It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nonspecific

Haha no! It is my leave vote cancelling yours out, it appears we have a stalemate.
Come to the light comrade, no shame in changing your mind to do the right thing

I was just thinking of suggesting that you did the same thing

Maybe some kind of duel is in order.
Then my casting vote if LEAVE!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Haha no! It is my leave vote cancelling yours out, it appears we have a stalemate.

Aha but my partner is also voting in two all.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

But ATS vote is 61%+ LEAVE. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My mate doesn't care so he said I can have his ballot slip and go to the polling station near his house!

...and aside from my friends from the EU who don't have the vote lol, I don't actually know anyone in 'real life' who is voting stay.
I think we'll vote out in a shock result and the polls are BS...hope I'm correct.
edit on 17.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I do not think a discussion on a conspiracy site can be taken as a clear indication of an actual outcome though do you?

I think it will be a close race but have a feeling that we will stay in, look at what happened with the Scotish referendum, everyone thinking it was going to be a victory and in the end too many people decided to play it safe.

I predict that we will stay but thats all it is, one persons prediction.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

My mate doesn't care so he said I can have his ballot slip and go to the polling station near his house!

...and aside from my friends from the EU who don't have the vote lol, I don't actually know anyone in 'real life' who is voting stay.
I think we'll vote out in a shock result and the polls are BS...hope I'm correct.
Agree. Nice one on the friends vote.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It is a kind of a democracy so you are entitled to your opinion and vote. Good luck, but just remember when I said it will be a disaster in waiting if we REMAIN!

Hmmn.... At least we get to vote here in the UK.

Unlike the UK's vote counting or having any influence when there is a vote in the EU

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

No but so many poster have stated that the people they know are all for OUT! Same for me!

I do not think a discussion on a conspiracy site can be taken as a clear indication of an actual outcome though do you?

I think it will be a close race but have a feeling that we will stay in, look at what happened with the Scotish referendum, everyone thinking it was going to be a victory and in the end too many people decided to play it safe.

I predict that we will stay but thats all it is, one persons prediction.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
NHS queue for operations.
How about this one.
Yesterday I went for a pr-op at my local NHS hospital. I have been waiting to get an operation since OCT 2015. Finally a few weeks ago I got an admission date for 30 March 2016.
Anyway, I went to my pre-op appointment and with me in the waiting room to see the nurse there was 2 others who were clearly from other EU countries also having a pre-op.
I completed the pre-op ok and returned home looking forward to my op on 30th of March only to receive a call this morning that the NHS trust didnt have enough equipment to proceed with my Op on 30 March so now back in the queue.
Apart from being annoyed with the NHS situation and striving to get my op since Oct last year. Why are there East EU folk in the queue for operations. So another example of the impact of EU migrants.
Make me sick.
Paid my taxes for 40 years and when it comes to my turn for an Op. This!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Latest from Vote LEAVE - Things looking like we are moving towards an OUT vote!

www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...< br />
www.bbc.co.uk...

Today's must-reads
Tory Eurosceptics to join revolt over tampon levy - Times www.thetimes.co.uk...

George Osborne accused of 'politicising' independent forecaster over Budget Brexit row - Telegraph www.telegraph.co.uk...

The EU deal with Turkey is fraught with dangers - Lord Owen, Telegraph www.telegraph.co.uk... itter

The OBR is relaxed about Brexit – contrary to what Osborne suggested - Spectator blogs.spectator.co.uk...

London remains top investment location for Middle East despite Brexit fears - CityAM www.cityam.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

So is this actually a thread to discuss the pro's and con's of the different outcomes of the referendum or is it just a bunch of people who are going to vote out and trying to find lots of things to substantiate there cause and agree with each other?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So is this actually a thread to discuss the pro's and con's of the different outcomes of the referendum or is it just a bunch of people who are going to vote out and trying to find lots of things to substantiate there cause and agree with each other?
Of course not! So far there are a few people who are going to vote REMAIN (not many) and a few who are undecided (not many). But it is early days and we have 3 months to go so things could change or develop as the conflicting opinions are expressed! There will be new ATS contributors as we progress. You are a REMAIN voter and has such should contribute to that side of the argument with facts and references to material which supports the REMAIN campaign. But to date the IN ATS voters have presented little in support of REMAIN. Maybe you should do more of that rather than give negative opinions about the thread and its contributors to date. After all we live in a almost democratic country do we not?.

Look forward to your sound arguments and reference material in support of REMAINING.

I know we have a BRO against BRO situation but let that not stifle the debate! After all we all have to live among each other after the referendum (albeit with the REMAIN voters saying thank you to the OUT voters later on).

