: Western United States" and I keep thinking about similarities between the disappearances in the book and the stories and folk tales I've heard about people who have been kidnapped and taken to the land of the Sidhe or people who have wandered there by mistake. I can't decide if the stories were made up to explain unexplainable disappearances like these, or if there is truth in the old legends. My rational mind says the supernatural explanations are impossible, but for some of the cases I can't come up with a logical explanation. This must be one of the most horrible things a person could go through...to have a loved one missing, and never know what happened or even where he/she might be. There is not even any real way to narrow down the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You might, if you haven't already, look into places, rather than creatures.

All I have is anecdotal evidence, but there are places where Man and all his works are most assuredly not welcome...and they have the ability to enforce their wishes.

I've found two such places in my times outdoors in the wilderness. One is just north of Mt. Adams in Washington state, the other is on the north east slopes of Denali, in Alaska.

If there are two? There are more.

Faerie rings. ...and other names of places where the usual rules seemingly don't apply are a staple of legends from all over the world.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Hmm. I hadn't thought of specific places. What do you suppose would be stopping Man from entering "their" domain though? and who or what are "they"?

I believe that if it isn't a creature, it is some sort of intelligence that is making the people "disappear".

Would be very cool if it was a bigfoot creature though! I have been fascinated with bigfoot since I was a wee lad.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't know. ...and to be perfectly frank, I don't want to know. These two happenings scared the crap out of me

It, whatever it was, at the Mt. Adams occurrence was decidedly unfriendly. I was only fourteen, so take my thoughts on it with that in mind... But I knew if I stayed one second longer than it took to get out of that little glade I was not going to leave...ever.

My Dad, and his brother, both of whom grew up in the area, when I told them about it later that night around the campfire were not, at all, dismissive of my tale.

Some years later my Uncle told me that he'd had something similar happen to him in the area when he was hunting as a high school boy, my Dad at the time was off at war (WWII), same similar feeling. Unwelcome to the point of danger, and "we" want you gone. He left.

My Denali experience was not nearly so unfriendly, though in all other respects, similar. No one will ever convince me that I wasn't, if I'd tarried, in grave danger.

Now, was it a creature? A place? Even some strange combination of the two? I don't know, and I'm in no rush to explore it. I would strongly suggest you don't, because there are places where we don't belong.

I don't think these creatures/places are all that common...though I do find it strange that I've stumbled across two in my lifetime...'course, I'm a big fan of lonesome high country. The higher, and more lonesome it is, the better I like it. So maybe that increases my odds...

There are any number of legends that describe things and creatures of this nature. They want to be left alone, and have the power to enforce their wishes.

Investigate as you will...just remember this, the hunter can, with little warning, become the hunted.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite topics! I have been poking around different and interesting vids on youtube about David and his missing people cases. Most intriguing!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Strange stories for sure! While this topic does interest me, I have never felt that way out in the woods either camping or hiking, so I can't say for sure how I would react. I'm going on a 120 km hike through the boreal forest in northern Saskatchewan at the end of this August. If I don't post after that, something got me.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I've been in those woods. There's lots of somethings that are totally mundane, yet can get you as effectively as a bigfoot. Probably more likely to, since there's lots more of 'em.

Have fun, man. I loved my time in those woods, didn't spend near enough time in 'em.

I look forward to the reports.

I rarely encounter anything totally untoward when I'm out in the woods back of beyond, if I gave that impression, it wasn't my intent. My encounters are usually rather mundane, if somewhat exciting...a bear sharing the same huckleberry patch, a cougar exploring my camp while I was asleep in my tent inches away... Even a damned skunk--that was seriously annoying, let me tell you. Caught some of the spray...such a lovely aroma. Not.

I hope you find out more about what you're looking into, but be very careful. OK? Mama Earth, and some of her kids can be very unforgiving.
edit on 3/29/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks!

