It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Professor Explains How Our Children Have Been Indoctrinated Into The New World Order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Taught to live in the present, with no anchors to the past, this generation is perfectly suited for the task ahead of them.

I don't really agree with this statement but I agree with most of what the professor is saying. . I find people are being coerced into not living the present. Rather than living the moment, everyone seems to prefer to film it so they can watch it later. Memories are viewed through the screen of the latest Iphone.

Privatization and funding is the biggest problem with our universities and tertiary colleges. They have become businesses not places of education. Most Australian universities would not survive without the huge number of international students that pay top dollar and in return expect to pass. Education is secondary to the need for ongoing revenue. The other issue comes from the do-gooders of this world that have convinced everyone it is wrong to fail young people because it hurts their feelings.

My brother is a professor and former dean of a major Australian University. He told me it is virtually impossible to fail a student these days no matter how bad they perform. They won't risk their reputation internationally by failing a paying international student because they need them to keep coming. This then makes it to difficult to fail local students as well because if the student sues them for discrimination they would probably win. A group of lecturers that took a stand and failed a group of students for blatant plagiarism all lost their jobs and the students were then given a pass.

The result is that we will have a generation or two of complete morons running the world.

Every aspect of our lives has now been infected by corporate greed. The privatization of our tertiary education systems, the need for corporate funding, advertising revenue and the pressure of industry lobby groups on our politicians ensures that nobody dares to reign in their control. The media needs their advertising revenue, universities need their research funding and access to their patents, and they have the power to destroy political parties that don't tow the line.

That is why you won't hear any protest songs on MTV or any other MSM music channel these days. There are plenty of great bands out there trying to help wake up the masses. But protest songs generally upset corporations, industries or political parties and we can't have that can we. Think of all that advertising revenue we would lose.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

This has been the case for many years, it goes way back. It is also the same for all countries and control coming from within governments. There is always been a control on information, the burning of books. Now the descruction of self, religious or otherwise personal traits. This is being removed as all any country wants are drones, to do drone work. Every country these days live in envy over egypt and how they could control so many as slaves. They want the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

But I weep for them, for what is rightfully theirs but hasn’t been given. On our best days, I discern their longing and anguish and I know that their innate human desire to know who they are, where they have come from, where they ought to go, and how they ought to live will always reassert itself.
]
So astute, so sad…

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Is there such thing as too much time spent on ancient egypt? I mean your founding fathers brought obelisks and a giant statue of Isis into new york, obviously they thought it was important for you to worship

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

It's a great essay.

But the fault can't be laid entirely on institutions. The break down of family and community are to blame, as well.

As someone on the outer edge of the Millennial age group, on this cusp of Gen X, I can tell you my generation in largely rootless because our boomer parents were the most phenomenally selfish generation ever to hit the planet. They experimented with drugs, sex, career...trying on roles and pitching their parents knowledge and values into the fire. Because, well, what would those old farts know?

Here's how we fix it: be responsible. Teach your own children. Make commitments of our own, for a lifetime, to our communities and to a spouse. Stop experimenting with life like selfish overgrown children and actually live it. Grow to be grandparentsand be there for our children, as mentors and guides,at every step and turn. And don't leave anything to institutions or experts.

Show the boomer brats how it's done and PARENT.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

You know.....linguistically, its a short hop from Polish to Ukranian and from there to Russian.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
I'm not sure about Ukrainian, but I know that the Polish and Russian alphabets are very different despite similar sounding and meaning words.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

My apologies to the OP but I cannot let a post comparing Nazis with the Confederacy to go unanswered.

The sins of slavery belonged to the ENTIRE United States. To vilify ONLY the South because of slavery is historical ignorance of the first degree and more than ever that ignorance is being held as truth. Slavery earned handsome profits for Northerners.

#1. Nazi Germany invaded dozens of countries, how many did the Confederacy invade?
#2. The Nazis built camps for the Jews, who did the Southerners try to exterminate?

Please resist making such comparisons that have no basis in fact.

ETA: Erasing history or revising it to fit today's moral standards leads to denial of heritage- slavery bad - confederacy bad - founding fathers bad - founding documents invalid (written by slave holders). This is how to create empty vessels alright as well as destroy the foundations of the United States itself.
edit on 22-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know, right? What an amazing paragraph, not just for its perception but for its brutal truth. It is perhaps the only thing written about the New World Order that has so much eloquence it makes us cry.

Let's face it---most essays, most activists, most posts about the New World Order are written in anger and fear---and justifiably so. But what gets lost sometimes is how incredibly sad this is.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I didn't write about Nazis or slavery. That was someone else.

And I don't see how it has much bearing anyway on this amazingly astute, brutally honest and perfectly written essay by Professor Deneen.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Historical revisionism is key to destroying one's links with their own ancestors.
It very much does apply to creating empty minds easily led the desired direction.
I rather doubt Prof. Deneen would admit his own institution is part of that very process.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

Hmmm, interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing that.

