It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Lol, your queen comment made me chuckle to be honest.
...turns out she's making out she's sitting on the fence with the EU vote now, like a good little constitutional monarch should.

I bet she's well against closer political integration on the sly, let's face it the whole concept of a head of state could be in doubt a few years into the future. United States of Europe is, and always has been the ultimate plan at the top, it's just taking longer than they hoped for.
That's how I see things anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Looking back at you comment I still can't see the tongue-in-cheek humour. And the fact i hear this all the time, made me think you were being serious.

Apologies if you were joking. Though what I said still stands (but obviously not directed at you).

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Looking back at you comment I still can't see the tongue-in-cheek humour. And the fact i hear this all the time, made me think you were being serious.
Apologies if you were joking. Though what I said still stands (but obviously not directed at you).

Think its time for a *tongue in cheek* emo

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, your queen comment made me chuckle to be honest.
...turns out she's making out she's sitting on the fence with the EU vote now, like a good little constitutional monarch should.

I bet she's well against closer political integration on the sly, let's face it the whole concept of a head of state could be in doubt a few years into the future. United States of Europe is, and always has been the ultimate plan at the top, it's just taking longer than they hoped for.
That's how I see things anyway.

That sounds about right. However, I am suspicious!

We have the Queen saying out (and on the fence) and her grand kids saying in.

Their opinions and input should ignored. They are supposed to be politically neutral to all sides in the debate!

The PLOT thickens and thickens.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
The PLOT thickens and thickens.

Absolutely, and some folk WILL be swayed by the opinions of the royal family.
I just comfort myself that more folk will be swayed by Murdoch and what they read in their newspapers, he's got the upper hand because he isn't tied like the supposedly apolitical monarch is.
The printed media is overwhelmingly biased toward the UK leaving as far as I see it and may well make the difference.

As I've said previously, I'll take the support of Satan if it wins the leave vote, and as there are so many stupid voters who have opinions based solely on what their particular rag tells them, I think 'leave' will wing it in June.
Well, I hope so, maybe the queen will come out with a "Think carefully" line the day before, along with a 'pledge' from Cameron and the 'remain' crowd...I guess we have to watch and wait...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the (non european sounding) saxe-coburg-gotha royals don't want out of europe.
or murdochs press lying again.

think i know what to believe.

however, as said, the english are dumb, many still believe sausages and bent bananas are banned by the EU.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

You got inside sources then?
It seems strange for Murdoch to allow his papers to tell readers to vote 'leave' if that is not what he wants.
How do you explain that? ...or is your comment here just a hit n run drive-by?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
however, as said, the english are dumb, many still believe sausages and bent bananas are banned by the EU.

EU Banana regulation does actually specify minimum dimensions. It also states that bananas shall be free from deformation or abnormal curvature. However the provisions relating to shape apply fully only to bananas sold as 'Extra class'. Some defects of shape (but not size) are permitted in Class I and Class II bananas. So the banana thing is not a myth per se, just usually highly exaggerated to make it sound worse than it actually is.

But at the end of the day, I don't want the EU deciding my laws, full stop.

I haven't even heard of the sausage myth before

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I wouldn't worry, the honourable member is a drive-by one post shooter in all these similar threads.
...and clearly posting by mobile phone, or too lazy to use capitalisation etc, usually making outlandish assertions and never coming back to defend his/her lame one-line argument.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Although I remain firmly in the Brexit camp, there is one thing that worries me. I don't think it will be plain sailing and here's why. If we do leave, we will become the nemesis of Brussel's Elite

That is not the worst scenario .... The worst scenario is IF we stay.

Because IF we stay, we will for all time be an ulcer on the belly of the EU

that wont go away, and as such we will have to be punished (shown whose's

boss!!) and every thing that we have fought so hard for will be taken from

us our borders, our soverinity, our £ .... Yes our £. We will

get the final humiliation we will have the euro foisted on us!

in the sense that when (not if) we start to thrive outside the EU, other EU countries will potentially follow us. They will do anything in their power to make us fail in my opinion, not solely revenge but to deter other countries from doing the same thing. The more I read about Brussels's Elite, the more I believe they are capable of doing this.