I am very careful to the point of having to carry a heavy load because I pack redundancies. I have a SPOT device, a garmin etrex, map, compass, and most importantly, the ability and skills to take care of myself. I carry bear spray while hiking in the wild even though I know that the bear will most likely think "mmmm seasoning". Can't say I'm afraid of being outside, only of the unpredictable wildlife. Cougars scare the crap out of me! lol everything on them is a weapon!

Looking forward to spending more time outdoors in a completely different setting than last year! From hiking in Yoho National Park (would recommend to anyone!) to a 120 km hike in the boreal forest (Meadow Lake Boreal Trail).

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
After reading all of David's books and hearing nearly every guest appearance of his on Coast-To-Coast and other shows, I think the answer is supernatural. Some type of entity is grabbing people and whisking them off to another dimension. Like someone stated on the most recent Coast-to-Coast appearance: it's as if someone is stealing their souls.

I forget which guest appearance it was, but during one interview David "almost" spilled the beans that he thinks there's a supernatural component too. (Although you almost never get him to admit even leaning to one answer or another).

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Are you going with anyone?

I used to solo backpack, too...but I like to share my high lonesome, now. Part of getting older, I guess.

The great thing about moving to the South like I am in the next couple of years is I'll have access to new places I've never been. Appalachian Trail. The Great Smokies. Shenandoah Valley. Eastern Canada. I've done a lot of Western Canada, including parts of Yoho National Park back in the late 80's.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

I've gotten the impression that that is something that has occurred to him, but he hasn't quite reached the point of thinking that. Or so I've gathered.

In Native American lore, there are many a beastie out there that no man can hope to cope with save by running away, or sheer luck.

Here's a link...take it for what it may or may not be worth.

Skinwalkers...

The supernatural aspect is going to be a leap/stretch for many. I'm not nearly so skeptical as I once was.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

During one of his interviews, he related some Bigfoot cases involve following a trail of footprints that just come to an abrupt stop in snow, etc. In other words, the Bigfoot "vanished" into another dimension or something.

IIRC this was on one of George Knapp's Coast-to-Coast interviews.

BTW, have you noticed that since David Paulides became a ratings bonanza for C2C that only George Noory interviews him now? I've heard rumors that John B. Wells was asked to leave C2C because his shows got better ratings than George's. I'm thinking this might be along the same lines.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

No, I hadn't, actually. I don't listen to C2C near as much as I used to. Gonna have to start up again, since my interest in the weirdness around me is beginning to return. Mostly since the weird seems to have begun to find me again...

It's an odd thing...but weird stuff happens to my family. Especially my particular branch, or maybe I should say peculiar branch. It's never anything bad, just strange, and occasionally scary.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
David Paulides is great. His Missing 411 research is incredible.

For those in Canada, he will be speaking in Toronto on Saturday May 21st. You can find all the info

HERE

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fattyp
Toronto gets the best people talking there! The city closest to me, Regina, rhymes with something better than Toronto! lol

Would love to go to see him one day! Have fun if you are going!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
After reading all of David's books and hearing nearly every guest appearance of his on Coast-To-Coast and other shows, I think the answer is supernatural. Some type of entity is grabbing people and whisking them off to another dimension. Like someone stated on the most recent Coast-to-Coast appearance: it's as if someone is stealing their souls.

I forget which guest appearance it was, but during one interview David "almost" spilled the beans that he thinks there's a supernatural component too. (Although you almost never get him to admit even leaning to one answer or another).

I think it was on the show, Where did the road go?, or something like that. I remember it too.

I listened to Les Stroud on c2c where he is talking about Bigfoot and he let something slip too that David believed that bigfoot was doing some of these as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Are you going with anyone?

I used to solo backpack, too...but I like to share my high lonesome, now. Part of getting older, I guess.

The great thing about moving to the South like I am in the next couple of years is I'll have access to new places I've never been. Appalachian Trail. The Great Smokies. Shenandoah Valley. Eastern Canada. I've done a lot of Western Canada, including parts of Yoho National Park back in the late 80's.

Yes I am. I wouldn't go off by myself unless I had to. Never know if you twist an ankle, hurt yourself, etc so it's always good to have someone else there.

One of my goals is to walk the whole length of the Appalachian Trail!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join