It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart Reporter Embroiled in Trump Staffer Assault Incident Quits Amid Internal Work Strife

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

This is all we need to know about this situation. She initially said that Lewandowski pulled her to the ground, then changed her story to they tried to pull her to the ground. She now admits not seeing who grabbed her.

Really? Where did she initially say that Lewandowski pulled her to the ground? Not in the interview you posted. Perhaps you're referring to the comment at the time by Ben Terris that was captured on audio? "He just like threw you down" I believe is what Ben Terris said? While that's a bit of hyperbole, it has nothing to do with anything that Michelle Fields said in any statement I've heard her give about the incident.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fields' story has changed multiple times. She claims Lewandowski pulled her to the floor, and no video shows that. You vid catches a glimpse of halted walking, but does not corroborate her story. Now it appears as if it might be someone else who grabbed her arm. Fields got angry at her employer for not backing her, and the situation has resulted in a tense working atmosphere at Breitbart.

Bottom line: I think Fields either exaggerated the encounter or outright fabricated her end of it. She tried to make it a "thing" at work, and her employer didn't see things her way, so she picked up her ball and went home.

Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards. Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 7792016332016-03-14T12:42:33-05:0020161pm331242 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is all we need to know about this situation. She initially said that Lewandowski pulled her to the ground, then changed her story to they tried to pull her to the ground. She now admits not seeing who grabbed her.

Really? Where did she initially say that Lewandowski pulled her to the ground? Not in the interview you posted. Perhaps you're referring to the comment at the time by Ben Terris that was captured on audio? "He just like threw you down" I believe is what Ben Terris said? While that's a bit of hyperbole, it has nothing to do with anything that Michelle Fields said in any statement I've heard her give about the incident.

Open your eyes, look at the post above mine and below yours.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

I am sorry, I just don't see any hand grabbing that woman.

Can you circle his hand grabbing her arm and repost the image?

Neither of the videos show his hands but you can see her walking and asking Donald Trump some question about Scalia as Lewandowski reaches for her.

Are you denying that the C-SPAN video shows Lewandowski reaching for her?

In the newer video, you can clearly see her forward progress is stopped when *something happens* and you can see Lewandowski push past her on her left side.

Are you denying that this can be seen in the video?

Why don't you tell me what you think happened? Even Breitbart wasn't denying that she was grabbed. They were simply pretending that she might have been mistaken about who did it and that it may have been an "accident."

That's a reach, it's deliberate and it's definitely Lewandowski. Did he know who she was? Was he trying to keep her from asking her question/getting an answer? Only Lewandowski knows and AFAIK, he hasn't given a statement.

What I do know is that that Joel Pollak is lying.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This wouldn't hold up in a court of law, it wouldn't even make it on the docket and it wont. Hundreds of witnesses say it didn't happen, Secret Service watches everyone around Trump like a hawk, they say it didn't happen. But I guess we should believe this reporter and her buddy from the New York Post and dismiss all the other people''s statements.

PS - you can see at least 10 people recording with cell phones, where is the damning footage?
edit on 14-3-2016 by BIGPoJo because: PS

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Fields' story has changed multiple times. She claims Lewandowski pulled her to the floor, and no video shows that.

Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards. Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.

That's not "pulled to the ground." That's her saying she was pulled back and down and almost fell but was able to keep her balance. Was she exaggerating how precarious her footing was? Maybe, maybe not.

You vid catches a glimpse of halted walking, but does not corroborate her story.

The video also shows Lewandowski reaching and then pushing past her. It's obvious that *some sort of contact* was made. Lewandowski hasn't given his side of the story. Neither video refutes her story.

Now it appears as if it might be someone else who grabbed her arm.

No, it doesn't. It's very clear who the man reaching for her and then pushing past her are based on the video.

Bottom line: I think Fields either exaggerated the encounter or outright fabricated her end of it. She tried to make it a "thing" at work, and her employer didn't see things her way, so she picked up her ball and went home.

It's possible that she exaggerated how tightly her arm was grabbed but it's quite clear that Lewandowski reached for her and that she stopped in her tracks when this happened. It's also clear from the video that once she's stopped, he pushes past her.

What bothers me about this whole thing the most is that Joel Pollak is trying to cast doubt on the identity of the man seen reaching toward Fields and then pushing past her. I don't put it past anyone to exaggerate anything but Pollak is definitely being deceitful and I have to wonder why.

see above.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Still not seeing a grab.
There are so many people in the video, you would think they would have more witnesses than just her coworker, if something happened.

It looks very crowded, and it seems obvious that people would be jostled and bumped into a bit.
edit on 3/14/16 by BlueAjah because: adding

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Hundreds of witnesses say it didn't happen, Secret Service watches everyone around Trump like a hawk, they say it didn't happen.

Where are these statements from Secret Service agents and "hundreds of witnesses?" I saw one statement from one guy, Ken Kurson, who said:

"I was five feet away from the alleged incident and didn’t see anything. I was literally looking right at Corey when it supposedly happened."