Yes 'when' and not 'if' lets be positive and reclaim our country.

Great Britain is strong and doesn't need propping up by a failing EU

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You are totally correct. Did you see the new monetary stimulus package the ECB (European Central Bank) has put in place?

The ECB cut its main interest rate from 0.05% to 0% and cut its bank deposit rate, from minus 0.3% to minus 0.4%. The bank will also expand its quantitative easing programme from €60bn to €80bn a month.

www.bbc.co.uk...

They haven't got many options left now to keep the ponzi scheme going. Either print more money, go into negative interest rates or get the people of Europe to pay even more.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

You are totally correct. Did you see the new monetary stimulus package the ECB (European Central Bank) has put in place?

The ECB cut its main interest rate from 0.05% to 0% and cut its bank deposit rate, from minus 0.3% to minus 0.4%. The bank will also expand its quantitative easing programme from €60bn to €80bn a month.

www.bbc.co.uk...

They haven't got many options left now to keep the ponzi scheme going. Either print more money, go into negative interest rates or get the people of Europe to pay even more.

This is all part of the fear factor. The EU is supporting David Cameron's stay

in surreptitiously from the side lines, so that it doesn't appear that they are

actually colluding.

The people on the fence don't go into or read enough about things, just the

buzz words *our economy will suffer* *Jobs will be lost* *we are unable to

negotiate* *we are safer in the EU* etc..... send them into panic mode.

I often wonder how they imagine ... that not only did we survive two world

wars, but WE HAD A LIFE and were solvent and successful before the EU.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Most people are too uneducated to realise how a minus interest rate by a central bank is a worrying sign of the strength of the economy.

Luckily those same people generally vote for whoever their newspaper tells them so with murdoch supporting the leave campaign it could well be a slim victory, fingers crossed of course.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Most people are too uneducated to realise how a minus interest rate by a central bank is a worrying sign of the strength of the economy.

LOL!! Despite all that education ...education ... education!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Its certainly looking interesting and although I suspect that the REMAIN campaign may think they can possibly sway sufficient undecided voters to squeeze a very slim victory. They may well actually be heading for a comfortable defeat which would be the beginning of a new defining moment in UK history.

It may also be a catalyst for further change in the UK and the way we elect our Government. Dare I say it, PR!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

LOL!! Despite all that education ...education ... education!

He's correct though. At my work I sit next to someone who had taken economics at university and he doesn't even know what any of this ECB stuff means!

And on my other side, I have a new starter who just came from uni with a mathematics degree. I joked to her that we will pass all the numeracy work to her, and she replied saying she's not that good at simple calculations...

What do they actually teach in university these days?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
How to get high on weed and pissed every weekend.

Many coming out of Univ seem to lack key skills or the aptitude for industry and commerce.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Bear in mind that that story is concocted by a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch, doesn't contain a single actual named source and has been publicly contested by the monarchy.

In other words, its BS. Its Murdoch trying to influence public perception. Again.
But whats your vote?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Vote status after 20 pages of posts

%
Eligible IN = 18.46
Eligible OUT = 61.54
Eligible UNDEC = 12.31

InEligible IN = 0.00
InEligible OUT = 7.69
InEligible UNDEC = 0.00
Overall IN OUT UNDEC
% 100.00 % 18.46 69.23 12.31

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Vote status after 20 pages of posts

%
Eligible IN = 18.46
Eligible OUT = 61.54
Eligible UNDEC = 12.31

InEligible IN = 0.00
InEligible OUT = 7.69
InEligible UNDEC = 0.00
Overall IN OUT UNDEC
% 100.00 % 18.46 69.23 12.31

Voting age Brit here, I'll be voting out. Sovereignty is very important to me. I'm not a fan of big government and EU is about as big as it gets. It feels like the UN wants us all in a couple of easily manageable unions. They'd quarter up the world if we let them. Easier to milk us, easier to control us, easier to move their assets around. It takes away choice from the people of the countries tangled in it's web.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join