It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abdeslam no longer to oppose extradition to France. Or is it a message? A Dumbass question/theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In todays news stories there is a mention of Salah Abdeslam asking to "wish to be send to France as quickly as possible. I've got a few question marks by that statement, hence the reason why this is in Skunk Works.

First I'll give you one of the many sources

Abdeslam no longer to oppose extradition to France: lawyer

Salah Abdeslam, the prime surviving suspect for November's Paris attacks, will no longer fight extradition to France but wants to return to his home country to explain himself as soon as possible, his lawyer said on Thursday.

"Salah Abdeslam has asked me to inform you that he wishes to leave for France as quickly as possible," Sven Mary said in comments broadcast on BFM TV, speaking from Brussels.

Mary said he hoped this could happen "as soon as possible", adding that Abdeslam "wants to explain himself in France".

Uhmm ok... Last week he was saying he wanted to fight extradition. But right after recent attacks where he had a part in with planning that changed.
So what has changed his mind? Is it about he was willing to talk and is he afraid for his friends "visiting" him there in Belgium?

Or is it a more sinister scheme. And does he use his lawyer to say this news to give cryptic messages to fellow terrorists.
The fact that he said he wishes to leave for France as quickly as possible somehow made it stand out for me.

By saying he would talk he forced his fellow terrorists to carry out the attack fast, so either they got scared and believed he would spill the beans or he manipulated them by making them think they would talk and made by that sure they would carry out that attack asap.

So the next move he makes is saying "go to France as quickly as possible". I am just wondering about this stuff, cause I can't figure out a reason why someone who is caught is so eager to go to a country to answer for his deeds as remorse over an attack doesn't come quickly when you are planning new attacks after that. In the next days or weeks we will know.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm rather surprised nobody has weighed in on this yet. I think your questioning of this has some merit at least to be curious about it. I mean it could certainly be possible.

Makes me wonder about a post I read yesterday, don't recall if it was here or elsewhere, but I know there was mention from a known terrorist asking about the Eiffel Tower and what color it will be now or something to that effect. I really only read it in a quick pass, but it did stick.

Possible connection? I don't know, but I hope not.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Sounds like an easy way to tell his minions to get moving. The headlines over the next couple of weeks should let ya know whether the idea had any validity.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Maybe he doesn't want to be in Belgium when his people blow up a nuclear plant on something similar.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Hmm yep, then there is that. Maybe it was his way of saying to wait until I'm out of here you idiots. Then again, would those people that do this really care if he goes along with it? I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This abdeslam fellow is a fluke.
Our goverment is pretending he is some sort of brain behind the whole ops.
Chances are he is a nobody.
Lets not forget, he threw away his belt, so I just think he got cold feet.
Also, a few weeks back there where a lot of headlines how even ISIS was looking for him because he didn't commit.

Or he just wants to leave Belgium for when they strike our nuclear plants.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You have had exactly the same thoughts as me. My gut instinct told me there was something not right with the 'as quickly as possible'.. Have they come up with a plan beforehand that if one of them is arrested they will go for it because there is nothing to lose? I commented the other day I wouldnt be surprised if they attack the prison to try and get him out. Is that why he wanted to stay in Brussels so he could be rescued? Maybe they have people working in the Prison who are involved.

Or is it simply now he knows others have been arrested his life is on the line from ISIS because of telling too much.

Has something been put in place in France? Four were arrested last week in France who were going to carry out an imminent attack. Does he want to be where they are? It said the other day there are concerns in France that many of the Police are radicalised. Could they be helping some plot and this is a cryptic message to say everything is in place in France to go out in a moment of glory.

He said he wants to go as quickly as possible to explain himself to France to clear things up. Perhaps he genuinly did bottle out in attacks in Paris when he didnt go through with suicide mission. Perhaps he wants to let France know of some iminent plot!

Something isnt right thats for sure to have such a drastic change of heart, I thought exactly the same as you and I suppose only time will telk.a reply to: Dumbass

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not to drum up the doom and gloom. But with the word of 400 ISIS fighters set to attack Europe. And this interesting change of heart for extradition. Why is this thread not getting more attention?

First we have a thread citing good sources that an attack on London was going to happen. Then Brussels was hit. Right date, wrong place. Next couple of weeks are going to get interesting. Stay safe folks.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

S+F.

Very well could be right.

Lets hope not though.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: incoserv

Maybe he doesn't want to be in Belgium when his people blow up a nuclear plant on something similar.

Sadly that makes sense too

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I don't really think this belongs in Skunkworks at all. This is a very real news story on Reuters that relates to a major terrorist event. Just because you speculate a little in your OP, does not disqualify it as a legitimate issue for discussion. Its hard to find any stories posted here without a little speculation from the poster.

In any event, I think this is a very interesting and possibly significant turn in events, even if I have no idea what it means. Given that he was at least "appearing" to be cooperative and "worth his weight in gold for the investigation" according to the article makes his sudden interest in being extradited to France ASAP highly odd to say the least.

I'd guess one of two things. 1) He fears for his life after giving up info to the Belgians and thinks he will be better protected from his cohorts if he is in France, or 2) This is a signal to others in his group as the OP suggests.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Slave2theTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth

I'd guess one of two things. 1) He fears for his life after giving up info to the Belgians and thinks he will be better protected from his cohorts if he is in France, or 2) This is a signal to others in his group as the OP suggests.

Yeah I think it is one of those two too like is said in my OP.

