It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Agree. Nice one on the friends vote.

For the record, if I physically took my friends ballot card to the polling station and voted while pretending to be him, it would be illegal electoral fraud.

My friend genuinely doesn't give a toss either way, so if I sort out the postal vote thing for him, fill the form out at his place over a beer so all he has to do is sign it, then I deliver it to the local authority, and we're good to go.
If you have any apathetic friends who don't care and won't vote I'd say do the same and ask them to do the same.
One more vote for 'leave' totally legal, and a bit of form filling when having a beer with a mate.

Did you know that non EU people with a visa can vote on the referendum?

No word of a lie my mate's missus is from Serbia and is on a 2 year visa because she has a child with an English man and is now trying to get married to anyone English so she can get a full UK passport and stay here and she has the vote.

She is voting out because she does not want any more immigrants coming into the country???????

Figure that one out if you can, I threw her out of the house for that kind of hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

There are lots of immigrants that have settled here that don't want the current open borders policy we have at the moment because quite frankly, it's a stupid and dangerous idea.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
The truth of the matter however is that anyone looking for an exit has a fight on their hands and feel passionate about an exit, therefore they are more likely to actively involve themselves in debate.

Those who are choosing to vote in have less of a fight as it will either be or it will not and that will only be found out after the results are in.

I'm hoping that this will prove to be the downfall of the 'Remain' supporters.

I know many 'undecided's' who in private are voting out but stay quiet publicly because they don't want that lame accusation of racist/xenophobic/anti-immigrant etc from the 'Remain' crowd.
The remain campaign would be wise to up their game as the @Leave' crowd are.
You could get a spanking in the referendum mate if you guys don't start reminding those who are 'undecided'' why the EU will be so much safer than a sovereign UK.

Both option have risks, unknown and known. I prefer what I perceive as the preferred risk, and that is all any of us can do.

...most of the printed press read by easily led people backing 'Leave' must be a proper wounder for you and the 'Remain' campaign though lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hahaha! Comedy gold!

Doesn't bother me too much though, the citizens from EU nations living here were the biggest potential issue, It's 1 Million+ and they would definitely have skewed the figures. I was relieved when the decision was made that they would not get the vote, and also chuckled because it pissed off the Scottish Nationalist Party and Sturgeon.
Ha, I loved that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

There are lots of immigrants that have settled here that don't want the current open borders policy we have at the moment because quite frankly, it's a stupid and dangerous idea.

True, a Polish mate is voting 'Leave' as he's a UK citizen and passport holder now. Strange, but he is pissed off that his daughter didn't get her first Primary school choice since it became overrun with Hungarian, Romanian, and Bulgarian children after they got the option of moving to the UK in recent years.

Yes, uncontrolled immigration from the EU is damaging. We do not need half a million labourers and other unskilled workers, that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Sorry - tasteless remark.
Nevermind. How do you plan to vote (if not already contributed)?

I would vote Out, the major reason wanting our sovereignty back.

If the EU functioned as a body to protect us from our lords and masters I'd fight tooth and nail to stay in. But it doesn't work like that.

It simply serves as a body for them to hide behind instead of having to take all the blame for their own shysterliness. It's just another layer of authority to keep us under and some of the rules and regulations that are foisted on us by them are so ridiculous they serve to distract from the godawful goings on in Parliament. (How convenient).

I'd rather just have a Government that was accountable to its own people, although it's pretty bloody obvious that this country is run by the elite for the elite. And has been for a millennia.

But they're on dangerous ground, they've been pushing just that little bit too hard. One day, if they're not careful, the sleeping proles will give them the bite on the arse they've been asking for.

No wonder they'd rather we stayed in.

edit on 17-3-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

True, a Polish mate is voting 'Leave' as he's a UK citizen and passport holder now. Strange, but he is pissed off that his daughter didn't get her first Primary school choice since it became overrun with Hungarian, Romanian, and Bulgarian children after they got the option of moving to the UK in recent years.

Yes, uncontrolled immigration from the EU is damaging. We do not need half a million labourers and other unskilled workers, that is for sure.

The immigration issue is a tough one for me to call in fairness as I like to think of myself as an internationalist, I dislike the concept of borders drawn up by warmongers and elitist's.

On the other hand I have seen what cheap labour from eastern Europe has done to a lot of trades from builders to taxi drivers.

I have been on quotes where we did not get the job because a bunch of Polish undercut us massivley and that is a pain in the arse.

On the other hand though the Poles will work longer and harder than I will and will put up with living 3 to a room.

Also it means that the customer who is very often not rich themselves get things done cheaper so it really is quite tricky in a lot of ways.

It is quite similar to the Irish in days gone past and to some degree the Scots moving down to the North and Midlands to find a better life for there families.

Not easy for me being such a hippy and all.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So do you disagree with the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the rest of the world outside of the EU who all say they will only allow you in if you satisfy their immigration needs?
I have no emotional attachment to the EU or its people. I am Welsh British living in England, my adopted home nation.
I have many EU friends some now UK citizens, most not, but they will not be kicked out after a 'Leave' vote. There will be transitional arrangements as there always are.

Do you have any particular objection to a needs based immigration system as we would have to face if we wanted to move to any other nation outside of the EU? If so, what exactly is it?
I'm all for useful immigration, not a free for all from piss poor EU countries by folk who have no particular skills to offer the nation which are currently in a shortage.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

But they're on dangerous ground, they've been pushing just that little bit too hard. One day, if they're not careful, the sleeping proles will give them the bite on the arse they've been asking for.

