It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump stares down a KKK shirt-Oklahoma style....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
the cult of personality has many dangerous historical, and current precedents (- sounds like presidents!). i get a 'gigantic posters of ME(him) everywhere' vibe from the idea of the donald as president.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Well, that protester is just stating the facts, you know, the KKK does indeed endorse Trump. Neo Nazis in general.

Donald Trump supported by former KKK leader David Duke: 'I hope he does everything we hope he will do'

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I'm pretty sure that's just an internet myth pushed by conservatives.

State Sen. Stephen Martin says Democratic Party created the Ku Klux Klan

Details about the hate group’s founding are murky -- including the exact year it began. Some cite 1865 as its start, others say it was 1867. Historians generally agree it was founded by a handful of Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tenn. as a social fraternity and it quickly changed into a violent group that terrorized newly empowered black and white Republicans in the South.

"The party lines of the 1860s/1870s are not the party lines of today," she wrote to us. "Although the names stayed the same, the platforms of the two parties reversed each other in the mid-20th century, due in large part to white ‘Dixiecrats’ flight out of the Democratic Party and into the Republican Party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. By then, the Democratic Party had become the party of ‘reform,’ supporting a variety of ‘liberal’ causes, including civil rights, women’s rights, etc. whereas this had been the banner of the Republican Party in the nineteenth century."

Elaine Frantz Parsons, an associate professor at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh said that most post-Civil War southern whites were Democrats who were unhappy with Republican policies on Reconstruction while large numbers of newly-freed slaves were Republicans.

"So it is not surprising that the Reconstruction era Klan would have been very largely Democrats attacking Republicans," Parsons said in an e-mail. "But this simply does not map well at all onto the party structure we know today. Among other things, the Republicans (during Reconstruction) were condemned as the party of big government and as wanting to centralize authority on the federal level."

edit on 27-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadAgain

Let's talk about how that never happened. Staring down someone IS NOT violence.

So he wasn't removed by security? What part are you missing? He didn't leave because Donald Trump glowered him out of the building.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

He looked like a plant to me....could it have been a photo op for the democrats to have this ding dong in the crowd?

Why? Because a person can't possibly disagree with Trump?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Right, a red face with a black hair having his t-shirt written, KKK endorsing trump! Looks-like an average Joe planted by ???

Seems legit ...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadAgain

Trump crushed that guys family jewels. I love how leftists are used to no one standing up to them and go into fetal position when someone finally does.

And I love it when Trump and his die hard followers throw a tantrum whenever their logic is questioned.

Trump is a clown and some of his followers are hiding behind political correctness to justify his bat guano crazy ideas. The Guy has been married to foreign woman-How about we build a wall to stop trump poaching young brides from abroad? He wouldn't stand for that.

Yes he has the right to say what he wants, and we have the right to say that he is talking out of his rectum. Whenever Trump is challenged he spits out the pacifier and cries foul when his faulty logic comes into question. These are not qualities you would want in a leader. I'm not a Hilliary fan either but I'd prefer a deceptive woman with experience over an inexperienced spoiled brat any day.

edit on 27-2-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

edit on 27-2-2016 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This country is being run by idiots I'm afraid.

Or adult children, I don't know which.

Sandbox rules…

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Read your own article its not a myth. Your article isn't even addressing the same issue. The article is about someone claiming the democrat party STARTED the KKK. That's not the same issue. Your excepts even claim they terrorized white republicans along with blacks. I know the parties are different now my point was more about the issue of guilt by association even though in both instances the association isn't one freely made. Who cares if David Duke endorses someone unless that person chooses to also endorse Duke and to freely associate with him.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

This is why Hillary should win.

Devil and the deep blue sea as far as I'm concerned. Hillary has already stated her Caesar like ambitions…

"We came, we saw, he died", video comes to mind.

If she gets elected it will be, "I came I saw and everyone died…"

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I can't say that I love it.

The speed with which his supporters mash the big red button and go full nuclear is honestly kind of scary to me.

"Oh you don't think it's a good idea? Well I'm gonna attack you in a very personal way, on every level I can, and then claim moral and intellectual superiority when you give up and refuse to join into my pissing contest!"

