It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just deleted my facebook account

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

just to poke the paranoia - how do you know that farcebook didnt save every " edit history " they do it on posts - write something on a freinds wall - then edit it - the edit history shows what you origionaly wrote

edit log is not hard to save - and on a forum i used to admin - it was very interesting to read sometimes - once dummyspiting started

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Big deal. You 'deleted your Facebook account' as you put it, that's just infantile and the reasons you give sound like just a whole bunch of angst ridden sour grapes to me.

Some people like knowing what their friends are up to on Facebook. This obviously just didn't work for you. Just stop using the thing. Why must their always be some theatrical account deletion of de-friending of people?

That kind of schoolyard mentality comes from the kind of folk that shouldn't be on Facebook in the first place so when some brat does this I don't exactly cry a river about it.

Just don't look at stuff that bugs you or go to places on the web you dont like i.e. Facebook. don't like somebody's posts? don't read them ! It's a lot less work than all this hissy-fit deleting and blocking etc.

Besides, I hate to point this out but all deleted Facebook accounts can be un-deleted at any time. it's been that way for years. Technically your account is still there, just dormant. You deleted nothing in reality. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I never had any facebook account.

Every time people ask me about my facebook account and I tell them that I dont have any, they always look back in shock and tell me "You must be weird".

I don't feel like I have missed anything without facebook, thank god.

What pisses me off tho, is when I take my education they want us to have facebook..... Ain't nobody got time for that.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

Some people like knowing what their friends are up to on Facebook.

So when you meet these "so called friends" what do you have to talk about?? You know what they have been doing, what they are doing and so-on.

Like when someone have been on a vacation and they have told everything on facebook, what can you ask them about?
I feel facebook makes people into emotionless robots.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Perhaps my paranoid reaction and deletion fest was all in vain, but it is my hope that as FB grows, they are trying to conserve as much bandwidth and memory as possible. If they are slimming down their bandwidth and storage capacity as they go along, then my efforts will hopefully prevail.

I do know one thing for sure, once you join they ignore your answers to the options they give you and go a head and do whatever they want.

Example:

After I left FB, I created a dummy account to see how much of my personal information was left to find by some random person out there.

I used another email account that I deleted the contacts and personal information from weeks before trying to start the fake account with it. During the sign up process FB asks to use your email contact list to find friends for you, I refused that option even though I deleted my contacts from that email account. I also started to use some fake background information during this process, but stopped before completing it. So guess what?

The first thing FB did after I created the fake account was to suggest friends that used to be on my email contact list, the list that was supposedly deleted weeks before I made the account. Also, they tried to suggest friends based on the fake background information I never technically submitted when creating the account.

Something stinks really bad with FB and that fake account really opened my eyes about how bad that website really stinks.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfoot007

I'm glad you deleted something out of your life that wasn't making you happy, that's what it's about isn't it?
I'm being serious.
My old man is the FB junkie in my house. He's on it right now. I have an account. I log in about once a week or so. I check in, check out.
I guess I'm not really sure what all the paranoia (not necessarily you) is about. I think FB is like any other internet activity in the sense that you are wise to guard your personal and private information.

The old man is on it everyday. He uses it for those swap and shop type groups, other groups he's interested in like music, tattoos, haunted places, and he's got acquaintances from all over that he's met through those groups. They share photos and jokes and a laugh. He doesn't email or talk on the phone much. There's two friends in Florida that he talks to weekly on the phone.

He does have a couple of female friends and a few males who (weekly) put drama on there telling of their husband/boyfriend (or girlfriend) battles and such and THOSE type of things are painful to watch. Sickening really...

Kids today, that I know, are using snapchat, instagram, twitter, etc instead of FB for their social media fix. I have seen those posts about "this is what I ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc" and the awful..."bathroom selfies"!

I think it is what you make of it just like any other internet activity...Just my opinion and two cents...

Happy Sunday everybody now get out there and post some photos of your wonderful life and activities!

edit on 6-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: hurt my eyes

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfoot007

I don't even bother with it anymore.
I go on from time to time, but I never get involved in anything or like anything.
Everyone seems to go there to spew their opinions and if you don't agree or try to say something alternative you get attacked.
Then I see these same people face to face and it's like nothing happened. What?!

I should delete it, but to be honest it is time decent tool for planning.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm still a step ahead of y'all...

I never joined.

Or myspace...or whatever it was called.

None of 'em. Closest I ever came to social media is this place, 'course I'm hopelessly addicted to ATS. But that's different.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Im at the age where everyone is getting married and having babies. and its gross.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
Big deal. You 'deleted your Facebook account' as you put it, that's just infantile and the reasons you give sound like just a whole bunch of angst ridden sour grapes to me.

Some people like knowing what their friends are up to on Facebook. This obviously just didn't work for you. Just stop using the thing. Why must their always be some theatrical account deletion of de-friending of people?

That kind of schoolyard mentality comes from the kind of folk that shouldn't be on Facebook in the first place so when some brat does this I don't exactly cry a river about it.

Just don't look at stuff that bugs you or go to places on the web you dont like i.e. Facebook. don't like somebody's posts? don't read them ! It's a lot less work than all this hissy-fit deleting and blocking etc.

Besides, I hate to point this out but all deleted Facebook accounts can be un-deleted at any time. it's been that way for years. Technically your account is still there, just dormant. You deleted nothing in reality. Sorry.

this guy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join