It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons here at ATS say the Mason belief has no religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Do you really think that out of the 1.2 million members, that none of them are open atheists?

There very well may be but I am not personally aware of any. The application we use in New Jersey has a line which asks quite clearly if you believe in a Supreme Being. Not sure what anyone would get out of lying and to be honest I do not think I would want to be in a lodge with someone who felt it necessary to lie to gain admission.

As i posted earlier, i never lied. I have been an "out" atheist since i started reading greek mythology and aesop's fables in grade school. I never lied and neither did any of the other atheists in my lodge. It is an open topic of discussion in our group. Although a few folks don't understand, i assure you, i am well known in my community and no one questions the sincerity of my actions.

On my application, i wrote no. They still wanted me.

It would be silly to think that masonry is atheist free. You can't think of one atheist in your lodge? Out of how many members?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Since you started this thread, and at least on the surface, pretend to be interested in discussion, could you please tell us what you think is evil or wrong with a group of like minded men, meeting as equals to try to better themselves and their community?

Because you aren't doing it in the name of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It would be silly to think that masonry is atheist free. You can't think of one atheist in your lodge? Out of how many members?

No, I cannot and we have over 400 members. As I said, no one has said they were and if they did they obviously lied to get in. If they would have written 'no' on their petition would have been rejected by the membership committee and the committee would have recommended they not gain membership through initiation.

As far as I am aware, since I am also part of Grand Lodge, no one in the entire state has ever answered 'no' on that question and gained admittance. The Grand Masters release statements every year reaffirming the Grand Lodge's commitment to the Ancient Charges.

edit on 4-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: network dude

Since you started this thread, and at least on the surface, pretend to be interested in discussion, could you please tell us what you think is evil or wrong with a group of like minded men, meeting as equals to try to better themselves and their community?

Because you aren't doing it in the name of Jesus.

Yep. And what's funny is in the Blue lodge, Jesus isn't mentioned, but in the Scottish Rite, (you know, where the evil 33rd's are made) Jesus is a central figure in several degrees. I guess selective knowledge is best when you are a hater.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So do you think any of your members are atheists?

Can you explain for everyone else why an atheist might lie to get along in the world where atheists are generally the least accepted demographic?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not that I am personally aware of.

Can you explain for everyone else why an atheist might lie to get along in the world where atheists are generally the least accepted demographic?

You want me to tell you how someone else thinks? Not possible. I can only tell you how I think.

If there is any doubt on this you can contact the Grand Lodge of New Jersey and ask them:
    1) Do you admit Atheists?
    2) What would happen to a Mason who admitted he was an Atheist?

I personally have nothing against Atheists. I do have an issue with liars though and to gain admission in New Jersey you need to profess belief in a Supreme Being. Or lie on your application and in the interview process.

Do you think lying during both is acceptable?

edit on 4-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Not that I am personally aware of.

You want me to tell you how someone else thinks? Not possible. I can only tell you how I think.
I am asking what you think about it. I guess i worded that odd. Why do you think an atheist might not want to be an open atheist? Or might straight out lie when asked?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Why do you think an atheist might not want to be an open atheist? Or might straight out lie when asked?

No clue. But I do not care what the reason if they are trying to justify lying on the application or in the interview process.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Do you actually believe the masonic organization would allow this type of hearsay to spread if it was not true?

Not to feed into conspiracy theories or anything, but misinformation would be a fabulous way to keep people confused about your organization, if that were your goal.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

Just to prove that I am not completely evil I took a quick photo of my Masonic Bible. I decided to put the J-Man in there to counteract all the demons living inside it:

I have not believed in Christian dogma since I was 8 or so, how am I religious?

Interesting so you do have a Christ on the Cross and you don´t believe in J-man. Yet the pose how you put these items together in one picture Intentional sarcasm ? Your picture sends a message intentional or not. Masonry do not believe in J-man and you have just prooved it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Interesting so you do have a Christ on the Cross and you don´t believe in J-man. Yet the pose how you put these items together in one picture Intentional sarcasm ? Your picture sends a message intentional or not. Masonry do not believe in J-man and you have just prooved it.

Now you are gonna see what a sick bastard I really am. That was the cross that came back with my father's cremains.

Oh, noes, I am evil to the nth degree.

edit on 4-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What degree you are atm at masonry ? So we saw the masonic bible on video clip, i wonder what explanation they have given you for Babylonian and Egyptian Gods and why they are in freemasons bible ?
I am sure you have read mason bible just for curiosity if not else.. how different it is from King james version, is genesis and Eve represented same way or is there this mysterious Ialdabaoth who created Eve ?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

There is some of the Hiramic Legend in the front, sections covering the portions used in the York and Scottish Rites with references, explanations of the symbolism and a glossary.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Religion... as such?
No.
Just the belief in God, GAOTU.

You can't be an atheist an be a Mason.

You can be any religion you want if you are a mason...you just can't say the said god name of your religion at Masonic meetings...so I hear
edit on 4-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'm no genius.

But are you saying that Masons are regular people?

Is that your assertion?

Because, if so, then this is huge!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

That is accurate as long as you believe in a Supreme Being.

edit on 4-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do I strike you as 'regular' or a 'people'?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Do I strike you as 'regular' or a 'people'?

Actually, no.

*whew*

I was ascared for a second.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

That is accurate as long as you believe in a Supreme Being.

Personally I think I am Atheist....sort of have Cath/Chris background but never did go to church.

That said, I believe in something higher but cannot put a face or name to it.

I think a lot of Gods are worshiped and some religions want to harvest you to follow their religion. I probably think every religion is good if you follow their faith the right way for mankind. I think it is your right to choose whom you would like to learn about and follow more and should not have to feel pressured or be criticized by society or other religions just because you follow another path.

If you do good for society then you should be praised. If you do good for society and then get torn apart by other religions, then shame on those religions.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
That said, I believe in something higher but cannot put a face or name to it.

I am in the same boat as you then. I am panentheistic so I just call it God and move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join