It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Professor Explains How Our Children Have Been Indoctrinated Into The New World Order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: Asktheanimals

While I appreciate your thoughts, I think you've missed the point.

What he is trying to say is that this generation--and the rest that will follow--have been conditioned to become worker drones who won't question the status quo and who will happily march into the New World Order because that is what they have been conditioned to do.

This was not so much a comment on the education system as much as it was a warning that our student's minds are being hijacked to carry out the tenants of globalization and total control.

But no, he didn't miss the point. He expounded on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In general ...

The "Education" the elite are given is not the same as ordinary people
The elite are taught to rule ... ordinary people are taught to be followers.
This has always been the way in Education
Ordinary people are taught to respect and follow their "Betters"

Ordinary people are dumbed down purposefully and always have been

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

very true, they both can be abused, depends on the leaders really. Sad good people never make it to the top or corrupted on the way. I believe capitalism can work if we rid our self from the oligarchy and have good leaders who don't sell our their people. odd in my political classes and philosophy classes they tended to glorify Marxism. this might be off topic lol

What is your major if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack

I am a freshman with no major
...Perhaps something with writing such as digital media or journalism. And yours? Wish I were inyour classes. I have personal second hand experience of Communism.
And we are on topic of education and method so I'd argue we are on topic.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

What a telling and perfect description of your years at university. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

They are the culmination of western civilization, a civilization that has forgotten nearly everything about itself, and as a result, has achieved near-perfect indifference to its own culture.

What is the culture of Western civilization? My ancestry is a mixture of German, Irish (actually Scottish — at least patrilineally — as they were Ulster Scots who settled in Ireland a century before immigrating to the "New World"), French, Swedish, a bit of Dutch and some Native American thrown in for good measure.

Before there were modern European nations, there were the medieval kingdoms that formed after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. The Romans brought their culture to western Europe by conquering the lands of the "barbarians" tribes like the Angles, Saxons, Goths, Vandals, Franks, Celts, etc. Of course Western civilization didn't start with the Romans either, it started centuries earlier with the Greeks.

Then there's Christianity, an offshoot of Judaism, religion of the Israelites, a Semitic group from Canaan (the southern Levant).

Where exactly should we point our fingers to and say, "THIS, THIS is the culture!" and whose culture is it? Is it the culture of all people in Europe and North America? Is it the culture of "white people?" Do "white people" the world have a homogeneous culture?

I'm sorry but this is a bunch of BS. Culture is ever evolving on a continuum stretching back into prehistory. Clearly the good professor (of Constitutional Studies at a Catholic university) is lamenting something but what is it exactly? One poster seems to be particularly concerned about "Confederate heritage" which is what? The Confederacy existed for 4 years. Perhaps this heritage is that of the pre-Civil War South?

Well no — not exactly.

What people are really talking about is the "heritage" of antebellum WHITE Southerners who weren't even a majority of the people living in some states (for instance, in the 1850 census there were 384,984 enslaved blacks to 274,568 whites in South Carolina).

Ridiculous.
edit on 2016-2-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the blocks that they taught if I can remember correctly are
1. pre civ
2. sumer-fertile crescent civs
3. ancient egypt
4. ancient greece
5. rome
6. charlesmagne, crusades, 100 years war, focus only on France and England
7. italian renaissance
8. New world, native mesoamericans
9. american colonies, revolutionary war/new nation
10. american expansion across north america, oregon trail stuff, native americans
11. civil war, slavery
12. ww1
13. great depression
14. ww2/holocaust
15. civil rights

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm a business major with a focus on small business i defiantly want to go the entrepreneurship way because i can't stand the thought of being a corporate slave and I learned the art of the hustle from growing up in the Bronx; I used pay the rent selling candy bars :p. I wanna be very diversified having my hands in many different ventures. Probably not normal for a business major to be into the stuff im into.

You should pick something that you find interesting, but you still have to be realistic. I was actually thinking about starting a blog that would focus on alternative views of current events, im still in the research stage, but if you have good content and willing to put in work you can make decent money from home. maybe we could work together or guest spot each other, just one of the ideas i was cooking up.

You know some one who lived in a communist country?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We could work together. I happen to be from Queens so we aren't far, though I am usually away at New Paltz. Perhaps we could meet sometime in the city. I'd gladly discuss. It'd be an interesting venture though I always thought blogs were free to view?

Yes, much of my family though I know most from my mom.

edit on 21-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I'm old enough to have read "Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler when it was first released in 1970. Shook me to my core. Then I lapped up it's sequel "The Third Wave" in 1980. That was long ago but I am pretty sure that some of that message was the true nature of the school system.

Ring a bell and sit down at your desk. Read things that were not important to you and then answer questions that you did not care about. Bell, recess relax. Bell, more meaninglessness, Bell lunch, one half hour bell and back to it.