For 1) well... I read an article somewhere that during the attacks Salah Abdeslam was told by a fellow prisoner, another jihadi, what was going on even when they were in "solitary". That Jihadi also told him not to talk. So 1) could be a serious possibility.

btw i just place this in skunk works just because it is speculating on a lot of unknowns and the only fact we have so far what his lawyer said. To many speculative thoughts are pretended to be truth and are used as clickbait and so lure in a lot of mainstream ideologies that actually kill the speculative thought (yeah also on ATS)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
interesting ...

France arrests man in 'advanced stages' of attack plot

Although they say:

PARIS (AP) — A Frenchman in the "advanced stages" of a plot to attack the country was arrested Thursday northwest of Paris and security forces locked down the area during a major search, France's interior minister said.

Bernard Cazeneuve said "there were no links "at this stage" between the plot and the attacks against Brussels this week or Paris in November.

so no links, but it still makes me wonder...

Maybe I wonder too much

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh come on you guys, he hates Boudin, those pork products you know. He is a Belgian born French National. He obviously doesn't like Brussels.

On topic, I think he wants to get back in close contact with those he can influence ASAP. He's at a point of no return and I personally believe he wants to go out with a bang. If not himself personally, he wants to correlate a large event. It isn't rocket science to plan a terrorist attack. In fact, it seems fairly easy, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
interesting ...

France arrests man in 'advanced stages' of attack plot

Although they say:

PARIS (AP) — A Frenchman in the "advanced stages" of a plot to attack the country was arrested Thursday northwest of Paris and security forces locked down the area during a major search, France's interior minister said.

Bernard Cazeneuve said "there were no links "at this stage" between the plot and the attacks against Brussels this week or Paris in November.

so no links, but it still makes me wonder...

Maybe I wonder too much

I just saw this. Not many details, but whatever it was, it was in the advanced stages!! OP may have been right.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

There are no English sources as of yet but there are French ones that give the one caught a name: Reda Kriket

Reda Kriket : l'homme qui préparait un attentat serait proche d'Abdelhamid Abaaoud

Abdelhamid Abaaoud is mentioned as it is suspected Reda Kriket has ties to him. Abdelhamid Abaaoud is seen as the mastermind behind the Paris attacks, just like Salah Abdeslam. So the plot thickens.

It is interesting that at the first time they mentioned they raided and arrested someone it had no links to either Brussel or Paris. And now half a day later it is directly linked to someone the see as the mastermind behind Paris. It will be interesting to see if anything changes in the attitude of Abdeslam now that this other guy has been caught.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I agree there is merit to this, absolutely.
There is no explanation as to why he's changed his mind, and it makes me question the abilities of the Brussels authorities here too.

I'm sorry to say it, but it seems to me that Abdeslam is playing them like a fiddle.

I'm totally baffled about how he has been able to communicate anything, or how he knew that these attacks had happened.

Abdeslam should have been arrested, taken to a little soundproof room in a remote location and entirely cut off from all communication with anyone by the investigators. He should not have been able to make any statements through his lawyer or anyone else, and he should not have had any access to any information from the outside at all.

There should be no statements, no communication, no news. He should have disappeared into custody and a complete media blackout maintained while they interrogated him and began to round up everyone he'd had any contact with for the preceding months.

None of this is outside the power of the state, there is no breaching of anyone's Human rights in this.

We know this is not over yet. I was watching a special about the Paris attacks and they gave transcripts from others arrested and interrogated, more than one stated in those interviews that there were numerous cells across Europe, all highly trained in combat, and supported by other cells tasked specifically with arming them and delivering their supplies.

One failed attacker was sent instructions to visit a car park at a specific time and go to a specific car, he found bags of weapons and ammo ready to use. He had no idea who supplied him, but clearly there was a supply network that even their own operatives know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
This abdeslam fellow is a fluke.
Our goverment is pretending he is some sort of brain behind the whole ops.
Chances are he is a nobody.
Lets not forget, he threw away his belt, so I just think he got cold feet.
Also, a few weeks back there where a lot of headlines how even ISIS was looking for him because he didn't commit.

Or he just wants to leave Belgium for when they strike our nuclear plants.

I think you're underestimating him and the network behind him too.
Have you considered that he abandoned his plan not because he got cold feet, but because he was deliberately duping those he was with fully knowing he was not going to kill himself? Would they have gone through with their plans without him sacrificing himself?

Abdeslam was the one leading the other attackers to their own deaths, he had no intention of killing himself. He was using them to commit these acts knowing full well that he was not going to end his own life. There are leaders and followers, he's a leader. He's more than willing to see others kill and end their own lives, and then he would continue on to another group of gullible idiots to make them do the same.

Which is exactly why he needed that cover. He didn't make any mistake, his plan was never going to be to kill himself, his plan was to make others do it, fake a mistake, move on to another cell and make them do the same - rinse and repeat until he's no longer convincing.

I'm really surprised the authorities have not made this clear yet. Maybe if they made this clear and pointed out that Abdeslam and others are merely operatives getting others to do it, they would lose a lot of their influence.

This is just basic logic. If every terrorist blows themselves up they're quickly running out of people willing to do that. Instead, they send out operatives to convince the brain-dead idiots they're working with to do it for them.

He's not alone either, the guy in the airport did the same thing with the brothers. He led them both there to do this, and they believed he was going to do it too. Then he ran.

The same happened with the Metro, another man was seen leading the bomber down there and then running away.

There are people out there leading these killers to kill themselves and others, they are senior operatives using the brain dead deluded fools for murder. Abdeslam is one of them, the unknown guy from the airport is another, the unknown guy in the Metro is a third.

edit on 25-3-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join