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Of course not! So far there are a few people who are going to vote REMAIN (not many) and a few who are undecided (not many). But it is early days and we have 3 months to go so things could change or develop as the conflicting opinions are expressed! There will be new ATS contributors as we progress. You are a REMAIN voter and has such should contribute to that side of the argument with facts and references to material which supports the REMAIN campaign. But to date the IN ATS voters have presented little in support of REMAIN. Maybe you should do more of that rather than give negative opinions about the thread and its contributors to date. After all we live in a almost democratic country do we not?.

Look forward to your sound arguments and reference material in support of REMAINING.

I know we have a BRO against BRO situation but let that not stifle the debate! After all we all have to live among each other after the referendum (albeit with the REMAIN voters saying thank you to the OUT voters later on).

I only asked as you were putting lots of info up from the "out" side of things but did not see anything in the last few pages from the "in" perspective.

As to contributing I think it would be pretty pointless as most of those who are going to vote out have already made up their minds.

Is there anything I bring to the table that would make you consider changing your mind and voting to stay in?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I only asked as you were putting lots of info up from the "out" side of things but did not see anything in the last few pages from the "in" perspective.

As to contributing I think it would be pretty pointless as most of those who are going to vote out have already made up their minds.

Is there anything I bring to the table that would make you consider changing your mind and voting to stay in?

Some facts that clearly show the benefits to date of being in the EU and benefits to be derived in the future. Also, how immigration is going to be better controlled and what plans there are to address the situation. Like rounding up all illegals and shipping them out and sending back any EU migrants that are not working. Justification for spending 350m a day on the EU club as opposed to using the money for other needy causes like building sufficient housing for the less well off and more school places etc etc etc.

I was hoping that more IN voters would contribute but either they just aren't there or they do have the material to support their vote IN because of a sheep fear perspective. It appears the reluctance of IN voters to contribute as much as the OUT voters is possibly down to the fact they don't want to admit that they are voting in out of fear and believe what their government is telling them. I guess many people are afraid of jumping off a singing ship because they fer they will drown and don't want to take a better chance (but that sometimes takes balls!) But would you rather be dead with balls or dead without balls!

We welcome more input from REMAIN voters please present your arguments in support of REMAINING and we can discuss the p & c's, u's & d's, i's & o's etc
edit on 17-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I am aware of the potential benefits of an EU exit thank you.

I was however asking you if that if I could put a good enough case forward for staying within the EU would you change your vote or have you already made your decision and therefore any debate would be pointless.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I was however asking you if that if I could put a good enough case forward for staying within the EU would you change your vote or have you already made your decision and therefore any debate would be pointless.
And I replied what I would like to see. And one can only change ones mind if one is sufficiently convinced by facts, evidence and reference material that is clear, concise, to the point and irrefutable! If you have such material along these lines then please present such and one may consider a change of mind! Save me if you can from making a potential mistake.

We all have a starting point. Where we end up is always open to debate and the evidence presented! I have so far seen nothing that even comes close to a substantial factual argument for REMAINING! And would like to see any substantiated material that supports REMAIN!

edit on 17-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sorry - tasteless remark.
edit on 17-3-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Sorry - tasteless remark.
Nevermind. How do you plan to vote (if not already contributed)?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And I replied what I would like to see. And one can only change ones mind if one is sufficiently convinced by facts, evidence and reference material that is clear, concise, to the point and irrefutable! If you have such material along these lines then please present such and one may consider a change of mind! Save me if you can from making a potential mistake.

We all have a starting point. Where we end up is always open to debate and the evidence presented! I have so far seen nothing that even comes close to a substantial factual argument for REMAINING! And would like to see any substantiated material that supports REMAIN!

To be honest I would prefer not to get involved and if you choose to take this as an admittance that I have nothing to give then that is up to you.

The truth of the matter however is that anyone looking for an exit has a fight on their hands and feel passionate about an exit, therefore they are more likely to actively involve themselves in debate.

Those who are choosing to vote in have less of a fight as it will either be or it will not and that will only be found out after the results are in.

As I said earlier the chances of anyone actually managing to change there minds at this stage is minimal and given that your thread is biased towards an exit vote I feel it would be a huge waste of time and effort to try and convince you otherwise.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Agree. Nice one on the friends vote.

For the record, if I physically took my friends ballot card to the polling station and voted while pretending to be him, it would be illegal electoral fraud.

My friend genuinely doesn't give a toss either way, so if I sort out the postal vote thing for him, fill the form out at his place over a beer so all he has to do is sign it, then I deliver it to the local authority, and we're good to go.
If you have any apathetic friends who don't care and won't vote I'd say do the same and ask them to do the same.
One more vote for 'leave' totally legal, and a bit of form filling when having a beer with a mate.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join