He was focusing here on how children from an agricultural era were being prepared for the industrial era and were trained to work in factories and manufacturing plants. Buzzer, work, buzzer, lunch etc. Take orders from one boss even though you did not understand the larger meaning of the work. Training training training. As I came to understand how it was that I had been programmed in this manner I was greatly shaken.

But to add perspective, or maybe just rumination, is this not the pattern we find through out history? Were not the Spartans very very controlling in the conditioning of their youth? Is this not something that has always been with us? And how about all those little Catholic children through the ages.

I suppose it comes down to whether or not the parents agree with the rulers of any given society.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Professor Deneen also spoke about this topic at a 'Common Core' conference a few years ago at Notre Dame...

I have been teaching a freshman seminar for about eight years that is entitled “The End of Education.” In the seminar we study about ten different authors, ranging from Plato and Aristotle to John Dewey and Allan Bloom, all with an eye to exploring the questions “what is education for?” “What end does it seek to achieve?”

The aim of the course is not necessarily to give my students the answer to that question but to make them aware of the intense debate that has taken place over the history of Western Civilization over the ends and purpose of education. As I begin my first class by explaining, if you want to know the commitments of a civilization, look at what it aims to teach its young. If one of the main marks of a civilization is its effort to perpetuate itself over successive generations, then its deepest and ultimate cares will be reflected in its educational commitments.

The Purpose of Education in American Society

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I fear they may lack the comprehension skills to understand it.

Better to start them off with the American Dream cartoon. Its animated, with bright colors, likeable characters, and easy to understand... I think it's gotten that bad that these things are necessary just to hold their attention long enough, which reminds me, its also much shorter...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

That is just awesome beautiful. It proves so well that Truth is Beauty and Beauty is Truth and that's really all we need to know. He's so incredibly drop dead correct in his conclusions its utterly stunning.

It was so heartening to see that one of his conclusions matches the observation of myself and my coworkers. These people come to the workplace, and indeed the world with absolutely no frame of reference. Everything for them is out of context and they themselves seem to be entirely without any context.

They also have only one frame of reference when it comes to values, i.e., all they know is what they want and what they want is all they know. And if they want something then it is a "good" thing and it doesn't matter how they get what they want because it is a "good" because they want it. Stealing it from someone else isn't a bad because the act of the taking was in pursuit of a "good", i.e., what they want.

"let's open a dialogue about where we go from here. How we stop the future from "tumbling down." "

Let us not delude ourselves........there's no place to go from here except as far from the tumbling down as you can get. There's no fixing this. The Chinese, the Russians or possibly even the Caliphate and in some parts of the US, MS-13, will fix this. My guess is that when the economic collapse happens, the Chinese will simply move in and lay claim to the collateral owed them for US bad debt.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You seem like a very knowledgeable and nice young person. If I had only one piece of advice to give you it would be.....learn a foreign language. If you feel its too late to fit in where you are in life know, just imagine what it will be like in the workplace with these clods. There's no future for thinkers in the US............get a foreign language and get out while you're young. Don't let yourself become invested in this social junk yard.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I live in CT now but its not far, i lived in New Paltz for 2 years and have family who live there; i used to work at gourmet pizza lol. You can make money from advertising see the ones on the side of this page, the more traffic you bring in the money you could make. Takes a lot of time and work though to build a following.

Does this site have instant messaging? I could send you some stuff i was reading.

You should use your mom's experience for your blog or it would make an interesting thread on here. I never met any one who lived in a communist country; im fourth generation American.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes it does. That downward arrow to the right of logging out and myATS and messages. Hmm, we could chat there.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Well first I will have to thank you for the compliment. I actually do know a foreign language, I speak Polish, though perhaps not to perfection I can easily hold a conversation and have most of my family in Poland and have been born there myself! I agree, this place is a mess and I long to return one day to Poland.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hey there, I find it both comforting and sad to see how well you describe my world, too. It's been something I've been thinking and talking about with very few for quite some time: it's almost as though people are caught in some kind of haze or dream, hypnotized and content as long as they have Facebook and soap operas, never peeking outside of that 'shallow' world, hardly any further interests either. It actually makes me feel lonely. I don't really know with whom to discuss these feelings and impressions irl because you're so easily labeled no-fun, arrogant, self absorbed, etc... And the general narrative seems to be that if you're *not* like what is being described here, you're just judgmental, bitter because you're just awkward, and what not.

Good to see that there're people out there who feel similar!

edit on 21-2-2016 by ExoticSpaceTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ExoticSpaceTiger
Hello there, although in a minor rush I'm honored to be the first person you post to and I'm curious what topics are of interest to you for surely we could discuss them via PM as I am open to anything so long I feel something worth defending is not being attacked.

I agree, so long that people have those pointless sources of contact and entertainment there is no desire by them to reach out beyond their safe bubble.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wonder how many people are willing to take one persons opinion as the end all fact of the matter on other issues.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join