Of course it is always easier to deal with the biggest gang in town when they are in one place, Westminster not Brussels.
All options are on the cards when it happens on the island we live on.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

As I say it is something I have issues with.

If I were to employ someone would I choose an Eastern European who would work like a trooper for a fair wage or an all but useless English kid that thought that the world owed him a living and wanted to spend all day on his mobile and bum days off because he wanted to play on his xbox?

I live in a very multicultural area and what I see is non British people up at the crack of dawn and off to work and British people mooching about town and leaning on a lamp post or bemoaning the latest benefit cuts on a Tuesday afternoon.

Not as easy is it seems for me right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If I were to employ someone would I choose an Eastern European who would work like a trooper for a fair wage or an all but useless English kid that thought that the world owed him a living and wanted to spend all day on his mobile and bum days off because he wanted to play on his xbox?

Agreed, EU nationals fill the gap that is allowed by a benefits system that is so easy to navigate your way to sitting on your arse getting stoned.
With no EU workers doing the agency jobs/unskilled etc it is easy to create a bigger workforce by forcing the lazy bastard Brits to get off their arse and get a #ing job, or pay their own way through their efforts.
While the employment gap is filled by EU nationals, and the government makes it so easy for Brits to chill at home being lazy, then the lazy bastards will never change.

...and to all those leftie Brits who cry "There aren't any jobs!" like children, it's amazing how the Eastern European folk manage to find unskilled work so easily. Lazy bastards, commonly found whinging on internet forums.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Agreed, EU nationals fill the gap that is allowed by a benefits system that is so easy to navigate your way to sitting on your arse getting stoned.
With no EU workers doing the agency jobs/unskilled etc it is easy to create a bigger workforce by forcing the lazy bastard Brits to get off their arse and get a #ing job, or pay their own way through their efforts.
While the employment gap is filled by EU nationals, and the government makes it so easy for Brits to chill at home being lazy, then the lazy bastards will never change.

...and to all those leftie Brits who cry "There aren't any jobs!" like children, it's amazing how the Eastern European folk manage to find unskilled work so easily. Lazy bastards, commonly found whinging on internet forums.

I thin this is the issue deep down for me as I am getting older and raised in a pit town in the Midlands.

As much as people may complain about non British people living in this country they are in a sense holding the place together. Find me a 19 year old that lives with mum that will do a crap job for a crap wage whilst they try and improve their life?

They fob off and cry and just want to have it easy. Who cleans the toilets in the NHS hospitals? who drives taxi's on a Saturday night or works in a shop that stays open until midnight? Stocks shelves or any other horrible job that needs to be done to keep this truck 'a moving?

Not English kids with a cushy life in Mums council house or a nice rented property paid for by a combination of benefits and Dad's CSA that is for sure.

There are some good kids out there but take away cheap labour from somewhere else be it Eastern Europe, India or Ireland/Scotland and see what happens really quickly.

This is not by accident but design in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Of course it is always easier to deal with the biggest gang in town when they are in one place, Westminster not Brussels.
All options are on the cards when it happens on the island we live on.

It all reminds me of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Jerry was given a bell by the bulldog so he could ring for assistance when Tom threatened him. All went well and Tom had the crap kicked out of him whenever he tried to bully Jerry.

Then the dog got taken to the pound and, try as he might, Jerry couldn't summon him.

Leaving the EU would be the equivalent of locking up the dog. Our lousy governments could ring the bell ad nauseum, but there'd be nobody to rescue them from the pissed of populace

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Agreed.
I see it very much the same as you. The UK government is very much more accountable in a sovereign UK, democratically, and in practical action terms.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

This is not by accident but design in my opinion.

...a design I wish to challenge by voting leave.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No word of a lie my mate's missus is from Serbia and is on a 2 year visa because she has a child with an English man and is now trying to get married to anyone English so she can get a full UK passport and stay here and she has the vote.

She is voting out because she does not want any more immigrants coming into the country???????

Figure that one out if you can, I threw her out of the house for that kind of hypocrisy.

That figures .... they have a piece of the UK pie, like it, and don't want to share

because eventually it will dilute the pie?

I have seen similar interviews on news channels where the same people are for

sending immigrants/refugees back saying we need no more coming to this country!

So you see the UK is one big draw for the less privileged

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

That figures .... they have a piece of the UK pie, like it, and don't want to share

because eventually it will dilute the pie?

I have seen similar interviews on news channels where the same people are for

sending immigrants/refugees back saying we need no more coming to this country!

So you see the UK is one big draw for the less privileged
Precisely, and that wont change, only get worse. And when all the refugees get their papers from other EU countries they will head for the UK also. Best to get OUT now before that happens!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of the TAMPON TAX which has just been defeated but when you have crazy things like this coming out of the EU then yet another reason to LEAVE. The UK should define and impose its own rules in the interests of the UK electorate!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I wasn't aware of the TAMPON TAX which has just been defeated but when you have crazy things like this coming out of the EU then yet another reason to LEAVE. The UK should define and impose its own rules in the interests of the UK electorate!

You just beat me to it!! Its only taken over 40 years for that achievement !!

and I suppose David Cameron will add that to his long list of consessions he is

claiming he has gained from the EU in his *remain* campaign

Edit to add....

It still has to go through the EU parliament and could take years ... just emphasises

how little control we have over our own country, laws, borders and people

edit on 18-3-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
IDS has resigned so has no excuse now not to start splashing the dirt re EU referendum. I hope he has lots of dirt to share to put remain in a bad light!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join