It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Professor Explains How Our Children Have Been Indoctrinated Into The New World Order

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

That's the trouble I see in school. To often classes seem structured to stress kids out and make learning a painful, tedious task. I don't get that.

We need Renaissance men and women. They're the one who will fix the mess. And parents, communities and extended families have the best chance to make this happen. We've done what we've done on a tight budget for a family of 6. It can be done.

I don't know the whole story, just that he was upset and wanted his daughter out of there. What happened next, God knows.

There's a definite moral break down. Of course, out of wedlock births are as old as time. I just wish we lived in a world that was more level-headed. Killing doesn't solve anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium
To go along with the theme of the thread, it could easily be that the system does not wish for the citizens to become knowledgeable and the worst way to do so is by suppressing knowledge and the best way? Dissuade from learning and instilling a relation between boredom and learning is done from an early age, largely successful. Think of the psychological experiments done testing relations between a bell and food for Pavlov's dogs for example. There are better ones, but this pops into mind.

Six children, the very same number my mother was of. I agree, people, both men and women, that are able to complete multiple tasks within multiple very diverse fields. The unification of knowledge so to speak is necessary.

Hopefully the story ended fine, can't quite imagine.

See, I brought up morals (and don't take this as attack, but instead as possible disagreement) and you bring up marriage. More importantly. I brought up the deterioration of morals and you children born out of wedlock. See, people don't have to be married to be in love and a child does not need to be born to married parents to be a product of love. In fact I'd argue that people in marriages tend to fall out of love even more (though I'm certain this varies). But such thinking is logical. I mean, if you're married you might think that you already have the person, why really bother trying and then it just becomes a habit to be together. When I said product of love (children) I meant out of a good relationship of MUTUAL love. That word is key as I was going for abortion only in cases of sexual abuse.

If the world were level headed, if the human species were rational there would be no war, but we are not rational creatures and never were.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
--John Adams

I agree. Without a moral populace, or at least one influenced by the idea of moral-uprightness, we have nothing. I understand there is a great deal of hatred toward Christianity. In the case of false Christianity, this anger is not totally unjustified, but true Christian ideals of love, charity, and selflessness are another matter. Without that love of goodness and a push toward the common good of all, how can democracy exist? Selfish people will vote only for selfish aims--whatever benefits their pocket-book will rule the day. Immoral, selfish people cannot govern themselves.

As I tell my kids, if you don't control YOURSELF others will step in to control YOU. Your freedom rests on your good character. The more trustworthy and knowledgeable you are, the more you will be given as a result. The less trustworthy and knowledgeable, the less you will have to work with until one day you have NOTHING. That's what I tell them day in, day out, every day.

Therefore the solution is responsibility, hard work, and the love of others over self. Anything less, and life in the US and the world will unravel.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's not clear if the system is always actively trying to cause harm, or that the harm is the result of botched attempts at "usefulness". I'd personally wager it's a blend of ineptitude and malevolence that gives us the current state of affairs in education. Although, at the highest levels, I do think the dumbing down of the masses would be a clear advantage for people who might benefit from a country full of immoral rubes running around blindly satisfying lower urges.

Abortion/Morals: Sorry, I didn't articulate that well. I mean, people harshly punished women for out of wedlock birth. That's just wrong. My husband and I weren't married for a long time, and I definitely felt the punishment. My oldest, the scholar, was out of wedlock, and the rash of crap that cascaded down on my head for that extends even to the present day--the positive end to the story be hanged. Women shouldn't be punished for "surprise" pregnancies and children, innocent of any wrong doing, should not be killed for it. Having lived the experience, I don't equate moral decay with how many fingers have rings on them. It's the idea that responsibility is to be avoided. That sex is a casual thing that should somehow exist "consequence free" through the dubious "safe sex".

Pregnancy isn't evil, is my take-away. Anyone caught up in a difficult situation should be shown love and support to make the best out of those difficulties. Pouring more suffering on a person never changes anything. Murder definitely doesn't. The prolife movement, at its best, seeks to reach out to those who suffer. At its worst, though, it strokes the ego and conscience of people with only a passing interest in others.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
History was lacking in my education as well. What I received as
an education was a (nearly) useless recitation of dates and names,
in preparation for test day. The schools (and it is even more-so now)
was more concerned about passing grades than actually educating
students.

A perfect example is simple math. We have a generation of students
who can easily solve algebraic equations on paper, but lack the ability
to make change of a dollar.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Our students are the achievement of a systemic commitment to producing individuals without a past for whom the future is a foreign country, cultureless ciphers who can live anywhere and perform any kind of work without inquiring about its purposes or ends.

Unfortunately, we can't lay this way of being at the feet of the young.

