It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just deleted my facebook account

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As the subject says. sick and tired of so called friends that are so superficial, look at me my kids and my perfect life.
Don't f'ing lie, I know your life is not perfect. you weren't there when the dark clouds swept in. The guys who were are no longer here.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfoot007

Not the reasons I deleted facebook, but congratulation of breaking free!

Now you get to go around telling ppl "PFFFT FACEBOOK? I DELETED THAT YO" *nose up*

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good on you.. but did we really need a thread about it?
You should have left that message in Facebook before you deleted it.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Thanks for the words, I do feel as a weight has been lifted from my shoulders

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There are a lot better reasons to delete Facebook, but I am still happy for you.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Good for you.
Now it's important for you to be prepared as you'll start to feel serious withdrawal effects.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
Good for you.
Now it's important for you to be prepared as you'll start to feel serious withdrawal effects.

Maybe he should join a 12 step program..

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Good on you.. but did we really need a thread about it?
You should have left that message in Facebook before you deleted it.

Proves he's still addicted. He just switched to ATS.

OP. You didn't tell us what you had for breakfast.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
Your avatar..what is it, it's amazing. Facebook? What? Oh right, uh..yeah I still have mine, but don't use it. Yeah.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Congrats, OP! I've been off the 'Book for several years now, it gets significantly easier to resist the temptation to go back after about a month or so. If you think it's shallow now, reflecting on FB posts & crap down the road will confirm it & then some.

It is a bit of a disappointment...ok a HUGE disappointment when you know everyone has your phone number & email, but hardly anyone keeps in touch off FB. It stung quite a bit initially when "Ok, I'll email you!" never materialized, my emails went unanswered, etc.
Ultimately, cutting the Facebook cord is a pretty direct way of figuring out who your friends truly are, and who you're just a number on a list count to. Out of the...how many did I have back then 50? Out of the small list I had anyway, only one person keeps in regular touch via other means. You'll probably have to cross that bridge yourself, but I have a feeling you already know who you mean something to & vice versa.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
congratulations but i bet you go back....just for a peek but you will go back

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That's exactly why I call it FakeBook.
edit on 5-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

OP. You didn't tell us what you had for breakfast.

We expect pictures with a crappy filter too. Also, don't forget to lay on the pretentious.

The subtle hints of berry mixed with an indescribable sweet but fleeting flavor, this Cap'n Crunch is a decadent start to anyone's morning.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

hate to break it tonyou, but your facebook isnt actually deleted. there is no way ti actually "delete" it.. merely disable it, but its still there.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenDeadLesbians

What is the most efficient way to "cripple" your fb account?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

and we [ ATS ] needs to know this - because ?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenDeadLesbians

hate to break it tonyou, but your facebook isnt actually deleted. there is no way ti actually "delete" it.. merely disable it, but its still there.

Took the words out of my mouth. This is the most sick and twisted aspect of facebook, your account never really dies.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
When I left FB a number of years ago, it was just before they started to use facial recognition, that was the final straw for me.

At the time I had around 200 "friends" that included old school friends, current friends and as many relatives I could find. I started to get the feeling to leave after thinking about how I might be associated with people I didn't know for so many years who may have different "interests" I didn't share, interests that might get me investigated just for being friends with them.

Before I did anything on FB, I deleted the profile information and addresses in the email account I registered with.
Then I unfriended all the people I no longer knew personally and keep the ones I would actually want to talk to. After that I deleted all my photos and untagged every photo that mentioned me. Once I did all that work I private messaged everyone on the short list with my email, phone # and address and told them I'd be leaving FB soon. A little while after that I unfriended everyone left on my list.

Finally I removed all the accurate data in my profile and replaced it with F.U.D. (F'd Up Data) and left a nasty message to FB in one of the profile fields. Then, after a month or so, I finally deleted the account.

That is the basic method I use when I delete any online account I have, regardless of what website it is. Completely paranoid? Yes, but I hope they only retained the most recent F.U.D. information when I left there.

ETA: Only one person and my closest relatives have ever used my contact information to get a hold of me since I left FB. I can count the number on one hand.
edit on 6-3-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added exta comments

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

and we [ ATS ] needs to know this - because ?

You don't need to know this, one doesn't have to click.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join