As a certified member of the experimental generation you are talking about, I agree with you on some points. But I assert that my generation brought about a necessary sea change in evolution. There was very little room to express oneself in the 1940's and 1950's as we were very socially conditioned. The 1960's sought to reverse this way of life, bringing civil rights to the fore, experimenting with "forbidden" things like '___' to learn about consciousness, and to lash out against the establishment---like the military industrial complex. My generation brought the ideas of "peace" and "love" into the mix, along with an acceptance of psychotherapy, women's rights, new ways of expressing oneself in art and on the big screen...and well, you get the idea. It was a huge change for humanity and there are many important social changes that came about that brought awareness to humanity----think of yoga, meditation, foods from other cultures that were introduced. Think of Elvis and the Beatles and how this new way of expressing ourselves led to changes in music and other modes of expression.

I was a much better parent than my parents. I didn't spank my children but treated them with respect and they are successful, independent adults now. I spent a lot of time with them teaching them things. In the 1950's, kids practically raised themselves while their parents sipped cocktails with the neighbors and didn't see the importance of prioritizing their children. My generation is the first to actually take parenting seriously, and while we might have swung too far in one direction, at least we tried to take responsibility for the kind of children we were going to send out into the world as adults.

As for divorce? Well, the truth is not everyone is meant to be together forever. We change and divorce was once incredibly taboo in our society. My grandmother stayed with an abusive idiot her whole life because divorce just wasn't done back then. I shudder to think what her life must have been like. Yes, again, we swung too far in that direction--divorcing as if we were eating candy---but it was an important social change for society.

I hope I've given you some perspective

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thats why I locked onto it in your OP. Of all people this man would know what these kids are going through, he is with them every day. They aren't ignorant.

I can identify with their longing for fulfillment, purpose, a future.

What do they see? A life riddled with low paying menial jobs and endless debt obscured by endless war. What path to choose must be a nightmare.

Tanks for bringing the perspective…

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There's nothing there that a Marxist wouldn't agree with. He doesn't use the buzzwords but the key ideas are there.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

As with any over-generalization, it glosses over individuals that don't fit the stereotype.

That said, knowing my own experience with an emotionally and physically AWOL " intellectual" dad who "transcended" his need to be around, because money, sex and travel were much more interesting than I life in the burbs with some funny looking little girl not slated to "make the grade"....

And knowing my friends, whose drug-addled parents were too " free" to be confined to caring for their offspring.

And seeing the looters and robbers who ran the country to hell...

I'm a little angry at the "sea change" generation. Was there good with the bad? Of course, there always is.

Was it a good idea to have basically burn down tradition without a clear thought regarding what to keep?

No.

The boomers threw the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Not getting many biters with your posts these days, eh?

People might take you more seriously if you didn't make such ridiculous comparisons. CSA = Nazi Germany?? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you, too, were failed by the American public education system.

Here we are folks, more evidence supporting the OP.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Schools and colleges are not here to replace home and family.

When parents don't pass to their children their own experiences, their knowledge, family traditions, don't discuss their origins, don't have their meals together, don't have clever conversation that araises their kids's curiosity, the entire society is doomed.

Education should start when you first say "mama" and "dada". If, as a parent, you fail in giving your children the will to know more about anything, schools and colleges become simply "diploma suppliers". No college can fill uncurious minds. They cannot force knowledge onto indiferent individuals. They cannot rescue numb beings.

Colleges don't form or transform people into Zombies, they enter the college perimeter as zombies and they leave it as zombies only with a diploma in their hands - apart for few exceptions (of course).

So, in conclusion, there's nothing wrong with students. There's something wrong with the institution we once called family. And, if by any chance you need me to corroborate my assertion, go check how slowly is the decay of children who come from homes where family is still valued, honored and laboriously kept.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

It's a great essay.

But the fault can't be laid entirely on institutions. The break down of family and community are to blame, as well.

As someone on the outer edge of the Millennial age group, on this cusp of Gen X, I can tell you my generation in largely rootless because our boomer parents were the most phenomenally selfish generation ever to hit the planet. They experimented with drugs, sex, career...trying on roles and pitching their parents knowledge and values into the fire. Because, well, what would those old farts know?

Here's how we fix it: be responsible. Teach your own children. Make commitments of our own, for a lifetime, to our communities and to a spouse. Stop experimenting with life like selfish overgrown children and actually live it. Grow to be grandparentsand be there for our children, as mentors and guides,at every step and turn. And don't leave anything to institutions or experts.

Show the boomer brats how it's done and PARENT.

THIS^

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So true....in relating to History, just look at current television

The History Channel, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, now hardly ever show anything that one would assume their channel names would indicate.

Now its full of reality shows, and programming that offers more entertainment about bigfoot and loggers than actual history, or Science.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tsctsc

Amen. When pop culture and schools become surrogates for the masses, we're screwed as a society. Raising children as defacto orphans breeds angry, frustrated, rudderless adults.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join