I fought this battle for years, in the end I finally had to throw in the towel. The majority of the people I worked with over the last 40 years are very good at complaining, but they would take no action to improve their situation.

Every time the higher ups came up with some stupid BS changes or mandates, no one ever ever asked "why"; even when it was clear it was a bad decision. I was supported strongly by my co-workers, right up to the moment that I brought the problems to the corporate doors. At that point, they all magically disappeared, and when questioned by the higher ups, everything was just wonderful; leaving me hanging out to dry.

At least the young have an excuse. They have never known anything else. We are the ones that replaced critical thinking and a purpose driven life, with a world of robotic, computerized, drama, and a cookie cutter lifestyle that is video shared 24/7.

We can't blame anyone but ourselves for bring the devil home, and handing our children over to him.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm sure much of the harm is done by them lacking ability, I mean they aren't exactly geniuses, some of them are downright morons it would seem (politics). It just keeps running through my head that we are on our way to Dystopiaville.

Ah ok, I understand now. It is wrong and I'm not quite certain what is wrong with it, with "bastard" children. What does it even matter so long they were products of love. Yes, marriage has nothing to do with morals. Think of the marriages that were caused by accidental pregnancies, how are those better? They were of "necessity" and not love. The logic used by people is often times illogical. The morals of the modern society are to have no morals and to not be caught with that moral.

How could pregnancy ever be thought of as evil? Now the act may be, and only if it is by sexual abuse. Clearly that is evil, but not the pregnancy itself. People should always be shown love! I am prolife not for the mother, but for the child, but that does not mean I am indifferent to the mother. But the child comes first I would think.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

There seems to be a real downturn in the intelligence of our leaders. I tend to agree with Kurt Vonnegut in his quotes re: politicians being selected from the unbalanced among us. Also, that it's terrifying to see one's high school class in power. I've yet to see that happen, but I'm terrified of the day the class of 98' hits the stage. If there's a USA left by that point.

As for children, it's God's call, or the Creator, or some power outside our jurisdiction, if you like, that should have say over who lives and dies. We're just not wise enough to make those decisions--men or women. We just don't know who that person is and what purpose they might have. Compassion toward mother and baby should be paramount. No matter the circumstances.

The one morality that should unite us all is to love others and be humble. It's a high bar, but without it, we're sunk.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There's an old saying that people rise to their level of incompetence. I've seen this happen in the various jobs I've had. It's why I freelance. The garbage I've seen in non-profit, government and corporate sectors is simply staggering. Having seen the way things "work" I don't understand how it all continues. Dumb luck, that's all I can figure.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Quite a good author though I do need to read more of his work besides Harrison Bergeron..At least you're class of '98...I'm waiting for class of '15...I can't even imagine what they end up doing. Can't say I have faith. Why wouldn't the USA be around? I can't imagine anything happening and if something did happen it'd be a question of if the world would be around because the USA gone most likely means the use of nuclear weapons.

Isn't it Azrael who writes who lives and dies according to Christianity? I know he writes in the book of Life and Death. I could be wrong as I'm not a Christian. I agree, so long that the child is loved and the mother respected. That is of course the most important.

It is a high bar and we're so divided by differences that don't exist. The most blatant example I can give is religion and the three major ones. Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament and God. Christianity and Islam share Jesus (though different roles) and all three share the idea of one god. And yet for some reason a divide exists..

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
I understand what you are saying, but 13 is very young, too young, to be exploring one's sexuality in my opinion. Personally if I had children I would not want them having sex so young or exploring their sexuality. Of course that is my opinion and how I plan on raising my children, should be lucky enough to start a family.

I'm not quite certain what you mean by "the inferior feeling male". Could you just explain so I could respond with a proper reply?

Women are in a much better place now in society than they ever have been, but this is not to say they are not still discriminated against or unequal to males (not by my belief but the social inequalities such as wages).

You mean claim to choose to conceive a child at such an age? No child can truly comprehend what it is to be a parent. I understand perhaps earlier in history children had children, but in this day and age where the life expectancy is relatively high there is no reason not to wait to mid twenties.

which is why the religious influence perpetuating such is bad for public education it rails against in the name of morals... it appears te main infulence and take over of te American system of political ethics with parental like morality lording over the masses of children is a mistake. if such is what one wishes to teach then one should keep it in their churches or homes... but the rebellion the child has against such oppression in finding their own way should not be repressed, the true issue is a failure to allow communication to dispell the ignorance of cognitive dissonance that says... if was good enoughh for me then it is good enough for them...

well, children are not anyone but themself until we try to live through and prevent what we see as mistakes... how else is one to grow learn adapt and taste real wisdom beyond such without experience? which is in and of it self evolution of the species by adapting to the adversity ones choices brings... in allowing such by realizing at some point a parent has no control when the child nears or is becoming an adult the task master whip of obey needs to be lain down if it ever needed to be picked up to begin with if we desire generations of responsible adults.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Before I reply I'm going to say that your reply confused me, due I think to lack of grammar (proper and punctuation), but let's see if I understood you.