(see the Joel Pollak article I linked earlier)

Who is Ken Kurson? Well, he's the editor-in-chief of the New York Observer. Guess who owns the New York Observer?

Donald Trump's son-in-law.

Now it's your turn. Could you share some of these statements from hundreds of witnesses and Secret Service agents?
edit on 2016-3-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Still not seeing a grab.
There are so many people in the video, you would think they would have more witnesses than just her coworker, if something happened.

It looks very crowded, and it seems obvious that people would be jostled and bumped into a bit.

Here's the "grab". It's so innocuous and inconsequential, it's ridiculous. But if you hear her tell it, she was almost murdered.

edit on 3jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So someone grabbed her arm so they could get through the crowd. Definitely not assault by any measure. This is what happens when you are in crowds. Don't like it/ Stay out of crowds.

The next lawsuit she files will be against Breibart. i think her actions here will show she is not qualified for her job and any action Breibart took 9or didn't take is justifiable.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Look, I understand your concerns about Pollak, and his narrative about the events. Bottom line for me is her initial claim of what happened, how it happened, and Fields using a momentary pause in forward movement to create a bruhaha. Personally, I think Fields tried to make herself part of the news, instead of doing her job by reporting it, and when she couldn't get the support of her employer, stamped her foot and quit.

In a room full of cameras, in a room full of eyewitnesses, no one other than her buddy Ben can back her versions of events. I'm not buying it. Someone reaching out to halt forward progression does not equal assault.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
After watching the video there's no way you can objectively support this liar.

This lady is a legit psychopath.

Keep it up trump haters. It's almost as if you don't understand why president trump keeps winning.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So someone grabbed her arm so they could get through the crowd. Definitely not assault by any measure. This is what happens when you are in crowds. Don't like it/ Stay out of crowds.

The next lawsuit she files will be against Breibart. i think her actions here will show she is not qualified for her job and any action Breibart took 9or didn't take is justifiable.

I'm in total agreement. I'm sure we'll see an article in the next week of Fields bringing suit against both Lewandowski and Breibart for the savage treatment she endured. Reporters have historically been exposed to danger to get a story, or were willing to risk personal safety to get the story that makes their career. Fields apparently doesn't fall in that category.

As far as Breibart not supporting her after the incident, I believe some kind of deal took place between B. and the Trump camp. Perhaps the threat of losing access to Trump's campaign forced Breibart to back off from the issue, or some agreement was reached. It no appears that that decision, no matter basis, was correct.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

I'm in total agreement. I'm sure we'll see an article in the next week of Fields bringing suit against both Lewandowski and Breibart for the savage treatment she endured. Reporters have historically been exposed to danger to get a story, or were willing to risk personal safety to get the story that makes their career. Fields apparently doesn't fall in that category.

As far as Breibart not supporting her after the incident, I believe some kind of deal took place between B. and the Trump camp. Perhaps the threat of losing access to Trump's campaign forced Breibart to back off from the issue, or some agreement was reached. It no appears that that decision, no matter basis, was correct.

Isn't it possible Pollak looked at the video and didn't see her being assaulted? If you read all of his tweets he's asking everyone to stop tweeting and to contact him if there's new information. It looks to me the staff was 'freaking out' over what happened to Michelle and automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was assaulted without getting all the information first. They just automatically took her word for it.

Kind of like how we on ATS sometimes jump to conclusions without all the facts coming in.

edit on 14-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2016 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It does look like lewandowski grabbed her pretty hard what I wonder is if he said excuse me, sorry or something like that. if the bruise on her arm is really from what happened in the video it further makes me wonder if lewandowski knew who she was and squeezed her arm hard in a passive aggressive manner. none of what I just wondered could be proven from the video.

I think fields has a point about breitbart not backing her up because they are in deep supporting the trump campaign, same with alex jones and drudge.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but comparing this situation to Megan Kelly's situation at Fox. I have to at least give them credit for having the balls to stand against Trump and support their journalist during that whole feud.

Obviously Breitbart lacks the ability to match even Fox's level of integrity.

Should they support her if she is lying?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Now it's your turn. Could you share some of these statements from hundreds of witnesses and Secret Service agents?

Didn't realize you metered the threads here. I don't have to prove something didn't happen, the burden of proof is on the accuser and its very flimsy. What you are talking about is a crime and these types of accusations demand a higher level of scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

edit on 15-3-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is a prime example of how soft we've become as a nation.

Folks are basically arguing about who touched her. There's more contact when I put butter on a bagel.

Trying to get a drink at a bar on a Friday carries higher risk and greater contact.

This little cupcake got caught lying. Then took her ball and went crying home. Simple as that.
edit on 15-3-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

This is a prime example of how soft we've become as a nation.

Folks are basically arguing about who touched her. There's more contact when I put butter on a bagel.

Trying to get a drink at a bar on a Friday carries higher risk and greater contact.

This little cupcake got caught lying. Then took her ball and went crying home. Simple as that.

Hey now, it was the worst thing that happened to her since her father died. Give her a break. lol.

Probably poor gal is not used to getting bumped from getting her questions in.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join