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I guess you never heard about the KKK Grand Wizard from Louisiana that was a Democrat presidential candidate.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So far here's the score:

People accusing Trump of having the same values as the KKK getting "stared down" by Trump: 1

People who are actually in the KKK saying that getting stared down by Trump: 0

The KKK show up to his rallies and he's never singled them out this way. Maybe his father's KKK membership makes him have a soft spot for them.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You should re read the whole article and then you will, hopefully, see that the democrats did not create the KKK but since you have on rose tinted conservative glasses I doubt you will come to that conclusion. Deny ignorance or embrace it? Your choice.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Probably not since I don't follow the KKK but still doesn't have any basis for the Dems creating the KKK.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: DeadAgain
a reply to: theantediluvian

I didn't see any physical violence used. Not our fault some people need to run to their safe space or go into fetal position when people simply look at them in disgust or challenge them when they are acting like idiots.

So because the cameras don't show the person being dragged out, you assume that he just run away and curled up in a fetal position somewhere BECAUSE OF THE LOOKS OF DISGUST?

Did you even read the article linked in the OP?

Kicked out: Trump stopped his speech and stared at the man until security removed him from the building

That's not running away and curling up. Furthermore, look at this picture again:

Does that guy look scared as he's in a crowd of Trump's frothy mouthed supporters standing up to the leader of their cult? Yet here you are on an INTERNET FORUM talking about THAT guy's cowardice.

LOL.

You know, I have to say something to this. See, this guy wasn't afraid, he wasn't afraid to be in the middle of a group of "frothy mouthed supporters" and he wasn't afraid of the "leader of their cult"

Do you know what that means? It means that neither Trump, nor his supporters, are scary evil people. Just people, who want EVERYONE to be equal under the law (what a concept!) and want a president who will make some better decisions for this country.

Not scary, not evil, just normal people with a vision for this nation. No one but your left winger protester was wearing a KKK shirt, let's face it.

I'm more worried about those who think such things are cool because it brings a false sense of bad publicity than those individuals who want them thrown out (of a private event mind you, which even Clinton and Sanders security does)!

edit on 27-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You should re read the whole article and then you will, hopefully, see that the democrats did not create the KKK but since you have on rose tinted conservative glasses I doubt you will come to that conclusion. Deny ignorance or embrace it? Your choice.

As a secret vigilante group, the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871, the federal government passed the Enforcement Acts, which were successfully enforced in prosecuting and suppressing Klan crimes.[21]

The first Klan had mixed results in terms of achieving its objectives. It seriously weakened the black political establishment through its use of assassinations and threats of violence; it drove some people out of politics. On the other hand, it caused a sharp backlash, with passage of federal laws that historian Eric Foner says were a success in terms of "restoring order, reinvigorating the morale of Southern Republicans, and enabling blacks to exercise their rights as citizens."[22] Historian George C. Rable argues that the Klan was a political failure and therefore was discarded by the Democratic leaders of the South. He says:

"...the Klan declined in strength in part because of internal weaknesses; its lack of central organization and the failure of its leaders to control criminal elements and sadists. More fundamentally, it declined because it failed to achieve its central objective – the overthrow of Republican state governments in the South."[23]

From Wiki (yeah, yeah. I don't care). Bold emphasis mine.

So you were saying?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You should re read my post. I agree they did not START the KKK. That was never the issue though. The issue is association. To say Trump is a supporter of the KKK because someone in the KKK might support trump is a fallacy. I was using the association of many members of the KKK in their prime being democrats to the argument being used against Trump.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Do you know what that means? It means that neither Trump, nor his supporters, are scary evil people.

Or it could just mean that one assumes a certain degree of security from having the press in attendance? Are you forgetting how Trump lamented to the applause of his cult that they can't beat disruptive people to a pulp like the good old days?

“I love the old days, you know. You know what I hate?” Trump said as the protester was led away. “There’s a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, we’re not allowed to punch back anymore.”

“I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out in a stretcher, folks,” he said to applause.

Not scary, not evil, just normal people with a vision for this nation. No one but your left winger protester was wearing a KKK shirt, let's face it.

Everyone throws out people for wearing t-shirts?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join