It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Professor Explains How Our Children Have Been Indoctrinated Into The New World Order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In what I consider to be one of the most important essays written recently on the indoctrination of our children into a New World Order, Professor Patrick Deneen of Notre Dame sizes up the situation with this zinger:

Our students’ ignorance is not a failing of the educational system – it is its crowning achievement. Efforts by several generations of philosophers and reformers and public policy experts — whom our students (and most of us) know nothing about — have combined to produce a generation of know-nothings.

Nowhere in this essay does Professor Deneen say the words "New World Order," but he has been awakened to something sinister that is happening, proof that people from all walks of life are awakening to this reality and speaking out:

Our students are the achievement of a systemic commitment to producing individuals without a past for whom the future is a foreign country, cultureless ciphers who can live anywhere and perform any kind of work without inquiring about its purposes or ends

Professor Deneen so beautifully expresses what so many of us know but lack the ability to express quite so perfectly.

The main object of modern education is to sand off remnants of any cultural or historical specificity and identity that might still stick to our students, to make them perfect company men and women for a modern polity and economy that penalizes deep commitments.

Yes! Yes! Beautifully put. There are other ways we have been "sanded off," such as opening the borders, trade treaties and the like.

Our education system produces solipsistic, self-contained selves whose only public commitment is an absence of commitment to a public, a common culture, a shared history. They are perfectly hollowed vessels, receptive and obedient, without any real obligations or devotions.

And he argues, because of this, because we have made them hollowed vessels, they fight for nothing:

They won’t fight against anyone, because that’s not seemly, but they won’t fight for anyone or anything either. They are living in a perpetual Truman Show, a world constructed yesterday that is nothing more than a set for their solipsism, without any history or trajectory.

Taught to live in the present, with no anchors to the past, this generation is perfectly suited for the task ahead of them.

They are the culmination of western civilization, a civilization that has forgotten nearly everything about itself, and as a result, has achieved near-perfect indifference to its own culture.

He doesn't blame the students, realizing that they are living in a construct not of their making, but read how this ends. Read his conclusion and tell me you are not awakened by this, not chilled to the bone:

I love my students – like any human being, each has enormous potential and great gifts to bestow upon the world. But I weep for them, for what is rightfully theirs but hasn’t been given. On our best days, I discern their longing and anguish and I know that their innate human desire to know who they are, where they have come from, where they ought to go, and how they ought to live will always reassert itself. But even on those better days, I can’t help but hold the hopeful thought that the world they have inherited – a world without inheritance, without past, future, or deepest cares – is about to come tumbling down, and that this collapse would be the true beginning of a real education.

Please do not seek to cheapen his words with your response. I am asking you to respect that this man has been a professor for many years, knows something about American campuses, is a bright and intelligent man. Surely you are not smarter than him when it comes to student pathos. But instead, let's open a dialogue about where we go from here. How we stop the future from "tumbling down."

I urge you to read this essay in its entirety here:

Source: www.mindingthecampus.org...

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not that old. But I remember my elementary school celebrating confederate war heros day. I read not long ago many places are pulling statues of confederates and changing names that bear their likness, it seems, to me at any rate, that its "racist" to celebrate heritage. I don't like what I see becoming of the youth in the US, and the professor hit the nail on the head, US education system wants drones not free thinking humans. It may just be me but children and young people are soft, they have no gumption, a generation of quiters and pushovers. Though it may not be in line with your idea of "where we go" my children will not forget their heritage, and or that sometimes you gotta fight. Great post. S&f

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Leto2

Thanks for the response. I'm so glad you are fighting for our lost heritage with your children.

I sense that my two of my three grown children are beyond help. Despite our gentle probing and discussions about what is happening in our country, they are out shopping, not up on politics, not interested in my activism at all. They are now a product of social conditioning and a university education.

The oldest daughter, however, totally sees it, and is very outspoken and educated about what is happening.

I guess one out of three isn't so bad.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That's a pretty damning opinion from one of the elites own educational edifices. I cannot claim to know his students minds but if one were to look at popular culture; movies, television - even public television, I could call him half-right.
What you don't see are historical dramas or educational programs that show the European heritage of many Americans. You will also never see anything regarding the US civil war that paints Southerners as anything but racist slave owners. The history given tends to show everything from the minority viewpoint and always portrays them in opposition to the White, European Americans. Forgotten are the waves of European immigrants and the starvation and persecution that drove them to our shores.

The part he is half wrong about is Black Americans; they are getting plenty of education about their history and great figures from their past. They are gaining a greater historical perspective than they have ever had.
Certain parts of the United States past seem forgotten altogether; the war of 1812, Spanish American war, Mexican war, World War 1. The rise of trade unionism and the struggle for workers rights. The basics of government that were once taught as "civics".

The educational system bears it's fair share of the blame but it takes the complicity of the media and Hollywood to completely ignore critical parts and participants of our collective history to make these young minds unfilled vessels useful for industry and ripe for propaganda.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

While I appreciate your thoughts, I think you've missed the point.

What he is trying to say is that this generation--and the rest that will follow--have been conditioned to become worker drones who won't question the status quo and who will happily march into the New World Order because that is what they have been conditioned to do.