What religious influence exactly? There is less religious influence then ever, to my knowledge, and though I do stand against organized religion I do not think religion can be blamed for lack of morality. Lack of morality is causing for religions to devolve on the other hand.

Distractions around here, can't quite comprehend.

I understand children are only themselves until having been influenced by someone on the outside (of them), but none of it seems to really respond to my points.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"Please do not seek to cheapen his words with your response."

No problem. Next time you want a real discourse be sure to let us know.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I would like to propose that the wildly popular sitcom The Big Bang Theory is effectively dumbing American's down by making a mockery of intellectual's.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

my sincere apologies, as a public figure my devices are constantly hacked by all sorts... i dont care as im transparent with my words deeds and business... its when they take it over with secret accounts and i frames and virtual machine me in the cloud that removes my electronic autonomy that i have to resort to a machine with many failings against ATSs coding unix is not very well supported but very secure by not being very well supported.

so the failings are something i try to over come but they still manage to come through. because people want dirt for bailmail scandal etc. its rediculous but something people such as myself have to adapt to or else have things that should be and are intended as private between two individuals that is no one elses business such as nudes etc intruded upon... imagine a camera following you every second of every day... trying to pry where they are not invited and perhaps the struggle is more clear... some just want me to be shut down because my voice carries some influence against agendas they wish to perpetuate that does noting for the people represented and pushed as for your own safety... adults need no such parental protections against themselves, adults that never learned to be adults however? need education not constant supervision by a big brother and thats the true darkness facing us all...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Public figure? Who are you if you're a public figure?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I do not like the lime light nor the nonsense that comes with it, i never wanted fans so i make them friends... but that becomes exceedingly difficult the more people attach to ashes of stereotypes instead of the phoenix as we all learn grow and adapt. this thread isnt about myself however nor is anything i post to help humanity be deprogrammed and unite as one family beyond ignorance that does us all no good however well intended... i'll just say im an artist of many mediums people appreciate and leave it at that... and then say(rhetorically) what did that label artist i used conjure in ones mind? some see the art of various forms as me, but they just see the expression and what they really see or take from it is then theirs and not me at all. it becomes rather limiting to allow such pidgeon holing onto oneself. i open source nearly everything to inspire and i offer encouragement to those reaching for their dreams and also to those that have reached them to keep going and learning and expressing themselves beyond such limited roles of being... im not the only one however so no one special is the most honest answer i can really give.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I would like to propose that the wildly popular sitcom The Big Bang Theory is effectively dumbing American's down by making a mockery of intellectual's.

I think the show is designed to reduce fear of intelligence in the general population. It is more or less, a PR campaign for genius.
edit on 23-2-2016 by Enderdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

That is indeed an eloquent way of saying what most of us have rumbling around in the backs of our brains. Definitely got chills from the last section, makes me feel like going into epic battle complete with sharknadoes and time-out sections. lol much love

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This is one of the best and most important threads I've read on this site in quite some time. Good job Mruss and many of the posters.

I was actually going to make a thread concerning THIS ARTICLE but I think this current thread is a proper place for it, because I feel it represents one symptom of the overall problem (at least on the collegiate level).

From the article:

Sudent activists at Brown University are complaining of emotional stress and poor grades after months of protesting, and blame the school for insisting that they complete their coursework.

“There are people breaking down, dropping out of classes, and failing classes because of the activism work they are taking on,” an undergraduate student going by the pseudonym “David” told The Brown Daily Herald Thursday. “My grades dropped dramatically. My health completely changed. I lost weight. I’m on antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills right now. Counselors called me. I had deans calling me to make sure I was okay.”

Other students reported similar problems, describing maladies ranging from emotional distraction to panic attacks that they say caused them to skip assignments, miss class, and generally lose focus on keeping their grades up.

Although I have never personally been part of any protests, I can understand that from some people's perspective there can be actions that are so egregious that they want to speak out. However, I feel that culture on too many of today's campuses not only give too much leeway for activism (for, in my opinion, questionable causes), but all too often promote them.

To put it another way, years from now when my son (hopefully) attends college, I will continually remind him what he is there for. To get an education and a degree that will improve his chances of succeeding in this world.

Back to the article... If an individual wan't to protest (peacefully and lawfully), by all means, they should go right ahead. However, if they take it to the point where they knowingly and willfully sacrifice their academics, then they have to live with the results.

It also makes me wonder the age old question..... Where are their parents?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join