It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump stares down a KKK shirt-Oklahoma style....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

No one said Trump is a supporter of the KKK but the fact is because of his words racists fully endorse him. If I was running for president that should really bother me and my supporters.

That said, Trump's father does have KKK connections.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

And what you don't read is that the Democrats of today have nothing in common with the Democrats of the 1800s. In fact, the roles of both the dems and repubs have switched all because of the Civil Rights movement.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Kitana

Or it could just mean that one assumes a certain degree of security from having the press in attendance? Are you forgetting how Trump lamented to the applause of his cult that they can't beat disruptive people to a pulp like the good old days?

“I love the old days, you know. You know what I hate?” Trump said as the protester was led away. “There’s a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, we’re not allowed to punch back anymore.”

“I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out in a stretcher, folks,” he said to applause.

Everyone throws out people for wearing t-shirts?

He was, according to appearances, being disruptive. They took away one sign, and he took off his jacket to reveal the shirt and the Jewish star, while he was hollering stuff. That is disruptive.

And as for throwing people out of rallies, who would you rather see thrown out of a rally: A left winger wearing a KKK shirt? Or a U.S. marine asking a politician about US foreign policy? www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You were talking about how it started. That's how it started.

And you don't like how it started, so you predictably claim that Reps were once Dems and Dems were once Reps to sanitize both your position and the history of the political institution you do the bidding of.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

No. The Dems didn't create the KKK no matter how much you want it to be true.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I agree that it's inaccurate to say that Trump has an actual association with the KKK but that's not the same as saying that his message hasn't been tailored to appeal along very similar lines to the same audience does it?

As for the Democrats and the KKK: there were actually quite a few southern Democrats involved with the Klan and some were members and among those, some were even Klan leaders. That's equally true of Republican politicians in the South during the Civil Rights era and before.

It's strange how things work out. Most people wouldn't know that Mitt's dad George marched alongside black protesters in Detroit (or for that matter, that he was a fan of Saul Alinsky) or what an actual racist LBJ was. Nonetheless, nominating a candidate like Goldwater in 1964, who voted against the Civil Rights Act (whatever his reasons may have been), changed everything and by 1968, Nixon's campaign was employing the "Southern Strategy" which even at the time was admittedly focused on the reliance of the "prodding" of black support for Democrats pushing "Negrophobe whites" to the Republican party.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No. The Dems didn't create the KKK no matter how much you want it to be true.

I am neither Democrat nor Republican, nor a member of the KKK, so it really doesn't matter to me personally which group is responsible. I'm just looking at history and stating facts you don't like.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Who's killed more innocent people the kkk or blacks of Chicago?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No one said Trump is a supporter of the KKK but the fact is because of his words racists fully endorse him. If I was running for president that should really bother me and my supporters.

That said, Trump's father does have KKK connections.

What racist words did he use?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibsAreBeta

Here's the state of conservatism in 2016 summed up in one comment.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You know what's really "beta?" Making a new account to hide behind.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ReadLeader

A man wearing a shirt that read 'KKK endorses Trump' caused a commotion at a rally in Oklahoma on Friday
The man was removed from the rally…

Trump represents the new intolerance…

Trumps rallies remind me of Pink Floyd's, The Wall. He's gonna build a bigger wall, round up all the illegals, forcibly evict them… his rallies are getting out of hand.

He hit the nerve of growing sentiment in this country that the Whites are losing power in America. That sentiment is growing and soon it will be unstoppable.

Hahaha. You think that sentiment is unstoppable? The same paranoid and RACIST white MALES that are behind this sentiment are the same ones that voted for McCain & Romney.

How did that work out?

I'm so tired of white nationalist kooks and their spoiled, entitled attitudes.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here is the problem, as I see it. The law is the law, there is one way to come into this country, and it is by legal means of application. To come by any other means, is against the law.

The law does not see circumstance, we do not let a murderer off, for instance, because he has children at home. And neither should the law concern itself with anyone who broke the law, other than the punishment for breaking the law when and if found to have done so. If someone is here illegally, not having gone through the application process, then they have indeed broken the law - and under the law all are equal - black, white, mexican, or any other race is not the consideration of the law. The law is the consideration of the law.

If these illegal immigrants were so worried for their families, they would have considered the consequences for breaking the law, prior to having done so.

Now, you can disagree with the law itself, which is your prerogative. But that means you must attempt to change the law through legal means. You may disagree with having an application process in order to obtain entry into this country, but if you disagree, then working to change the law is the thing to do. NOT supporting mass civil disobedience, which is what left wingers and some politicians are promoting. Large scale (nearly 30 million strong) breaking the law without consequence. What about drunk driving? Should that be next?

We need, in my opinion, an application process. I don't believe in open borders to all. I think jobs in this country are limited, I think welfare benefits should be as we cannot afford to give them away willy nilly, and I think approaching immigration as to what this country can handle is the best approach. So I agree with the enforcement of immigration laws, and I agree with having them.

I also think, that so long as we are at war with a group of people within Islam, who call themselves Muslims and act like Muslims in every way and are therefore indistinguishable from them until they blow something up, that we need to learn how to vet immigrants from Muslims majority countries. UNTIL which time as we have the ability to properly vet in such a manner we are not allowing those who we are at war with inside this country, then a hold on these immigrants is necessary - and has, at other times of war in this country, happened. BECAUSE we were at war. You don't let people you are at war with into your country, its not good sense.

Now, you can disagree with this, and see a huge rise in Islamic terrorism inside these borders, but WE are trying to work WITHIN the law, in order to keep this country just a bit safer during a time of war. We are not calling for mass disobedience. We are calling for common sense and asking for our government to halt immigration from Muslim majority countries until which time we learn how to vet these immigrants. Right now, we cannot distinguish a terrorist from a pacifist, and this is something to learn.

This is not racism any more than it was racist policy to prevent immigration in the past for a short time during times of war. This situation calls for it, once more. No one is saying forever.

SO agree or disagree all you like, but this does not make anyone racist. In fact, quite the opposite because it was also Muslims who were killed during the 9/11 attacks, and the call is in the hopes of keeping all Americans safe, including the Muslims, blacks, whites, brown people who are here. To call it racist to concern ourselves with the interests of ALL Americans within our borders, to call it racist to think all Americans should be put first, is ignorant indeed.
edit on 27-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Meh I think having tens of thousands of Internet posts is more beta than that.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Here's the state of conservatism in 2016 summed up in one comment.

When you know you're busted just cry racism classic play.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Meh I think having tens of thousands of Internet posts is more beta than that.

You wouldn't dare say racist things in public. You are a coward. You are beta.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Trump showed hostility to the ejected KKK shirt wearer while Clinton showed hostility and told a US Marine to shut up as he was ejected.

Trump wins again.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I'll do anything I please wherever I want to do it. What was racist though, asking who's killed more innocent people the kkk or the blacks in Chicago? Is that what you're referring to?
edit on 27-2-2016 by LibsAreBeta because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2016 by LibsAreBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: ReadLeader

Well, that protester is just stating the facts, you know, the KKK does indeed endorse Trump. Neo Nazis in general.

Donald Trump supported by former KKK leader David Duke: 'I hope he does everything we hope he will do'

And now for the rest of the story.

"I didn't even know he endorsed me," Trump said.

"David Duke endorsed me? OK, alright. I disavow, OK?" Trump Said.

Sorry to ruin your propaganda.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
You're not stereotyping all conservatives as white and racist are you?

"Black people kill more black people every six months than the KKK did in 86 years," Allen West, a black man.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join