This was not so much a comment on the education system as much as it was a warning that our student's minds are being hijacked to carry out the tenants of globalization and total control.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss
I have to say, being in college, those within my age group have little care for current events and instead watch some senseless videos that cause them to burst out in laughter. Of coursesome entertainment is good, but in my experience that unless the news has hit social media they are unaware and do not care to be made aware. An example I can provide of this is the November Paris attacks. I had tried to tell them, but they did not wish to hear it only later to mention it themselves when it was popular to know about it which caused for me to almost rant on ATS. The educational system was always geared to produce workers, but now it is geared to produce workers with far less soul and insight though of course I've seen exceptions, however rare.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was taught in the system 10 years ago.
Here are some highlights on what I remember.
Way way too much time spent on ancient egypt.

once europeans get to the new world, what is happening in europe is left out until world war 1.

nothing about the Holy roman empire except it exist. Austro-hungary nada., ottomans nope, Luther nada, brief mention of adam smith, locke & hobbes nada, hume nope, rosseau nah. enlightement and the religious wars nope, barbary pirates nope.

The italian renaissance is covered but the real meat happens later in the enlightenment. John locke by himself is as influential as the whole italian renaissance in modern civilization.

History stops after world war 2, except for civil rights.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I'm not even sure what I was thought in high school. Mind you I enjoy history, but it all seemed like a great skim of it all missing many vital pieces. No details whatsoever despite being a two year class (world history).

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I feel you i am a senior in collage and its hard to be around all the zombies and robots. Even the "smart kids" who get good grades have the critical thinking skills of a rock. I try to talk about current events and politics, all a get is blank stares and the cleaver response "idk about that stuff". talk about some famous fool or a water skiing squirrel and you can't get them to shut up.

I do feel that it done on purpose,many teachers are teaching globalist propaganda even if they don't know it and the students never question it. I will never stop preaching though lol, even if i get labeled a nut i rather be a nut then a sell out who gave up their mind to fit in.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I remember every year at least one or more months dedicated to the Holocaust, and one month to civil rights, 90% of which was Martin Luther King Jr. Specific.

I remember the Holocaust specifically being rehashed over and over and over, til I could emotionally feel nothing for the event or it's victims due to overexposure. Which pisses me off cause I'm one of those types that are typically very empathic towards others. I do not like having my emotions robbed from me in such a horrific fashion.

That was 20 years ago though in that range...

edit on 2/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack
The exact response when I went up to friends about refugees and Paris Attacks: "I don't want to hear about it". And went on talking about some nonsense which has no meaning, but pointless entertainment.

That's what I'm talking about, those videos that I can't generally seem to quite find the laughter they do.

Hopefully I survive the ignorance and don't become so myself. It's too late for me to fit in anyway. I find more joy speaking with a squirrel than those my age and spend hours on the phone with my mom at times simply because she is an adult with whom I can discuss music, which no other in college likes that which I like (metal and punk), I dress all black for metal, have hair going down my back, and have little social interaction because they all seem so boring. There are rare exceptions and it's nice to find company in ATS where just about everyone is senior to me.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Wanna educate Americans while simultaneously dealing a death blow to the NWO?

Force everyone in American to watch Money Masters.

edit on 21-2-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Based on most of the crap I read here regarding the education system, I think there is a lot of truth in the OP..scary amount of truth.
Be very involved in your child's education..fill in the gaps and do not assume they are getting the same education we did.
edit on 21-2-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
And to instill within them the desire of always wanting to have more knowledge.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yes, it's a falling away, huh!!
Not to worry....this will correct itself soon....in your lifetime.....read the little print below....

edit on 21-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Don't lose hope and be proud of you who you are and with the fact that you have knowledge and spirit, something they gave up for conformity. My advice is always speak your mind, if they don't want to hear it, you know not to bother in the future, but you would be surprised sometimes people know whats up. I like to make sport of my peers and teachers, i love calling them out on their BS; I have teachers tripping up, there are also a few of them who respected me for it.

You always got ATS, i am a newbie to, but i gotta tell you i feel like i found my people. Loving it here

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack
Yes the membership is grand, so long you take breaks from the political arguments

And of course always to be unique and of soul rather than another human manufactured like all the rest. There are still a couple worth discussing with that I know in reality, and all of you. I'm sure it's entertaining to call them out and the professors reaction is good. I wanted to mention a point in my Intro to International Politics class, but withheld. The topic was relatively anti-Marxist/Communist and I wanted to make the point that the end result is similar with capitalism. In both there end up being a small group in power with the rest remaining relatively poor.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Very reminiscent of this thread brave new world

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Couldn't have said it any better, Education these days is not about gaining knowledge it's about being trained into a good little workers following routine and rules and never questioning.

I'm fortunate to have friends that will discuss politics and current events however their political beliefs are too ingrained and one sided for them to see the greater picture of just what exactly is going on in the world and the causes behind it.

When I went to university I had grand illusions of it being a hub of knowledge, collaboration and creativity, boy was I wrong, for a creative person like myself I felt I was suffocated on my course which was supposedly a more creative based course than other BSc courses. I quit in my final year because I'd just had enough and was fed up of having to jump through what I considered BS hoops in order to get a piece of paper to certify for me doing things that I can already do without the paper and not actually be tied down to strict rules & regulations depriving me of any creativity and thirst for knowledge.
edit on 21/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the professor has the perfect professional employment to voice these opinions, however outside an academic setting and into the business world itself, it's a whole different ballgame.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join